Lemonade Beer with Cherry Rum

by aimee @ shugarysweets on June 16, 2011

Lemonade Beer with cherry rum: easy and refreshing! summer cocktails anyone?

Say what??? You heard me correctly. I wasn’t a believer either at first. I mean seriously, mix lemonade with beer? But, just because I’m not a believer doesn’t mean I won’t try something. At least once.

Lemonade Beer with cherry rum: easy and refreshing! summer cocktails anyone?

As you can see my recipe made a lot of this lovely beverage. Hubby and I enjoyed this immensely over the weekend while working in the yard. He isn’t a “girly” drink kind of guy either, and he thought this was very tasty and refreshing.

We have friends (Hi Greg and Kari) who always have the best drink recipes. I mean, the BEST. Their sangria recipes is to DIE for, but I’m not allowed to share it. I mean, the recipe. I was kindly given the recipe when we moved away from them as a gift, with strict orders to keep it quiet. So you won’t get that recipe from me, but enjoy this lemonade beer. Cause it’s good. And I said so. And it’s summer. Bottoms up!

Lemonade Beer with cherry rum: easy and refreshing! summer cocktails anyone?

Lemonade Beer with Cherry Rum

Rating: 51

Yield: serves 6

• 12 oz frozen lemonade concentrate
  • 2 cans of water
  • 1/4 cup Bacardi cherry rum
  • 2- 12oz bottles light beer
  • ice
  • lemons for garnish

1. In large pitcher, mix lemonade with water. Add rum and beer and serve over ice with a lemon wedge. Enjoy!

Ali June 16, 2011 at 11:33 am

Looks delicious Aimee.

People who refuse to share recipes make me go HULK SMASH! I don’t get it…what is there to lose by sharing a great recipe? I’ll just be over here in the corner with my crappy sangria pouting. :P

Aimee June 16, 2011 at 11:49 am

Ali- you crack me up! I can share the drink, not the recipe, so come on over and have some sangria :)
Aimee

Mo 'Betta June 16, 2011 at 11:53 am

I’m in love with this! I just had lemonade beer this past weekend (the store bought) and it was good – this sounds fabulous!

Aimee June 16, 2011 at 11:55 am

Mo- (can I call you that?) It’s easy to make and probably cheaper too :)

Mo 'Betta June 16, 2011 at 11:56 am

Oh yeah…new follower from It’s a Keeper!

Kari June 16, 2011 at 1:24 pm

We have to keep the recipe secret so we have something special to serve our friends when they come over! We spent a whole summer perfecting the recipe (before kids) so we are proud! And we did give Aimee the recipe as a going away present since she’d be all the way in Ohio….that’s something!
Thanks for the new recipe – totally want to try this – maybe this weekend!

Aimee June 16, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Let me know if you try the lemonade beer Kari- it is so good. If you like more of a kick, add more rum.

If you ever want to share your sangria recipe, you just holla’, and you can be a guest writer :)
Hope to see you soon!!

Sarah June 16, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Lemonade BEER?! Makin’ it ASAP! :D

. June 16, 2011 at 4:14 pm

this sounds yummy! and oh so easy to make! maybe ill whip up a pitcher…or two this weekend. thanks for sharing!

Jeff June 16, 2011 at 5:43 pm

If this tastes anything like Leunkugals (sp?) summer ale, it is probably awesome!

Marlee June 16, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Oh this looks so good! I’ll have to try it! Found you at the Thirsty Thursday’s blog hop and am glad I did! Am a happy new follower :).

Aimee June 16, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Sarah, it’s great!
Jeff- no idea, never tried it. But it is awesome!
Marlee- thanks for following, so glad you are here!

Dirt On The Rocks June 16, 2011 at 10:36 pm

this absolutely sounds fantastic and refreshing. i would definitely try this out after my 30 day diet.. i am down!

CentsLessDeals June 17, 2011 at 4:29 am

I can’t wait to try this! Would cherry vodka work just as well do you think? If so then I can make some up right now ;)

I found you from the blog hop and I now follow you via GFC. I would love it if you would follow me back :)

~JB

Kari June 19, 2011 at 11:14 pm

Aimee – I made it today for Father’s Day and we loved it – so did Greg’s parents. And I hate beer – was light and refreshing – very tasty! And easy to keep the ingredients on hand! Thanks!

Aimee June 19, 2011 at 11:28 pm

Kari- I’m glad you liked it! Next time I make it (later this week), I plan on adding some fruit to it…like marachino cherries and strawberries.

carolinaheartstrings June 20, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Wow does this sound fantastic. Just in time for 4th of July. Thanks for sharing this one.

Jen @ Domesticated Nomad June 21, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Hmmm. I just drank a really lemony beer the other day and thought it was okay. This is going even farther. I’ll have to give it a try, especially since I happen to have one of those little bitty bottles of Bacardi Cherry Rum sitting around.

Miranda June 27, 2011 at 9:45 pm

I love this. It’s just like my Summer Beer I posted a few weeks back – except yours is cherry flavored. YUMMY!

Jenn Erickson June 28, 2011 at 1:57 am

Wow, that sounds really refreshing and delicious! It’s making me thirsty just reading about it. Definitely going to have to make a pitcher or two this summer!

Sharing your post over on my Facebook page!

Jenn/Rook No. 17

Anonymous June 30, 2011 at 8:42 am

I think that if you insist on having a recipe that you won’t share that you should keep it a secret. Meaning don’t rub it in that you have a ‘perfect’ recipe that no one else can have. It’s like you are trying to have a “cool kids” club and only 3 people are getting in. Don’t talk about it if you really insist on being that way!

Marcy August 2, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Hi Aimee!
I love all your recipes. I found you thru Kari – went to High school with her. This lemonade beer is great. I doubled the rum because I wanted more cherry taste. Thanks for finding me my new favorite drink! :)

Aimee August 2, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Marcy-
Glad you enjoy it! We love it here too. Thanks for stopping by!
Aimee

AmyP. September 9, 2011 at 4:51 pm

I forgot and bought plain rum instead of cherry. Do you think it would work to just add a splash of Grenadine instead? Thanks!

Hayley July 5, 2012 at 2:55 pm

I SO WANT THIS RIGHT NOW. It’s only 8 am here, yeah, but it’s also crawling up to 90 DEGREES already and you can’t blame me for wanting something as delicious and refreshing as this! Yum!

Heather July 19, 2013 at 11:53 pm

Hello there!!

I really don’t like rum. Is there anything I could substitute? A flavour of vodka perhaps? I have some pomegranate vodka I haven’t opened yet. I suppose it’s worth a try! Thanks. H.

aimee @ shugarysweets July 20, 2013 at 1:18 am

Rum definitely has a unique flavor. While you can certainly use vodka, some of the beer taste may come through more. However, using a flavored vodka will help. Let me know what you think!!