Soft, chewy Sugar Brookies are a delicious combo of Sugar Cookies and Brownies. Make a pan for dessert today!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!
Hey friends! It’s Aimee. Coming to you from Illinois.
Our move went smoothly. I forget how much work it is to unpack though. And sadly, I think I have less cabinet space at this new house! It’s like a puzzle trying to figure out what will be stored where. And then I switch it around. I think I’ve rearranged my cabinets 4 times.
But, now I’m pretty sure I know where everything is. So much so, that I whipped up these Sugar Brookies the other day.
If you recall, brookies are a combo of cookies + brownies….a delicious combo if you ask me! Scroll down after the recipe and you’ll see I’m a bit obsessed!
Today’s recipe was inspired by the insane amount of sprinkles I unpacked. One whole cabinet of sprinkles. Priorities, right?
And, can I just say that I’ve typed SHUGAR (not SUGAR) twice now. It’s a problem I have. I know how to spell sugar, honest. As a reminder (I’m asked frequently) SHUGARY is a play off my last name. Which is fun and perfect for blogging….not so great when you need to write the word SUGAR and you want to stick an H in there every time! Ha.
As for these Sugar Brookies…they are obviously a combo of sugar cookies and brownies. And sprinkles, of course. You can use a boxed brownie mix for the bottom layer if you prefer, I enjoy this easy, one bowl from scratch recipe below. And they end up being so moist and fudgy.
Also, these are REALLY good on day 2. Dare I say I think they may even taste better! Crazy how that is sometimes, right!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
For the brownie layer:
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup melted, unsalted butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
For the cookie layer:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp sprinkles (optional)
- Line a 13x9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine brownie ingredients. Blend with a wooden spoon just until combined. Spread in bottom of baking dish.
- For the cookies, beat softened butter with sugar and vanilla until blended. Add egg and combine. Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix until fully combined. Fold in sprinkles.
- Drop by spoonful over brownie layer, trying to keep the cookie layer evenly spread.
- Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 25-28 minutes. Remove and cool completely. Cut and enjoy.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 5 days.
Looking for more BROOKIES?
The original Chocolate Chip Brookies. A perfect recipe!
Peanut Butter Brookies. Of course a few Reese’s minis make everything even better!
Spooky Brookies: a fun twist with some Halloween Oreos and monster EYES. You can use regular Oreo cookies any time of year!’
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**