This Sloppy Joes Pickle and Cheese Pizza was a HUGE hit at our house! Even our pickiest eater enjoyed some of this pizza!
Love this recipe? Sign up for Shugary Sweets email subscription and never miss out again!
**Today’s post is part of an ongoing partnership with ACH Foods and Fleischmann’s® Yeast**
Do you make homemade pizza at your house, or do you call up a delivery service? (it’s ok to be honest, I don’t judge)!!
There are three different ranges of pizza night in my home:
- Delivery: this is a must when we just have no time to be in the kitchen, or when the kids are spreading us too thin from their sports but we need to eat
- English muffin pizza: spread a little sauce and cheese, bake, and enjoy. This happens when we are trying to clean out the pantry and fridge before grocery shopping!
- Homemade pizza crust: similar to today’s recipe, I love taking the time to make a delicious pizza dough and top it with our favorite toppings (usually cheese on one, sausage on the other)
Have you tried making homemade pizza dough? It’s not hard, I promise. And it’s so rewarding. Today’s recipe makes TWO 12 inch pizzas, which was the right amount for my family of 6.
Are you curious about the toppings on today’s “non traditional” pizza?
Yeah. I was too! When Fleischmann’s® Yeast sent over a few recipes to add my own twist to and share with my readers, it’s this one that caught my eye. I had no idea pickles on Sloppy Joes was a thing. Until I shared a picture on Instagram, and several of you said you LOVE pickles on Sloppy Joe sandwiches. Then I knew Fleischmann’s® was on to something.
I think YOU need to try this one too!
The original recipe came from the Fleischmann’s® Bread World website. I prefer to make my own seasoning recipes to control the salt and other flavors to my preference (like I did in this taco seasoning recipe) so I put my own spin on it by creating my own blend of Sloppy Joe mix.
Are Sloppy Joe toppings not your thing? That’s okay! The most important thing is getting a great crust and this recipe is out of this world! Check out more great pizza recipes on the Fleischmann’s website – breadworld.com or try a few of these great toppings ideas:
- Taco Pizza using this taco seasoning recipe on your ground beef or turkey. Add some shredded jack cheese and green chilies before baking. Once done, top with shredded lettuce, tomato, sour cream and guacamole!
- Supreme Pizza: top with cooked Italian sausage and pepperoni. Add diced onion, green pepper, mushroom and tomato sauce. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and bake!
- Dessert Pizza: spread your dough a little thinner to a 14 inch pizza (instead of the 12 inch). Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake. Once done baking, drizzle with a combo of powdered sugar and milk (whisk together until desired consistency). Oh yum guys.
Connect with Fleischmann’s® Yeast:
**I am part of the One2One Network and am working with ACH as a Baking Ambassador! While I have been compensated for this recipe post, all opinions about the product are 100% my own!**