Pistachio Cookies are made with a pistachio pudding mix for a super soft and pretty cookie that’s studded with loads of white chocolate chips. These easy cookies are always a hit!
Our chocolate chip pudding cookies were the inspiration for today’s recipe. Super soft and chewy, you’ll love the texture and flavor! Love pistachio? Give our reader favorite Pistachio cake a try next!
Why This Recipe is Best
Pistachio cookies are a festive green color and loaded with white chocolate chips. Such a fun and delicious cookie to enjoy around the holidays!
These cookies are also super easy to make and perfect for sharing with friends and family!
- This recipe uses a pistachio pudding mix to make quick and easy cookies that look beautiful and stay super soft!
- No need to chill the dough for these cookies! Just mix, drop and bake!
- These cookies are LOADED with white chocolate chips, with some mixed into the cookie batter and some pressed on top of each cookie to make them look extra special!
- Unsalted butter – I use unsalted butter for my baking needs. If you have salted butter, just omit the kosher salt in the recipe.
- Pistachio pudding mix – This is a box of instant jello pudding mix (a dry mix) that you’ll add to the cookie dough.
- Vanilla extract – Be sure to use PURE vanilla extract, not imitation. Check out our homemade vanilla extract for amazing flavor.
- White chocolate chips – You’ll need 1 1/2 bags of white chocolate chips to get the full 3 cups needed for this recipe. Two cups of the chips get folded into the cookie dough and the remaining cup is used to press extra white chocolate chips on top of each cookie.
- Flour- use our tips and tricks on how to measure flour so that you don’t end up with dry cookies!
STEP 1. Combine the wet ingredients. Beat the butter with the brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in the pudding mix, eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
STEP 2. Add the dry ingredients. Slowly add in the flour, baking soda and salt. Fold 2 cups of the white chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
STEP 3. Drop cookies. Use a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop to drop cookie dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Press extra white chocolate chip morsels on top of each cookie.
STEP 4. Bake and cool. Bake the cookies at 350 degrees F for 12-14 minutes, until cookies appear cooked and white chocolate chips begin to brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Tips and Tricks
- Use a cookie scoop to measure about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough per cookie. And be sure to leave about 2 inches between cookies on your cookie sheet.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. This allows the cookies to slide right off when they are finished baking and it makes clean up a breeze!
- Don’t overbake the cookies! They are best when they are a little underbaked so they retain their softness.
- Pro tip for a perfectly round cookie: Immediately after taking the cookies out of the oven, use a glass or the ring of a canning lid to “scooch” in the edges and make a rounder cookie.
Pistachio pudding cookies, once completely cooled, can be stored in a covered container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Yes! Cookie dough may be scooped into balls and frozen, in a single layer, on a pan, then placed in a freezer bag and frozen for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, place frozen dough balls on a baking sheet, and bake 1 minute longer than the original directions.
The flavor of the white chocolate goes well with the pistachio flavors, but you could try substituting milk chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips in this recipe if you’d like.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Meringue Cookies
- Pecan Tassies
- Buckeye Brownie Cookies
- Kitchen Sink Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies