Watermelon Slush

A quick, refreshing slush made using frozen watermelon, lime juice, and water!

Watermelon Slushie: freeze watermelon cubes and blend with lime juice for a refreshing slushie drink!

Sometimes summer just needs to slow down. I hate when we are so busy that the days just blur into each other!

This watermelon slush is a great way to keep summer going. We have enjoyed a few very fresh and ripe watermelons. Did you know you can freeze watermelon?

We lay our watermelon on a metal cookie sheet after cutting it into cubes (without the rind). Stick the tray in the freezer for an hour or so, then remove the frozen cubes and put them in a large ziploc freezer bag. These cubes are great for putting into your water or lemonade, instead of using ice cubes.

Or, stick your frozen cubes into a blender with some lime juice and water and enjoy a fresh slushie! No sugar needed for this drink. You can also add a splash of vodka to enjoy this slushie in an adult beverage!

So, if you’re kids are headed back to school and you want to keep the summer vibe going just a little longer, surprise them with a watermelon slush!

Watermelon Slush

Prep Time: 1 hour

Yield: 2 drinks

• 4 cup frozen watermelon cubes
  • 2 whole limes, juiced
  • 1/2-1 cup water

1. Cube watermelon and freeze on metal cookie sheet. Remove from cookie sheet and place in a ziploc freezer bag for storage in freezer. Remove 4 cups of watermelon cubes and place in blender. Add juice from 2 limes and about 1/2 cup water. Blend until desired consistency. Add more water if needed. Pour into two glasses and enjoy with a lime slice!

Add shot of vodka to make into an adult beverage.

I love a refreshing summer drink. These Nutella Coffee Milkshakes are easy to whip up, and SO good!

Want a fun watermelon treats? These cupcakes are not only adorable, but they taste amazing too!

watermelon cupcakes

Want some more fun recipes like this? Check these out….

Peanut butter Banana Coffee Milkshakes from Inside BruCrew Life

Watermelon Cooler from Dine & Dish

Watermelon on a Stick from Tidymom

35 Responses to “Watermelon Slush”

1. posted Aug 15, 2013 at 9:17 am

Watermelon is my absolute favorite way to celebrate summer…this is gorgeous!

• posted Aug 15, 2013 at 9:51 am

Thanks Cathy! To me, nothing says summer quite like watermelon!

2. posted Aug 15, 2013 at 12:14 pm

I have a bag full of frozen watermelon cubes in the freezer right now! So making this this afternoon, perfect for refreshing and cooling off!

3. posted Aug 15, 2013 at 12:29 pm

What a great idea! I so need to do this soon!

4. posted Aug 15, 2013 at 3:46 pm

My parents used to make fresh watermelon juice in the summertime (courtesy of our blender). I like that this is just a simple variation on that nostalgic beverage. The optional shot of liquor sounds like a must-have as well. :)

5. posted Aug 15, 2013 at 8:15 pm

This is just terrific. I have never had this, but certainly plan on giving it a try. YUM.

6. posted Aug 15, 2013 at 10:51 pm

Yum simple and refreshing, I would love the slush on a hot Summer day! Those cupcakes are adorable too.

7. posted Aug 16, 2013 at 12:41 am

Yummy! I love watermelon! Love your presentation!

8. Des
    posted Aug 16, 2013 at 1:01 am

I have not had nearly enough watermelon this summer. And now it’s almost over! Must try this soon!

9. posted Aug 16, 2013 at 2:07 am

This sounds so refreshing on a hot summer day. I love watermelon! Pinning!

10. posted Aug 16, 2013 at 9:38 am

YUM! This looks so delightful and delicious!!

11. posted Aug 16, 2013 at 11:10 am

Great idea! I like the pssible vodka addition 😉

12. posted Aug 16, 2013 at 11:14 am

This looks so fresh and easy! Love it! And I’ll all for prolonging summer as much as possible!

13. posted Aug 16, 2013 at 4:01 pm

This looks fabulous and so refreshing. I would love to have this right now. The pictures are so enticing :-)

14. posted Aug 16, 2013 at 4:15 pm

This is so simple and pretty! It looks super tasty, too. Pinning! 😀

15. posted Aug 16, 2013 at 5:38 pm

MMM this sounds incredibly refreshing!

16. posted Aug 28, 2013 at 10:41 pm

Oh yum! This drink looks ultra refreshing :)

17. Pingback: Drinks | Pearltrees

18. Pingback: 20 Watermelon Recipes for Summer - The Weary Chef

19. Pingback: Watermelon Slush | Home and Heart DIY

20. Pingback: Zomerse drankjes: 9x de lekkerste op een rij - Like & Love (it!)

21. Pingback: Foodies Network » Watermelon Slush

22. Jackie B
    posted May 27, 2014 at 10:40 pm

I made these yesterday for Memorial Day with fresh squeezed lemon… Yum! Must try I also added extra ice, must try!!!

23. sandi
    posted May 29, 2014 at 7:03 pm

just how much sugar is in watermelon? This slushy sounds amazing – especially with the lemons (thanks Jackie B) and the dash of booze – yum…

24. Pingback: Best Healthy Summer Drinks for Kids

25. Pingback: Watermeloen-recepten: 9x frisheid in de zomer - Like & Love it!

26. posted Jun 3, 2014 at 9:48 am

YUM!!! Pinned! I would love for you to share this at my Saturday Dishes Link Party this weekend! This week’s theme will be Mocktails & Kid-Friendly Drinks! Feel free to share other old or new posts that fit the theme as well if you have them! (:

27. Pingback: 5 Ridiculously Awesome Ways to Use WatermelonHealthy Living | Healthy Living

28. Pingback: 5 Ridiculously Awesome Ways to Use Watermelon | nWhy

29. Pingback: 5 Ridiculously Awesome Ways to Use Watermelon | Women Magazine News

30. Pingback: Top 10 Watermelon Treats