Whopper Cookie Bars
For the Cookie Base:
- 3/4 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 2 Tbsp skim milk
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup malted milk powder (Original, not chocolate)
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
For the Topping:
- 12oz pkg milk chocolate morsels
- 1 can ((14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Ovaltine chocolate malt powder
- 12oz box Whoppers, slightly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, beat crisco, milk and brown sugar until combined. Add egg and beat until fully combined. Slowly beat in malted milk powder, flour, salt and baking soda.
- Press cookie dough into a large baking sheet with one inch sides. I used a 15 1/2 x 10inch pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes until browned. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, in large sauce pan, heat sweetened condensed milk over low heat. Add in milk chocolate and heat until smooth, whisking constantly. Remove from heat and whisk in ovaltine powder. Pour into prepared cookie crust.
- Pour whoppers into a large ziploc bag. Lay bag on a cutting board and whack it 2-3 times with a frying pan. Don’t pulverize the whoppers, and it’s okay if some are still whole. Press whoppers into fudge layer.
- Refrigerate cookies for 2 hours or overnight. Cut into squares. ENJOY!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**