Halloween Fudge Ring

by aimee @ shugarysweets on October 5, 2013

Super simple, yet impressive looking Halloween Fudge Ring. Made with milk chocolate morsels, butterscotch morsels, Oreos, candy corn and White Chocolate Candy Corn m&m’s. You can change it up using any candy on hand! Great use for those leftover Halloween candies.

Halloween Fudge Ring: easy fudge with Oreos, candy corn and more! Perfect for a fall treat.

Well friends. It’s here. The month of October. The month when this mom becomes paranoid about what costume my girls will want to wear.

I don’t hate Halloween (yes I do). Let me try again, I don’t hate EVERYTHING about Halloween. I just hate the costume part.

I can bake for my kid’s parties. I can create some delicious stews and dinners for the night. But I am not crafty when it comes to costumes.

I can’t sew. Yet, I also hate the store bought stuff. I try to encourage my girls to come up with an idea with items from their closets (mummy’s, old lady, hippie, etc…). This year, I’m thinking they are old enough to make their own costumes, right? 9 and 11? UGH. I seriously get the sweats just thinking about costume time.

Have I mentioned before that they tend to change their mind about 5 times before the actual date? I would say thank goodness for Pinterest, however my replica would end up being one those “nailed it” jokes. Let’s hope they choose something simple. Like a zombie. Or a cat.

Anyways, if you have any great suggestions that I can implant into their brains (without saying they are my idea of course, because then they would never say yes), let me know!

What I can do?

Fudge.

I saw this Fudge Ring in my Christmas with Southern Living cookbook from 2007. It’s been that many years since I’ve wanted to try this recipe.

It turned out super simple. I lined my springform pan with foil. I also used the empty condensed milk can and lined that with foil. I used some softened butter and “schmeared” it all over the foil.

You can totally change up the flavor of this Fudge Ring by using different candies. I used the Halloween Oreos, candy corn and m&m candy corn. Some other great ideas would be to substitute the Oreos for Nutter Butters, substitute the butterscotch morsels for peanut butter morsels, and add in some Reese’s. Oooh, actually, I think I may try that (don’t take my idea, haha)!!! You can also just use whatever leftover candy in the trick or treat bags (not that anything is considered leftover in my house).

Connect with Shugary Sweets!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Halloween Fudge Ring

Rating: 51

Prep Time: 3 hours

Yield: 2 lb.

• 12oz milk chocolate morsels
  • 1 cup butterscotch morsels
  • 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
  • 5 Oreo cookies, crushed
  • 1 cup candy corn
  • 1/2 cup White Chocolate Candy Corn m&m candies

1. Prepare your pan by lining a springform pan with foil. Wrap foil around your empty sweetened condensed milk can too. Using a tablespoon of softened butter, grease the foil. Set pans aside.
  2. In a small saucepan, heat milk chocolate, butterscotch and sweetened condensed milk over medium heat until all the morsels are melted. Stir constantly until smooth. Remove from heat.
  3. Fold in crushed cookies and candy corn. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle immediately with m&m's. Cover with foil and chill until firm, about 3 hours.
  4. To unmold, loosen latch on springform pan. Remove entire piece of foil. Remove can from center. Cut fudge into slices or bites. Store in refrigerator in a covered container for up to two weeks. ENJOY.

Averie @ Averie Cooks October 6, 2013 at 2:36 am

Fun idea, Aimee! And I want to try those M&Ms, like right now!
Averie @ Averie Cooks recently posted..September 2013 RecipesMy Profile

Des October 6, 2013 at 3:07 am

What a fun Halloween dessert!!
Des recently posted..Blistered Shishito Peppers with Sriracha Cream SauceMy Profile

Rochelle @ Oh So Sweet Baker October 6, 2013 at 3:20 am

I love the colour is this fudge. Ps. I hate Halloween too
Rochelle @ Oh So Sweet Baker recently posted..Double Chocolate Caramel Popcorn CookiesMy Profile

jann jones October 6, 2013 at 3:48 am

Samhain, Halloween, is my holiday! Being a Pagan witch, I love it! And I (half) jokingly say my goal is to be the crazy cat woman down the street.. one of the girls could dress in a feline style, and tow a childswagon with cats, stuffies, in it.. Cat lady! Trick or treat, noms for my babies? If one does, please post pics!

Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life October 6, 2013 at 12:53 pm

A fudge ring, how cool is that? Other than the mini candy bars, I am not a huge fan of Halloween. Too many witches and devils … not my cup of tea. But fudge rings? Full of Halloween candies? Definitely my cup of tea! … or ring of fudge …. never mind. ;) This looks delicious and I love the different shape!
Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life recently posted..Copycat Pumpkin Spice LatteMy Profile

Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen October 6, 2013 at 1:09 pm

I love all things Spooktober!!! Mostly now I love this Fudge!!!
Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen recently posted..Caramel Apple Cinnamon RollsMy Profile

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com October 6, 2013 at 2:12 pm

So colorful and fun! Perfect for Halloween :D
Kiran @ KiranTarun.com recently posted..Eggless Banana Coconut Cream LoafMy Profile

Julia | JuliasAlbum.com October 6, 2013 at 3:15 pm

I can’t believe we’re almost into Halloween season! Time flies. What a delicious ring you made!
Julia | JuliasAlbum.com recently posted..Apple banana muffins with pecans and dulce de leche drizzleMy Profile

Marcie@Flavorthemoments October 6, 2013 at 4:48 pm

This fudge really sounds delicious with the butterscotch and Oreo cookies! Costumes — ugh. I want nothing to do with any of that business. I only stick to the food!
Marcie@Flavorthemoments recently posted..Cooking School Week 1My Profile

SJK October 6, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Costume ideas: how about a favorite movie character? My daughter dressed up as Katniss from the Hunger Games for school dress up days. Black jeans, black t-shirt, hair in a ponytail, and carried a bow & a quiver of arrows. (& she won the contest, because she has a pretty good resemblance to the actress, anyway!) :) Maybe your kids can enjoy ‘being’ their favorite character for the night.

Julie @ Julie's Eats & Treats October 6, 2013 at 5:35 pm

I’m with you on the I hate Halloween because I’m not creative and I can’t come up with an original costume ideas!!! Good thing we can make sweet treats like this amazing fudge!
Julie @ Julie’s Eats & Treats recently posted..Cordon Bleu Bubble UpMy Profile

Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent October 6, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Wow I’ve never seen a fudge ring! Costumes are so hard. I can never find anything I like that is quite right :(
Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent recently posted..Corn ChowderMy Profile

Eva @ Eva Bakes October 7, 2013 at 10:08 am

What a great way to clean up (er, use up) any candy that is leftover from Halloween! Or Easter… not that I’m speaking from experience, of course. :)
Eva @ Eva Bakes recently posted..Easy peanut butter fudge and a giveawayMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets October 7, 2013 at 1:27 pm

yes! Exactly. So many choices…

Karly October 7, 2013 at 11:20 am

I totally just go to the store and buy the kids a costume. I do stand around and shout “Too short! Not enough fabric! How old do you even think you are?” over and over again, but that’s totally better than me trying to sew.

Love this fudge ring!
Karly recently posted..Salsa Verde Pulled Pork (Slow Cooker Recipe!)My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets October 7, 2013 at 1:27 pm

I’m thinking we may do this…

Abbie October 7, 2013 at 4:18 pm

this is such a creative idea! I love how you did it in a bundt pan for a ring, instead of a round pan. that makes it literally easier than pie, I think. haha.
I hate halloween, too. therefore I refuse to capitalize it.
Abbie recently posted..apple spice quinoa and almond granola.My Profile

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain October 7, 2013 at 5:34 pm

I am not sure of this “leftover candy” of which you speak, but I am all for fudge filled with candy! This looks like a delicious Halloween treat and so versatile (Xmas wreath version in December maybe?!) Good luck on the costume-front!
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..Coconut Curried Cauliflower SoupMy Profile

Trish - Mom On Timeout October 8, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Oh the trouble I could get into with this Aimee! It looks fabulous!
Trish – Mom On Timeout recently posted..Pumpkin Pie SnickerdoodlesMy Profile

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life October 8, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Leftover Oreos and candy? That happens? LOL! This is such a fun idea to change up fudge! I love the fun colors that are peeking out of it!!!
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Caramel Pumpkin Spice PopcornMy Profile

Nutmeg Nanny October 8, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Oh my, this recipe is dangerous :) yum!!
Nutmeg Nanny recently posted..Cuban SandwichMy Profile

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust October 8, 2013 at 9:52 pm

I got so lucky this year. Jordan got a used HS dance uniform at camp – and she’s wearing it. SO easy, phew!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Over 80 Delicious Coconut Desserts!My Profile

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) October 9, 2013 at 9:49 pm

This looks SO yummy and I love that the fudge is a ring! So cute!
Kayle (The Cooking Actress) recently posted..Roasted Skillet PotatoesMy Profile

Crystal October 10, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Yum! I love the oreos and candy corn M&M’s inside. And the ring shape? Such a fun idea, Aimee!
Crystal recently posted..Cream Cheese Pumpkin BreadMy Profile

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor October 12, 2013 at 11:59 pm

I’m so glad to know I’m not the only non-Halloweenie out there! But this fudge ring looks FANTASTIC. I have every Southern Living cookbook…I collect them like a hoarder! This makes me want to browse through them! :)

Kristen Duke October 13, 2013 at 11:23 pm

This fudge ring sounds yummy! I love that you can mix it up with different candies and colors for the different holidays!
Kristen Duke recently posted..Family Holiday CardMy Profile

Maz November 2, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Any chance I could swap out the “butterscotch morsels” for more chocolate? We don’t have them (or anything like them, as far as I know) here in New Zealand.

aimee @ shugarysweets November 3, 2014 at 7:35 am