Whopper Cookie Bars
So these bars are over the top delicious.
Sometimes I post recipes that are great. And then sometimes there is a recipe that is PHENOMENAL. This is that kind of recipe.
Making a cookie base with malted milk powder (the original flavor stuff) adds a nice chewy base. Then top it with incredible fudge.
Oh, and you might as well add a box of chopped Whoppers too. (or save this recipe for after Halloween when you get all those goofy little packages of whoppers)!
After these bars set, some of the whoppers that are set deep in the fudge lose their crispiness. While you might think that is a bad thing….it’s so NOT bad at all. In fact, it enhances the chewy fudgy cookie!
TRY THEM. K?
Like these Whopper Cookie Bars? Then you should check out these similar recipes….
Whopper Cookies- crush your whoppers extra fine to give a chewy texture to these cookies, but also add in some lightly chopped whoppers for flavor! So good.
Chubby Hubby Bars- Malted cookie base topped with fudge, chocolate covered pretzels, and peanut butter.
for more fabulous ideas!
Malted cookie bar base topped with a thick chocolate malt fudge layer and topped with Whopper candies! ENJOY!
For the Cookie Base:
- 3/4 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 2Tbsp skim milk
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup malted milk powder (Original, not chocolate)
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
For the Topping:
- 12oz pkg milk chocolate morsels
- 1 can ((14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Ovaltine chocolate malt powder
- 12oz box Whoppers, slightly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, beat crisco, milk and brown sugar until combined. Add egg and beat until fully combined. Slowly beat in malted milk powder, flour, salt and baking soda.
- Press cookie dough into a large baking sheet with one inch sides. I used a 15 1/2 x 10inch pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes until browned. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, in large sauce pan, heat sweetened condensed milk over low heat. Add in milk chocolate and heat until smooth, whisking constantly. Remove from heat and whisk in ovaltine powder. Pour into prepared cookie crust.
- Pour whoppers into a large ziploc bag. Lay bag on a cutting board and whack it 2-3 times with a frying pan. Don’t pulverize the whoppers, and it’s okay if some are still whole. Press whoppers into fudge layer.
- Refrigerate cookies for 2 hours or overnight. Cut into squares. ENJOY!
Copyright Shugary Sweets 2011-2015
Leave a Comment