Chewy Peanut Butter Krispie treats topped with Candy Corn, Peanuts, and Reese’s Pieces. This adaption of everyone’s favorite childhood treat is here just in time for Halloween!
Fun Rice Krispie Treat Recipe
If I’m known for one thing, I hope it’ll be my devotion to creating the perfect Perfect Rice Krispie Treats Recipes.
These seasonal rice krispies are inspired by the one of my favorite candy bars: Paydays! Anyone else LOVE Payday Candy bars?
The salty peanuts with the chewy marshmallow krispie treats alone is rewarding. But then you add on some candy corn, peanuts and Reese’s pieces, and this is definitely a PayDay dessert!
Need to know how to make Rice Krispie Treats? I’ve got all the tips and tricks for success, plus dozens of ideas!
- Rice cereal – Use puffed rice cereal or substitute other cereals like rice chex or cheerios to mix things up.
- Marshmallows – A combo of both mini and full sized marshmallows makes these extra delicious. You melt the big ones in with the cereal while the mini ones get folded in whole for extra chewiness. Tip: Use FRESH marshmallows for best results.
- Peanuts and peanut butter – Dry roasted peanuts are my preference for the topping! For the peanut butter, any creamy variety will work, though sweetened kinds will of course make your rice krispie treats sweeter than if you use natural unsweetened types.
- Candy topping – I used both candy corn and reese’s pieces on top of these treats!
Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1. Melt marshmallows and butter
In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add marshmallows and stir constantly over low heat until the marshmallows are totally melted.
STEP 2. Add cereal and peanut butter
Remove the marshmallow mixture from heat and quickly stir in the peanut butter. Add cereal and stir until combined. Fold in mini marshmallows.
STEP 3. Press into pan and top
Pour the peanut butter rice krispie mixture into a baking dish lined with parchment paper. Using the butter wrapper (or lightly buttered fingers), gently press the krispies into the pan.
Top the treats with melted peanut butter morsels. Sprinkle with candy, peanuts and candy corn, pressing lightly to make sure they stick to the peanut butter.
STEP 4. Set
Cover the pan with foil and let the krispie treats set at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
Lift the treats out of the pan in the parchment paper, remove the paper and then cut into squares. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Storing: Store your Peanut Butter Candy Corn Treats at room temperature in a tightly sealed container. They’ll keep about 2 – 3 days tasting fresh and chewy!
- Pressing bars: For soft, chewy bars be sure to NOT press the rice krispie mixture too hard when adding it to the pan. Use light pressure and make sure your fingers are lightly buttered or damp.
There are a few common mistakes that can lead to hard, tough Rice Krispie Treats. Make sure to use fresh cereal and marshmallows and keep the heat on low when adding the marshmallows to the butter.
Most importantly, do NOT press too too hard when spreading the treat mixture in the pan! The harder you press, the harder the bars will be.
Big NO! Chilling rice crispy treats will make them hard.
Another no. Some say they have good results with freezing rice krispie treats but I find freezing makes them taste stale and less than appealing.
More Fall Recipes
- PayDay Cookies
- Pumpkin Roll
- Payday Caramel Corn
- Pumpkin Bread
- 7 Layer Taco Dip– decorated for Halloween!
Peanut Butter Candy Corn Rice Krispies take two of my favorite foods–Payday bars and Rice Krispie Treats–and combine them in one unbelievable dessert bar.