Glazed Blueberry Donut Muffins

Bite sized Blueberry Donut Muffins with a delicious vanilla glaze! And a sweet Happy Birthday to my daughter Alyssa!

Blueberry Donut Muffins with Vanilla Glaze: little bites of deliciousness!

My kids are getting old. Which means I’m getting old. My son turned 17 in November, and now my oldest daughter turns 15 today!

15!! Yikes, I remember when I was 15. Fortunately, she’s a good girl. She’s too busy with her swim team to have a life. Or is it the other way around? Her life is her swim team??

Either way, her busy swim team becomes my life. Ha! Dare I admit to you all that our youngest started swimming too, so this will be our life for a very long time! And I refuse to complain.

Blueberry Donut Muffins with Vanilla Glaze: little bites of deliciousness!

One thing my daughter is insistent upon, is blueberry muffins. If you’ve been reading this blog for any period of time, you may know about her strange addiction (or superstition) to eating blueberry muffins before her swim meets.

I think it started at her very first swim meet, she was almost 9yrs old and asked for a blueberry muffin from Panera before her early morning meet. I bought it, she swam amazing, and she has requested them ever since.

Many times I use this recipe for muffins….or this recipe to make muffin tops. But today, since it’s her birthday and all, I thought we would combine her love for muffins with her other love…donuts.

Blueberry Donut Muffins with Vanilla Glaze: little bites of deliciousness!

And, since she is always on the go, I decided to make these bite size and popable. They also needed a glaze. Just because. It’s a birthday after all. Enjoy!

Do YOU have any superstitions or good luck charms?

Blueberry Donut Muffins with Vanilla Glaze: little bites of deliciousness!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Glazed Blueberry Donut Muffins

Yield: 4-5 dozen

Sweet Blueberry Donut Muffins with a Vanilla glaze!

For the muffins:
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup milk (I use skim, no fat)
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries
  • For the glaze:
  • 2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 4-5 Tbsp milk

1. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar until fully combined, about 3 minutes. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add in vanilla, flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Add milk and combine completely. Fold in blueberries.
  2. Scoop a large tablespoon of batter into a mini muffin pan that has been generously greased. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for about 8-10 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
  3. For the glaze, whisk sugar with vanilla and milk until desired consistency. I like this glaze to be a bit thinner so it is more clear once it dries. Dip each muffin into the glaze, letting the excess glaze run down the sides of the muffin. Allow to set, about 15-20 minutes. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. ENJOY!

Let’s celebrate my daughter’s birthday! My kids always pick their birthday meals, so here are a few of my daughter’s favorite foods!

Peanut Butter Krispie Brownies: Alyssa loves chocolate and peanut butter, these brownies were a HUGE hit!

Nutella No Bake Cookies: my daughter is a Nutella lover! These are one of her favorite cookies!

Chicken Kisses: this is my daughter favorite dinner. Ever. She picks it almost every year!! ENJOY.

From scratch, Dark Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Frosting: Happy Birthday Alyssa!!

49 Responses to “Glazed Blueberry Donut Muffins”

1. posted Jan 7, 2014 at 8:18 am

Happy Birthday to Alyssa!! And a day off to boot!

2. posted Jan 7, 2014 at 8:36 am

Wishing Alyssa a Happy Birthday! Hmm, I might have to get myself some Panera muffins before volleyball tournaments … sounds delicious to me! :) These muffins are so pretty and that glaze looks finger lickin’ good!

3. posted Jan 7, 2014 at 9:19 am

These look so fun with the glaze on them. I don’t currently have any good luck charms, however I could make one to justify having bb muffins more :)

4. posted Jan 7, 2014 at 9:45 am

These are too cute and look so yummy! Happy birthday to your daughter! They grow too fast!! My oldest turns ten this year and I don’t even want to think of them becoming teens yet!!

• posted Jan 9, 2014 at 7:43 am

So far our teen years have been great! My kids are just so fun to be around :)

5. posted Jan 7, 2014 at 10:16 am

These look so good. I just made banana chocolate chip muffins for breakkfast this morning,I wish I would have looked sooner and I could have made these with the blueberries I have. I guess we can have muffins two mornings in a row..right? :)

6. posted Jan 7, 2014 at 11:03 am

These look so good as well as the muffin tops! Happy Birthday to your daughter!

7. posted Jan 7, 2014 at 11:13 am

Happy birthday to your daughter, Aimee, and these muffins look like a great way to celebrate — superstitions or not!

8. posted Jan 7, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Happy Birthday to your daughter!! These donut muffins look adorable and delish! Pinned!

9. posted Jan 7, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Happy Birthday Alyssa!!!! Blueberry muffins with a sweet glaze sounds like just the perfect breakfast to enjoy for a birthday morning or before a meet! Love the tradition she has of always having to have blueberry muffins! Now tell her to stop growing up because we aren’t old enough to have kids this big 😉

• posted Jan 9, 2014 at 7:41 am

I’ve told her several times this week to stop growing up. It’s not working. :(

10. posted Jan 7, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Swim team definitely becomes your life–I remember back when I did it ages ago and my weekends were always booked with meets. These muffins would definitely have made it easier to get up for those early morning meets though! I’m not terribly superstitious about anything, but whenever I take a test I always have to use a purple pencil (only the casing is purple, not the actual graphite) for good luck.

• posted Jan 9, 2014 at 7:40 am

Love the purple pencil!! And yes, swimming is definitely our life :)

11. posted Jan 7, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Awe so sweet! Happy Birthday to Alyssa! These blueberry muffins look delicious!

12. posted Jan 7, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Happy Birthday, Alyssa! I don’t blame her for attributing her good swimming with blueberry muffins — they are a powerfully delicious food, after all 😀 and I LOVE this mix between muffin & donut! Blueberry donuts are actually one of my favorite donut flavors, and my favorite by far at Krispy Kreme. Love them!!

As far as superstitions go, you’re talking to the queen! OCD is not kind when it comes to habits like this so I have a ton, but I do adopt the traditional don’t walk under ladders/if you break a mirror you’ll get bad luck for 7 yrs, etc.

• posted Jan 9, 2014 at 7:37 am

Oh, I just want to hug you and your superstitions!!

13. posted Jan 7, 2014 at 5:09 pm

Ahhh these muffins look so sinfully good in every single way. Pinning!

14. posted Jan 7, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Happy Birthday to her! I love that she has a muffin tradition. And I think you’re a saint for doing swim! :) These muffins are gorgeous too!

15. posted Jan 8, 2014 at 7:04 am

Happy Birthday Alyssa! Hope you had a great day :)

These donut muffins look extraordinary. Can’t wait to try them!

• posted Jan 9, 2014 at 7:32 am

Thanks!! She definitely enjoyed her day, and her muffins!

16. posted Jan 8, 2014 at 7:40 am

Happy Birthday to Alyssa! A perfect combo of donuts and muffins-genius! Pinning now!

17. posted Jan 8, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Happy Birthday to Alyssa! These muffin donuts look like the perfect way to celebrate!

18. posted Jan 8, 2014 at 3:20 pm

mmmmm blueberry muffins are the best! That glaze takes them over the top for sure. 😀

19. Laura
    posted Jan 8, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Happy Birthday!! Can frozen blueberries be used?

• posted Jan 9, 2014 at 7:29 am

Sure can! Keep them frozen until you toss them in the batter!

20. posted Jan 13, 2014 at 11:39 am

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! Oh, to be 15 again!
    These donut muffins look and sound like a delicious celebration treat!

• posted Jan 13, 2014 at 2:23 pm

It seems not that long ago that I was 15….sigh….

21. posted Jan 15, 2014 at 9:53 pm

Happy Birthday to Alyssa! You look WAY too young to have a 15 yo by the way :) Last year was our first year on swim team and I certainly didn’t realize how much of a time commitment it was but I really enjoyed it! And so did Reece :) We’ll see how Bryce does this year. These muffins are absolutely the perfect way to kick off any day – especially a birthday!

22. posted Jan 18, 2014 at 7:05 pm

Happy birthday to your girl! These look fantastic!

23. Julia
    posted Jan 20, 2014 at 7:25 pm

I’m making these now and see that milk is in the ingredient list, but not in the directions, for the muffins themselves. I will go ahead and add the milk. Just thought I would ask on here if I was supposed to, or not? :) Thanks! Oh, and made the chicken pot pie soup last night and it was a hit!

• Julia
      posted Jan 20, 2014 at 7:31 pm

After I added it I realized the answer was yes, to add it. :)

24. posted Jan 22, 2014 at 12:13 pm

Oh goodness, the glaze makes these that much more tempting :) definitely instilled a craving into me!

25. posted Jan 25, 2014 at 3:41 pm

That’s so nice that your muffins are her good luck charm! These sound so yummy – I will be trying these out soon!

• posted Jan 25, 2014 at 5:54 pm

Just a tad superstitious. But if it means I get to bake/eat blueberry muffins, I’m all over it :)

26. Pingback: Best Father's Day Breakfast Ideas - Henry Happened