Turkey Rice Krispie Treats

Easy to assemble Turkey Rice Krispie Treats decorated for Thanksgiving!

Turkey Rice Krispie Treats decorated for Thanksgiving! Easy dessert that kids can help make!

I’m honestly trying to do everything humanly possible to hold off going hog wild Christmas on all of you.

Let me just say. Prepare yourself. I’m about to throw red and green, peppermint and eggnog all over this blog, but before I do that I figure I need to make sure I pay due diligence to Thanksgiving.

And, since I’m not a “crafty” person, these Turkey Rice Krispie Treats were inspired by these, these, and this page.

You can change these up to fit YOUR needs. I just made a basic batch of rice krispie treats and pressed them into a 15×10 inch baking sheet. You can use already prepared ones too, if you want (although I must say homemade are way better tasting than store bought).

I used a 2 1/2inch round cookie cutter to make the circles, after the treats had set up. Feel free to use cocoa krispies to make some brown turkeys. Or use Indian corn to give a little more color to your birds. For the “face” I used a Ghirardelli chocolate melting wafers (have you tried these yet??? OMG). But you can use melted chocolate piped onto the treat or you can use an upside down Hershey Kiss, or even a Reese’s PB cup. I would have given my bird a red waddle, but can you believe I had no red candy in the house? Or red candy melts (I happened to use them earlier in the week for a Christmas treat coming soon…true story).

So, instead, my turkeys look like Elmo dressing up as a bird for Halloween. Right? You see it??

Doesn’t matter. Cause it’s a Rice Krispie Treat people. Only the best dessert on earth (yes, I truly believe that. Deep down I’m a 5yr old). These would be a great Fall treat to bring to school parties. Or Thanksgiving dessert tables!

Stay tuned…I’ve got some more Thanksgiving food coming this week. After that? Well, no promises, you may see a Santa sighting…

Looking for more Thanksgiving ideas? Check out my new “Let’s Give Thanks” Pinterest Board!

Are you ready for Christmas instead? I’ve got you covered with my “Christmas Holiday Cheer” Pinterest Board!

Turkey Rice Krispie Treats

Rating: 51

Yield: 12 turkeys

For the krispie treats:
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 10oz bag marshmallows
  • 5 cup Rice Krispies Cereal
  • For the turkeys:
  • 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels, melted
  • 12 chocolate wafers (or Hershey Kisses)
  • candy corn
  • candy eyes
  • orange m&m's

1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted, add marshmallows and stir continuously until melted. Remove from heat and quickly fold in the cereal, until completely coated.
  2. Press lightly into a buttered 13x9 baking sheet. Allow to set, about 30 minutes.
  3. Using a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter (or whatever desired size), cut circles into the krispie treat. Eat discards immediately.
  4. Using the melted semi-sweet chocolate, attach about 5 candy corn for feathers, one wafer for the face, two eyes and half of an orange m&m for the beak. Feel free to add a red candy (or pipe on red candy melts) for the waddle.
  5. ENJOY!

While planning your Thanksgiving menu, be sure to check out this great list of 65+ Thanksgiving Side Dishes!!

Thanksgiving-side-dishes

32 Responses to “Turkey Rice Krispie Treats”

1. posted Nov 10, 2013 at 8:37 pm

These are so cute! I’m looking forward to your Thanksgiving and Christmas treats :)

2. posted Nov 10, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Where can you get those candy “google eyes” ???

• posted Nov 10, 2013 at 9:11 pm

I can find them year round at Michael’s Stores, and sometimes at Target. You can also make your own with smarties and a mini chocolate chip!

• Eva D
        posted Nov 12, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Wilton carries them. I just bought mine in Walmart . Very cute. Aimee, what would you use to make the waddle? Would you just make it look “squiggly or what? ha haha..I just can’t picture it.

3. posted Nov 10, 2013 at 9:44 pm

I know, I’m trying to refrain myself from exploding mint and chocolate and eggnog all over the place. Who knows how long I’ll make it.. :) These guys are adorable!

4. posted Nov 10, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Shut up…these are adorable!!!
    I love them! So creative!

5. posted Nov 10, 2013 at 10:52 pm

These are absolutely darling, Aimee!

6. posted Nov 11, 2013 at 7:04 am

These guys are cracking me up with their eyes’s and elmo noses :-) SO fun and so cute!!!!

7. posted Nov 11, 2013 at 9:43 am

I haven’t allowed myself to start baking with peppermint because I know I wouldn’t be able to stop! I’m impressed with your self control:) Although I’m glad you shared this … what a fun recipe to do with kids! So cute, festive, and delicious!

8. posted Nov 11, 2013 at 10:03 am

these are both ADORABLE and tasty!!

9. posted Nov 11, 2013 at 10:42 am

Hah…these are ridiculously cute! And they’re Rice Krispy Treats…which only makes them better. Thanks for sharing!

10. posted Nov 11, 2013 at 11:38 am

These are super cute! Thanks for sharing :)

11. posted Nov 11, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Oh my gosh, these are positively adorable, Aimee!! So creative!

12. posted Nov 11, 2013 at 2:34 pm

These are awesome. What a great idea. Can wait what you come up with next but I am really looking forward to Christmas goodies though :-)

13. posted Nov 11, 2013 at 5:29 pm

I blame Starbucks: those red cups mean its time for eggnog-everything! Ugh. Only a few more weeks til it’s a Winter Wonderland. ;) These turkey treats are so cute though!

14. posted Nov 11, 2013 at 5:37 pm

I really like these! Cute.

15. posted Nov 11, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Um, SO. CUTE! Love these easy, adorable turkey desserts everyone’s been cooking up. Usually I am so stumped at how to make a turkey (which admittedly, is kind of an ugly animal) look cute! These totally fit that bill and then some :)

• posted Nov 12, 2013 at 7:29 am

Yes, turkeys are ugly animals. It’s a good thing we eat those birds! I don’t know why we insist to make adorable treats out of them, haha!!!

16. posted Nov 12, 2013 at 12:29 pm

turkeys, turkeys everywhere! We all have the same thing on our minds ;)

17. Tameka miller
    posted Nov 25, 2013 at 3:42 pm

18. Nicole
    posted Nov 25, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Making these tonight. I’m NOT a cook or baker, mind you – can you tell me how to get all the candy to stick together? I suspect the choc wafer and candy corns will stick to rice krispies, but how to get the eyes and m&M to stick to wafer?

19. posted Nov 27, 2013 at 10:00 am

I will try making this tonight!!

20. Pingback: 11 Cute and Kid-Friendly Treats for Fall - The Recipe Daily

21. Pingback: Fall Rice Krispies {Across the Web)

22. Pingback: 24 Adorable Fall-Themed Rice Krispie Treats | Sharing Interesting Stuff, Updates News & Free Tips

23. Bonnie
    posted Nov 5, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Are these sturdy enough to stand on a candy stick like a kick pop? I would love to use for an upcoming bake sale but thought they would be easier for people to pick up if they were on a stick wrapped in celophane bag with tie??

• posted Nov 5, 2014 at 6:34 pm

I’m not sure Bonnie, I haven’t tried putting them on a stick. The turkey faces and feathers might be too heavy. But you would wrap in cellophane without the stick.

24. Pingback: Friday Favorites: Thanksgiving Treats |

25. Pingback: 30 adorable Thanksgiving desserts | Chickabug

26. Pingback: Turkey Desserts – Thanksgiving Crafts – ALL YOU | Deals, coupons, savings, sweepstakes and more…

27. Pingback: Community Post: 24 Adorable Fall-Themed Rice Krispie Treats | Ufo

28. Pingback: Community Post: 24 Adorable Fall-Themed Rice Krispie Treats — Graduate With No Debt