Crunchy Roasted Sweet Potato Fries with a spicy kick! Don’t forget to pair this with a sweet and spicy Cinnamon dipping sauce! Easy to make and the perfect dinner side dish.
Why this Recipe Works
Say goodbye to frozen bags of fries. You’ll want to make these instead!
- Baked to perfection
- Seasoned with a savory blend of spices
- Served with a sweet cinnamon dip (you’ve GOT to try it)
Love sweet potatoes? Be sure to give our candied sweet potatoes a try next!
Here’s what you need to make oven baked sweet potato fries:
- Sweet potatoes– two extra large potatoes are perfect
- Olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Kosher Salt
- Garlic powder
For the cinnamon dip you need:
- Greek yogurt
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Prep the Potatoes. Slice sweet potatoes lengthwise (with skin on) into long strips. The smaller they are the sliced, the crispier they will cook. In a large bowl toss the sweet potato strips with olive oil and seasonings.
- Bake. Place on a large baking sheet in a single layer and roast in a 450 degree oven. Turn every 15 minutes. Mine cooked up crispy in 45 minutes.
- Dipping sauce. While the sweet potato fries are roasting, make the cinnamon dip. Make the dip by blending all the ingredients together until smooth and combined. Keep the dip in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
- Serve. When the fries are ready, serve them with a generous helping of the sweet and spicy cinnamon dip on the side! The hot crispy fries dipped in cool creamy sauce is irresistible.
Tips and Tricks
- Feel free to adjust the red pepper in the sweet potato fries recipe to your liking. The amount listed is enough to taste a nice zing in each bite, but not too much that children (or spice wimps) won’t eat it.
- If you like your fries extra crisp like me, roast a few minutes longer, so the edges are super browned! Adjust the baking time for your preference!
This is one side dish your whole family will love! Sweet potato fries with cinnamon dip would also make a great appetizer or party snack.
More Side Dishes
- Loaded Potato Salad – my favorite with all the fixings!
- Oven Baked Mashed Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Potato Salad
- Mashed Potatoes- Instant Pot
- Turkey Taco Potato Boats – delicious DINNER idea!