These Flourless Chocolate Cookies are a chewy cookie with a crunchy topping! You’ll love the rich chocolate flavor in a unique cookie! Move over Starbucks, we’ve got a copycat recipe on our hands!
School is in session, that means it’s time to bake cookies!! I try real hard to make a fresh batch of cookies each week, so that my kids have them for lunches and after school snacks.
Unfortunately, today’s recipe failed. And by failed I mean, we ate them all in the first two days they didn’t last the week!
Flourless Chocolate Cookies are nothing new on the internet. However, I assumed they were just normal, regular cookies. Until I finally saw Liz share her recipe and I actually READ it. It’s like a meringue cookie?
Boom. Sold. I love MERINGUES.
The difference though with today’s meringue cookie is it is way LESS work. No beating egg whites, No piping onto parchment paper. No low and slow cooking. No time to let it set in the closed oven.
Today’s Flourless Chocolate Cookies are ready to eat immediately, and just one bowl to whip it all together. Ironically, after making these, someone told me “These cookies taste just like the ones at Starbucks!!!”
Umm, clearly I have been living under a rock and have never seen them there….but then again, I’m too busy ordering my coffee and lemon loaf to even let my eyes wander. So there’s that.
Pair this chocolate cookie with a cup of Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew coffee. So good.
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
These Flourless Chocolate Cookies are a chewy cookie with a crunchy topping! You'll love the rich chocolate flavor in a unique cookie! Move over Starbucks, we've got a copycat recipe on our hands!
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder (I love using this one)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 4 egg whites (no need to beat them)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar, cocoa powder, salt, egg whites and vanilla. Stir until mixture comes together. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a 2 Tbsp cookie scoop, drop by tablespoons onto a prepared baking sheet. Be sure to leave several inches between cookies as these will SPREAD!
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, keeping your eye on them closely. They will begin to puff up and become slightly cracked and glossy. THAT is when you want to remove them from the oven for best flavor! Mine took 12 minutes, but the original recipe was for 15 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool about 5 minutes on the pan, then use a metal spatula to remove them to a wire rack to cool completely. They will stick to the parchment paper if you allow them to cool too long.
- Store in an airtight container for about 3 days for best flavor! ENJOY!
Love today’s COPYCAT recipe? Here are a few of my favorite copycats….
Copycat Starbucks Lemon Loaf: as delicious as it looks, and freezes well too!
Copycat Hostess Cupcakes: no words, except OMG YUM. Those words count.
Copycat Panera Mac and Cheese: so good and flavorful, this is a regular side dish at our house!
If you love today’s COPYCAT recipe…here are a few recipes from my friends:
- Olive Garden’s Pasta E Fagioli Soup from Eazy Peazy Mealz
- Strawberry Pop Tarts from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Girl Scout Tagalongs from TidyMom
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls from Noshing with the Nolands
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**