Pimento Cheese Dip

by aimee @ shugarysweets on July 7, 2014

I am so thankful for all the wonderful friends I have made blogging. Today, my friends Lisa and Anna from Garnish with Lemon are here to share a delicious snack: Pimento Cheese Dip. Be sure to give them a great big welcome, they are doing me a huge favor by guest posting today while I work on unpacking boxes in my new house! Thanks ladies!

Pimento Cheese Dip: you're going to want to make TWO bowls of this delicious snack! #appetizer

Hello Shugary Sweets fans! My name is Lisa and I blog with my friend, Anna, over at Garnish with Lemon. We have been longtime fans of Shugary Sweets, and I was so excited to finally meet Aimee on a dairy farm tour last fall. (Anytime you wear plastic hairnets together, friendships are formed fast!) We are delighted to be guest posting here today while Aimee moves and gets to work unpacking all of those boxes. Hopefully her family can get settled quickly and on with their new adventure in Chicago!

Since I may be a new face to many of you, I need to preface this post by saying I am a huge fan of appetizers, especially ones involving cheese. My husband and I visited friends in Atlanta over Memorial Day weekend, and Pimento Cheese Dip was on every menu of every restaurant we visited. Of course I was intrigued by something that seemed to be such a cultural staple and needed to recreate it at home. And this Pimento Cheese Dip is the perfect snack for, well, pretty much any time.

Filled with pimentos (obviously), cheddar cheese, protein-rich Greek yogurt and a hint of pepper jack, this dip is flavorful, smoky and finished with just a bit of heat. But best of all, this Pimento Cheese Dip takes only 10 minutes to make and keeps in the fridge for a couple of weeks, making it the perfect summer snack to pull out whenever you need it.

Serve it up with some sliced cukes, baby carrots or toasted pitas for a simple but tasty appetizer. Food always tastes better when eaten without utensils. Fact.

Follow us to see all of our recipes!

Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Google+

Pimento Cheese Dip

Yield: serves 8

• 1- 8 oz block extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 3 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded
  • 1- 4 oz jar of pimentos, drained
  • 3 oz. cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup greek yogurt
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • pinch of cayenne pepper

1. Place all ingredients in a food processor until mix well combined. Serve with toasted pita triangles or sliced vegetables.
  2. Keeps in refrigerator for 2 weeks.

Notes

**RECIPE from Garnish with Lemon

Check out some of our other favorite warm weather appetizers:

Tomatillo Salsa: 5 ingredients and a blender. Need I say more?

Salsa-2-of-2

Avocado Feta Salsa: Always a crowd pleaser.

Avocado-Feta-Salsa-1-of-2

Greek Salad Skewers: Greek Salad on a stick. Delicious and easy.

Greek-Salad-Skewers

Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus: The secret to creamy hummus revealed.

Cilantro-Jalapeno-Hummus-1

Cookbook Queen July 7, 2014 at 8:26 am

Pimento cheese is a staple down here in the south — LOVE this!!
Cookbook Queen recently posted..Pudding Pop MilkshakeMy Profile

shelly (cookies and cups) July 7, 2014 at 9:26 am

I LOVE Pimento Cheese…it’s not a big thing up here in NJ…but I grew up eating it in Texas! I need to make some of my own!!
shelly (cookies and cups) recently posted..Peanut Butter Pretzel MilkshakeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets July 8, 2014 at 9:23 am

I’ve never known about it until a few years ago, I was visiting a friend and she was raving about it! I understand why now :)

Averie @ Averie Cooks July 7, 2014 at 12:39 pm

I looooove pimento cheese dip! This looks like a total winner! pinned :)

Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon July 7, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Thanks for having us, Amy! I’m so happy to be able to help out a friend :) Happy unpacking!
Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon recently posted..Pimento Cheese DipMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets July 8, 2014 at 9:22 am

Thank YOU for sharing :) You girls are the best!

Sues July 7, 2014 at 11:11 pm

I so never think about pimento cheese until I’m in a restaurant that serves it in some form and then I’m all “why don’t I eat this more often?!”

This looks so delicious!!
Sues recently posted..Chocolate-Covered Pretzel and Caramel CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets July 8, 2014 at 9:22 am

Thanks Sues, I certainly don’t eat enough of it either!

DessertForTwo July 8, 2014 at 8:10 am

Pimento cheese flows through my veins! Love this!
DessertForTwo recently posted..Comment on Grilled Stone Fruit + Almond Mascarpone Dip by Samina | The Cupcake ConfessionMy Profile

kristy @ the wicked noodle July 8, 2014 at 8:51 am

Still can’t believe I’ve never tried this! I am vowing to make it asap! Looks delicious :)
kristy @ the wicked noodle recently posted..bacon, egg & crispy potato breakfast skillet {one-pan dish}My Profile

Christie - Food Done Light July 8, 2014 at 10:15 am

We had never had pimento cheese until we moved to Georgia a few years ago. Now we adore it. Can’t wait to make it ourselves now with this recipe.
Christie – Food Done Light recently posted..Slow Cooker Mu Shu Chicken TacosMy Profile

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction July 8, 2014 at 10:53 am

My husband is a big fan of dips like this! Perfect dip to have on hand for summer entertaining!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction recently posted..Lighter Sausage and Egg Breakfast CasseroleMy Profile

jamie | my baking addiction July 8, 2014 at 3:06 pm

I LOVE pimento cheese, but I haven’t had it in ages, now I can make my own!
jamie | my baking addiction recently posted..Blendtec Designer Series GiveawayMy Profile

tahnycooks July 8, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Favorite kind of dip right here!! This recipe looks Delish!
tahnycooks recently posted..“I Was Expecting All Along….” A Mothers Journey of AdoptionMy Profile

Candace Karu July 8, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Pimento cheese is a staple in our house. I love serving it as a dip, but I also use it to make grilled cheese or top my favorite burger hot off the grill with a dollop of it. Your recipe looks divine!

Krystle(Baking Beauty) July 9, 2014 at 10:44 pm

I love using pimento cheese on sandwiches. I just want to dive into this dip (with a few ritz crackers!)
Krystle(Baking Beauty) recently posted..Copycat Wendy’s Frosty RecipeMy Profile