Sausage Tortellini Soup

Spicy Sausage with Cheesy Tortellini are the ultimate comfort food in this delicious soup! Grab a spoon and bowl tonight!

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’

Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup: easy to make comfort food!

This year I’ve decided to be more diligent in menu planning. It’s ironic actually that I spend so much of my day thinking about food, creating recipes, and grocery shopping…yet several times a week I draw a blank at dinner time.

Creating a weekly menu helps me stay on track. I love soups too, especially this time of year! So easy to whip up in usually under 30 minutes! Today’s recipe is packed with flavor. From the spicy sausage to the cheesy tortellini it won’t dissapoint! We served ours with a garden salad and some crusty french bread, it was a perfect meal!!

Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup: easy to make comfort food!

Feel free to adjust the heat by using a sweet Italian sausage instead of spicy Italian sausage. Either way it’s going to be delish.

Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup: easy to make comfort food!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the     button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!

Sausage Tortellini Soup

Yield: serves 6

Spicy sausage and cheesy tortellini combine in this ultimate comfort food soup!

• 1 lb Italian Sausage, casings removed (sweet, mild or hot)
  • 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped carrots
  • 32oz chicken broth
  • 4 cup water
  • 1 can (6oz) tomato paste
  • 2 cloves garlic, pressed
  • 2 tsp fresh basil, snipped
  • 1 lb cheese tortellini
  • 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese

1. Brown Italian Sausage in a large pot, breaking into small chunks (about 6-8 minutes). Drain and set aside.
  2. In same pot, melt butter. Saute onions and carrots with basil and garlic for several minutes. WHisk in tomato paste, broth and water. Heat about ten minutes on medium high heat.
  3. Add sausage and tortellini (fresh or frozen). Cook until tortellini is tender. Serve with fresh parmesan cheese. ENJOY!

Soup is one of my favorite comfort foods this time of year. Here are some of my most popular soup recipes….

Lasagna Soup: all the delicious taste of lasagna in an easy to make soup recipe!

Chicken Pot Pie Soup: one of our family favorites, don’t forget the delicious pie crust toppers!

Turkey Noodle Soup: feel free to use chicken or turkey, just make this soup ASAP, it’s mmm, mmmm good!!

Great dinner ideas for YOUR menu planning…

50+ healthy dinner and snack ideas

50+ Slow Cooker Dinner Ideas

15 Responses to “Sausage Tortellini Soup”

1. posted Jan 14, 2014 at 6:18 am

I use to be really good at getting a menu planned for the week, but I slacked off over the holidays. I need to get back on track. My goal is one trip the grocery store a week :)

2. posted Jan 14, 2014 at 7:15 am

We love sausage and tortellini soup at our house and your soup looks scrumptious, Aimee! Nope. Never menu planned in my life. We plan perhaps 2 to 3 days in advance at our house and buy fresh ingredients. Don’t really mind all the shopping. Thanks for sharing, girl. Pinned!

3. posted Jan 14, 2014 at 8:43 am

Sausage and tortellini will always be a win! Especially in a soup. Yum; it looks so good!

4. posted Jan 14, 2014 at 9:51 am

I need to be better about menu planning myself — life would be so much easier if I knew what I was making for dinner every night! As for the soup, if there’s sausage and tortellini in something, I’m definitely in. :)

5. posted Jan 14, 2014 at 1:04 pm

I am a HUGE menu planner! In fact, I have a white board that I write the weekly menu hubby likes knowing what he is going to be eating! This looks like it is going to be making it’s way up there soon! Sausage with tortellini?? Allll over that!

6. posted Jan 14, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Oh man meal planning has saved my life on numerous occasions. I’ll have to add this soup into the rotation this winter for sure! 😀

7. posted Jan 14, 2014 at 2:10 pm

I started menu planning right before the holidays and it seriously has taken the stress out of “what’s for dinner?” I need to add this to my list!

8. posted Jan 14, 2014 at 6:10 pm

Love soup and this looks amazing!

9. posted Jan 14, 2014 at 6:23 pm

Menu plans really, REALLY help me during the week too. This soup is definitely something my family will enjoy! Thanks for sharing Aimee!

10. posted Jan 15, 2014 at 3:59 pm

I like tortellini very much and I often buy or cook them by myself but I would never have thought that can be added into the soup! I think that it is an interesting idea and the soup will be thick and nourishing.

11. posted Jan 22, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Whoa this looks amazing! I love spicy sausage :) I can’t wait to whip this soup up!

12. posted Feb 17, 2014 at 6:10 pm

Made this for dinner last night. So good!! I made your barbacoa last weekend, tacos and lime rice, and I’m thinking I like your savory dishes more than the sweets. Loved both!!

• posted Feb 18, 2014 at 8:29 pm

Hey Shiloh, I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe. We’re having the barbacoa tomorrow!! My hubby loves the savory more than sweets too :)

13. Pingback: Foodies Network » Sausage Tortellini Soup