Crunchy Roasted Sweet Potato Fries with a spicy kick! Don’t forget to pair this with a sweet and spicy Cinnamon dipping sauce!
Sweet Potato Dipping Sauce
I did make one change to my homemade Cinnamon Dip. I’m pretty sure the restaurant used cream cheese in theirs.
My dip is a little lighter, since I used Greek Yogurt as the base. As much as I loved the cream cheese version, I am quite happy at keeping this recipe a bit on the healthy side!
With less saturated fat and a similar creamy texture, the Greek yogurt would beautifully. I didn’t miss the cream cheese one bit.
I also wanted a little spicy with my sweet, so I added a bit of red pepper to the sauce. It’s just the right amount of kick!
How to Make Sweet Potato Fries
Here’s what you need to make oven baked sweet potato fries:
- Sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Garlic powder
STEP 1. Slice sweet potatoes lengthwise (with skin on) into long strips. The smaller they are the sliced, the crispier they will cook. In a large bowl toss the sweet potato strips with olive oil and seasonings.
STEP 2. Place on a large baking sheet in a single layer and roast in a 450 degree oven. Turn every 15 minutes. Mine cooked up crispy in 45 minutes.
While the sweet potato fries are roasting, make the cinnamon dip.
For the cinnamon dip you need:
- Greek yogurt
- Powdered sugar
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
Make the dip by blending all the ingredients together until smooth and combined. Keep the dip in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
When the fries are ready, serve them with a generous helping of the sweet and spicy cinnamon dip on the side! The hot crispy fries dipped in cool creamy sauce is irresistible.
Tips and Tricks
- Feel free to adjust the red pepper in the sweet potato fries recipe to your liking. The amount listed is enough to taste a nice zing in each bite, but not too much that children (or spice wimps) won’t eat it.
- If you like your fries extra crisp like me, roast a few minutes longer, so the edges are super browned! Adjust the baking time for your preference!
This is one side dish your whole family will love! Sweet potato fries with cinnamon dip would also make a great appetizer or party snack.
More Side Dishes
- Loaded Potato Salad – my favorite with all the fixings!
- Oven Baked Mashed Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Potato Salad
- Mashed Potatoes- Instant Pot
- Turkey Taco Potato Boats – delicious DINNER idea!