Malt Ball Fudge

by aimee @ shugarysweets on May 26, 2014

This Malt Ball Fudge recipe is filled with rich chocolate Ovaltine and chopped candy. Doesn’t get much better than this!

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’

Malt Ball Fudge: easy delicious fudge recipe with WHOPPERS and Ovaltine! YUM

So, good news! My house is sold. This next month is going to be crazy trying to find a new one (yeah, probably number one on our to-do list), packing, and getting, everything squared away to move (doctor records, kids schools, etc). If you follow me on INSTAGRAM you can see my crazy life behind the scenes!

I have to chuckle though, when people were looking at our house I wanted to be a fly on the wall when they opened my pantries. Yes, pantries, as in plural. We have a regular pantry in our kitchen that holds all of our canned goods, cereal, snacks. You know, the stuff most people put in a pantry. Then behind our kitchen we took a coat closet and turned it into a second pantry.

This one is for all my baking supplies. You know the 25lb bag of flour, 10 lb bags of sugar, powdered sugar, brown sugar. And the chocolate. I buy my chocolate chips by the case….so there is probably a dozen bags of white chocolate morsels, a dozen butterscotch, a dozen milk chocolate, a dozen semi sweet.

And the candy. This is what probably looks insane. BAGS and bags of candy. For every holiday. You know, as a food blogger I’m creating recipes already for fall comfort food and Christmas. #foodbloggerproblems
Malt Ball Fudge: make a pan of this easy, delicious fudge today!
In an effort to start thinning out my baking pantry, I’m trying to use up some of my supplies. And by supplies, I of course mean candy and chocolate.

Making fudge is so easy, and it’s the perfect treat to keep in the fridge year round!

I found a box of malted milk balls (WHOPPERS) in my pantry and immediately knew I wanted to make a Malt Ball Fudge recipe. In addition to the candy, I added some Rich Chocolate Ovaltine to the fudge (I sound like a commercial when I say that in my head). My kids love adding ovaltine to their milk, gives it a little extra vitamins vs chocolate syrup. So basically, I’m saying, this fudge has vitamins. You’re welcome!

I shared this recipe today over at Food Fanatic! Stop on over!!
Malt Ball Fudge: easy delicious fudge recipe with WHOPPERS and Ovaltine! Year round treat!

Mir May 26, 2014 at 7:57 pm

Oh, no. You used Ovaltine (a.k.a. my childhood obsession)! Now I have to make these. Darn it!
Congrats on selling the house! More adventures to come, right?
Mir recently posted..Cinnamon S’more BrowniesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 30, 2014 at 6:48 am

Many adventures to come!! And yes, ovaltine is pretty much the bomb!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Peanut Butter Cheesecake BarsMy Profile

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) May 26, 2014 at 10:21 pm

I’m so in love with this fudge flavor!!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) recently posted..Strawberry Ice Cream FloatMy Profile

Averie @ Averie Cooks May 27, 2014 at 12:02 am

I went through a malt/malt ball phase over the winter hardcore :) I was so into it! Seeing this makes me crave it again. Looks delish! Pinned

aimee @ shugarysweets May 30, 2014 at 6:49 am

I love your malt ball phase!! Thanks for pinning Averie!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Peanut Butter Cheesecake BarsMy Profile

Matt Robinson May 27, 2014 at 12:20 am

Malts balls are a huge treat for me, always have been. And now malt ball fudge? Heaven!

Julianne @ Beyond Frosting May 27, 2014 at 1:07 am

I love this Malt Ball fudge! As soon as I saw it on Instagram, I knew it would be a winner!
Julianne @ Beyond Frosting recently posted..BlogHer Food 14 – Miami RecapMy Profile

Chloe @ foodlikecake May 27, 2014 at 6:03 am

This looks so good :-) Pinned!!

DessertForTwo May 27, 2014 at 8:31 am

This sounds awesome!

If I was looking at someone’s house and they had 2 pantries, I would be like SOLD!!! And if they’re not bakers or cooks, I’m sure they’re inspired by your kitchen. Wanna know something creepy? The people we sold our last house to…they decorated it the EXACT same way we had it. We saw photos on Facebook. Creepy, right?! Don’t stalk your buyers, lol. she even had a tray of cookies in the kitchen! I’mma be worried if she starts a blog, too!

Anyway, congrats again on your house selling!
DessertForTwo recently posted..Comment on Lazy Girl Sangria by BruCrew LifeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 28, 2014 at 8:57 am

Oh my gosh, that is creepy!!

Melanie @ Carmel Moments May 27, 2014 at 9:32 am

Looks oh so good! My kids would have this gone in no time flat! Pinned.
Hope you had a fabulous weekend!
Melanie @ Carmel Moments recently posted..Comment on Strawberry Nutella Popsicles by Susan @ Oh My! CreativeMy Profile

marcie May 27, 2014 at 2:14 pm

Your baking pantry sounds like one for a commercial kitchen! haha Congrats on selling your house! This fudge sounds delicious with all that malt flavor, and I love that you used Ovaltine in it. :)
marcie recently posted..Salted Caramel Chocolate Dipped Coconut MacaroonsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 28, 2014 at 8:54 am

I know, it’s quite ridiculous! Hopefully my next kitchen has plenty of pantry space!

Jennie @themessybakerblog May 27, 2014 at 8:30 pm

I spotted this recipe on Pinterest and almost died. So much goodness! Pinned.

aimee @ shugarysweets May 28, 2014 at 8:54 am

Becky (So Very Blessed) May 28, 2014 at 1:31 am

Vitamin fudge! I love it! I can’t wait to try this. That malted milk ball flavor is so stinkin’ good!
Becky (So Very Blessed) recently posted..The Weekly WorkupMy Profile

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain May 28, 2014 at 12:48 pm

Yay! Congrats on selling your house! I am also in the process of moving (from one apt to another) and I am with you on the cleaning out the pantry. Might I say though, that if your pantry created these wonderful pieces of fudge, that you must have the most MAGICAL pantry in all the land! ;)
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..S’mores FudgeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 30, 2014 at 6:51 am

Yeah, it is pretty magical. The pantry and the fudge :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Peanut Butter Cheesecake BarsMy Profile

Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen May 29, 2014 at 1:00 pm

I bet everyone was just jealous of all the amazing things you have in your pantry!! Congrats on selling your house- and good luck finding one!!

aimee @ shugarysweets May 30, 2014 at 6:52 am

aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Peanut Butter Cheesecake BarsMy Profile

Jennifer June 3, 2014 at 1:22 pm

I never buy Ovaltine, would it be possible to replace it with cocoa powder?
Jennifer recently posted..Tuesday Travels: Candy EditionMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets June 3, 2014 at 1:56 pm

Cocoa powder is unsweetened unlike Ovaltine, so it definitely would make a difference. Ovaltine also has a malted flavor. You might be better off taking some of your malt balls, pulsing them into a fine powder in your food processor and using that!

Rosalea July 7, 2014 at 12:23 am

How many calories in the malt ball fudge? Not to a a killjoy but…