Lemonade Beer with Cherry Rum

Lemonade Beer with cherry rum: easy and refreshing! summer cocktails anyone?

Say what??? You heard me correctly. I wasn’t a believer either at first. I mean seriously, mix lemonade with beer? But, just because I’m not a believer doesn’t mean I won’t try something. At least once.

Lemonade Beer with cherry rum: easy and refreshing! summer cocktails anyone?

As you can see my recipe made a lot of this lovely beverage. Hubby and I enjoyed this immensely over the weekend while working in the yard. He isn’t a “girly” drink kind of guy either, and he thought this was very tasty and refreshing.

We have friends (Hi Greg and Kari) who always have the best drink recipes. I mean, the BEST. Their sangria recipes is to DIE for, but I’m not allowed to share it. I mean, the recipe. I was kindly given the recipe when we moved away from them as a gift, with strict orders to keep it quiet. So you won’t get that recipe from me, but enjoy this lemonade beer. Cause it’s good. And I said so. And it’s summer. Bottoms up!

Lemonade Beer with cherry rum: easy and refreshing! summer cocktails anyone?

Lemonade Beer with Cherry Rum

Rating: 51

Yield: serves 6

• 12 oz frozen lemonade concentrate
  • 2 cans of water
  • 1/4 cup Bacardi cherry rum
  • 2- 12oz bottles light beer
  • ice
  • lemons for garnish

1. In large pitcher, mix lemonade with water. Add rum and beer and serve over ice with a lemon wedge. Enjoy!

28 Responses to “Lemonade Beer with Cherry Rum”

1. Ali
    posted Jun 16, 2011 at 11:33 am

Looks delicious Aimee.

People who refuse to share recipes make me go HULK SMASH! I don’t get it…what is there to lose by sharing a great recipe? I’ll just be over here in the corner with my crappy sangria pouting. 😛

2. posted Jun 16, 2011 at 11:49 am

Ali- you crack me up! I can share the drink, not the recipe, so come on over and have some sangria :)
    Aimee

3. posted Jun 16, 2011 at 11:53 am

I’m in love with this! I just had lemonade beer this past weekend (the store bought) and it was good – this sounds fabulous!

4. posted Jun 16, 2011 at 11:55 am

Mo- (can I call you that?) It’s easy to make and probably cheaper too :)

5. posted Jun 16, 2011 at 11:56 am

Oh yeah…new follower from It’s a Keeper!

6. posted Jun 16, 2011 at 1:24 pm

We have to keep the recipe secret so we have something special to serve our friends when they come over! We spent a whole summer perfecting the recipe (before kids) so we are proud! And we did give Aimee the recipe as a going away present since she’d be all the way in Ohio….that’s something!
    Thanks for the new recipe – totally want to try this – maybe this weekend!

7. posted Jun 16, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Let me know if you try the lemonade beer Kari- it is so good. If you like more of a kick, add more rum.

If you ever want to share your sangria recipe, you just holla’, and you can be a guest writer :)
    Hope to see you soon!!

8. posted Jun 16, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Lemonade BEER?! Makin’ it ASAP! 😀

9. .
    posted Jun 16, 2011 at 4:14 pm

this sounds yummy! and oh so easy to make! maybe ill whip up a pitcher…or two this weekend. thanks for sharing!

10. posted Jun 16, 2011 at 5:43 pm

If this tastes anything like Leunkugals (sp?) summer ale, it is probably awesome!

11. posted Jun 16, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Oh this looks so good! I’ll have to try it! Found you at the Thirsty Thursday’s blog hop and am glad I did! Am a happy new follower :).

12. posted Jun 16, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Sarah, it’s great!
    Jeff- no idea, never tried it. But it is awesome!
    Marlee- thanks for following, so glad you are here!

13. posted Jun 16, 2011 at 10:36 pm

this absolutely sounds fantastic and refreshing. i would definitely try this out after my 30 day diet.. i am down!

14. posted Jun 17, 2011 at 4:29 am

I can’t wait to try this! Would cherry vodka work just as well do you think? If so then I can make some up right now 😉

I found you from the blog hop and I now follow you via GFC. I would love it if you would follow me back :)

~JB

15. posted Jun 19, 2011 at 11:14 pm

Aimee – I made it today for Father’s Day and we loved it – so did Greg’s parents. And I hate beer – was light and refreshing – very tasty! And easy to keep the ingredients on hand! Thanks!

16. posted Jun 19, 2011 at 11:28 pm

Kari- I’m glad you liked it! Next time I make it (later this week), I plan on adding some fruit to it…like marachino cherries and strawberries.

17. posted Jun 20, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Wow does this sound fantastic. Just in time for 4th of July. Thanks for sharing this one.

18. posted Jun 21, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Hmmm. I just drank a really lemony beer the other day and thought it was okay. This is going even farther. I’ll have to give it a try, especially since I happen to have one of those little bitty bottles of Bacardi Cherry Rum sitting around.

19. posted Jun 27, 2011 at 9:45 pm

I love this. It’s just like my Summer Beer I posted a few weeks back – except yours is cherry flavored. YUMMY!

20. posted Jun 28, 2011 at 1:57 am

Wow, that sounds really refreshing and delicious! It’s making me thirsty just reading about it. Definitely going to have to make a pitcher or two this summer!

Sharing your post over on my Facebook page!

Jenn/Rook No. 17

21. Anonymous
    posted Jun 30, 2011 at 8:42 am

I think that if you insist on having a recipe that you won’t share that you should keep it a secret. Meaning don’t rub it in that you have a ‘perfect’ recipe that no one else can have. It’s like you are trying to have a “cool kids” club and only 3 people are getting in. Don’t talk about it if you really insist on being that way!

22. Marcy
    posted Aug 2, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Hi Aimee!
    I love all your recipes. I found you thru Kari – went to High school with her. This lemonade beer is great. I doubled the rum because I wanted more cherry taste. Thanks for finding me my new favorite drink! :)

23. posted Aug 2, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Marcy-
    Glad you enjoy it! We love it here too. Thanks for stopping by!
    Aimee

24. posted Sep 9, 2011 at 4:51 pm

I forgot and bought plain rum instead of cherry. Do you think it would work to just add a splash of Grenadine instead? Thanks!

25. posted Jul 5, 2012 at 2:55 pm

I SO WANT THIS RIGHT NOW. It’s only 8 am here, yeah, but it’s also crawling up to 90 DEGREES already and you can’t blame me for wanting something as delicious and refreshing as this! Yum!

26. Heather
    posted Jul 19, 2013 at 11:53 pm

Hello there!!

I really don’t like rum. Is there anything I could substitute? A flavour of vodka perhaps? I have some pomegranate vodka I haven’t opened yet. I suppose it’s worth a try! Thanks. H.

• posted Jul 20, 2013 at 1:18 am

Rum definitely has a unique flavor. While you can certainly use vodka, some of the beer taste may come through more. However, using a flavored vodka will help. Let me know what you think!!

27. Pingback: Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars - Shugary Sweets