Roasted Corn Salad

by aimee @ shugarysweets on July 28, 2014

This Roasted Corn Salad recipe was given to me by a neighbor. I’ve made it 4 times in the past two weeks, it’s that good! The honey-lime dressing gives a touch of sweetness to the veggies!

Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!

Roasted Corn Salad with Honey Lime Dressing, tomatoes and avocado! One of our new favorites!

I love hanging out with our friends. It’s seriously where I get so many of my recipes. I’m often asked where I get inspiration, and I gotta be honest. My friends.

A couple weeks ago my friend Kari had this salad at one of our get togethers. When I googled the recipe the next day (because I forgot to write the ingredients down) it turns out there are about a thousand versions of this. I’ve yet to figure out where it FIRST came from. For now, just know this salad will knock your socks off.

Seriously. The roasted corn. The tomatoes. The avocados. And if those three ingredients aren’t enough to convince you to make this, the sweet honey lime dressing is awesome!

Roasted Corn Salad with Honey Lime Dressing, tomatoes and avocado! A new favorite recipe at our house!

Having made this several times in the past two weeks, I’ve got to tell you something. Roasting the corn is worth the extra step. I’ve made it with canned corn, frozen corn, and roasted corn. I prefer to eat it in this order: roasted, canned, frozen. In case you were wondering. I’m sure one of you was going to ask. Admit it.

Roasting the corn only takes a few minutes on the grill. You can definitely cook up a few extra ears of corn at dinner, freeze them for later to make this salad.

Now, I’m off to enjoy a few cocktails. Made with bananas and Bailey’s. Yeah, that recipe will be coming soon too!

Roasted Corn Salad with Honey Lime Dressing, tomatoes and avocado! A new favorite!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the     button on all my recipes!

Roasted Corn Salad

Yield: serves 6-8

Roasted corn salad with honey lime dressing!

• 4 ears fresh sweet corn
  • 1 avocado, diced
  • 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper

1. Remove husks from fresh sweet corn. Grill over high heat, turning frequently, until grill marks are even on entire ear of corn. About 4-5 minutes.
  2. Remove corn from cob with a knife. Add to a medium bowl. Combine with avocado and cherry tomatoes.
  3. In a small mason jar (or bowl, or cup) combine honey, lime, salt and pepper. Whisk until blended. Pour over salad. Best served immediately!

I love a good side dish recipe. Here are a few of my favorite go-to recipes:

loaded-potato-salad-1

Loaded Baked Potato Salad: easy to make, and a definite crowd pleaser!

strawberry-pecan-salad-1

Strawberry Pecan Salad with grilled chicken. We call this a healthy meal at our house! Take the chicken out and it’s just a delicious side salad!

copycat-panera-mac-and-cheese-2

Copycat Panera Mac and Cheese: one of my favorite, easy recipes to serve with any dinner. Made on the stovetop!

Baby June July 28, 2014 at 7:15 am

That looks wonderful! I love roasted corn, this salad sounds like a great summer side dish. :)
Baby June recently posted..Vegan baked French toast topped with maple blueberry crispMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets July 28, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Best part is it’s so easy to whip up :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Roasted Corn SaladMy Profile

Tom @ Raise Your Garden July 28, 2014 at 7:18 am

We have some great corn right now in Buffalo and this dish is a great way to utilize it! If you’ve made four times in the past two weeks it must be good I have to be make this!
Tom @ Raise Your Garden recently posted..Walnut Leaf TeaMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets July 28, 2014 at 12:33 pm

And now I wish I had more corn, because I would totally make another bowl. It’s that good.
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Roasted Corn SaladMy Profile

Cookbook Queen July 28, 2014 at 7:56 am

Perfect cook-out side dish!! So pretty.

Averie @ Averie Cooks July 28, 2014 at 7:58 am

I’d gobble this salad right up! Pinned! :)

Sues July 28, 2014 at 11:33 am

This looks so summery and refreshing. There’s seriously nothing like roasted corn in the summer!
Sues recently posted..Butterball Meat Lover’s Breakfast PizzaMy Profile

marcie July 28, 2014 at 11:50 am

I love corn salad, and I could eat this entire bowl! :)
marcie recently posted..Back to School $400 Cash Giveaway!My Profile

Krystle(Baking Beauty) July 28, 2014 at 11:19 pm

I love sweet corn. This looks like a new delicious way to enjoy it.
Krystle(Baking Beauty) recently posted..Watermelon Cake Tutorial + RecipeMy Profile

Jessica @ Stuck On Sweet July 29, 2014 at 8:42 am

This looks delicious Aimee! I love me some roasted corn and I love this recipe for lunch throughout the week!
Jessica @ Stuck On Sweet recently posted..Steak Sandwich with Creamy Horseradish SauceMy Profile

Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips July 29, 2014 at 9:41 am

Aimee, this would be a huge hit in my house!
Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips recently posted..Lime Cheesecake Parfaits – Guest Post from Life Tastes GoodMy Profile

Christie Daruwalla July 29, 2014 at 10:40 am

I love using fresh corn. This salad looks so delicious and light.
Christie Daruwalla recently posted..Lightened Mixed Berry Shortcake with Whipped Yogurt CreamMy Profile

Julia July 29, 2014 at 11:47 am

Love a good roasted corn salsa! Perfect for the grilling season!

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain July 29, 2014 at 4:17 pm

Corn, tomatoes, avocado, and that dressing…what’s not to love in this salad?! :D
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..Strawberry Oatmeal Breakfast BreadMy Profile

Marly July 29, 2014 at 7:13 pm

what a lovely summer salad!

Bintu @ Recipes From A Pantry August 1, 2014 at 3:20 am

Greetings via stumbled upon. I love roasted corn so I really like this salad. Will try it.
Bintu @ Recipes From A Pantry recently posted..Sesame Spinach SaladMy Profile

Lauren August 1, 2014 at 11:00 am

What a lovely salad for summer! It looks so light and refreshing….. yum!
Lauren recently posted..50 School Lunch Ideas {healthy & easy!}My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets August 2, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Thanks Lauren. That’s awfully sweet :)

David @ CookingChat August 3, 2014 at 9:09 am

Love the combination of flavors in this recipe! Very timely with local corn rolling in around here.
David @ CookingChat recently posted..Simple Pork and Bok Choy Stir-FryMy Profile