Nutella Swirled Blondies are decadence at its finest. Topped with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with melted Nutella, these blondies are fudgy, sweet and easy to make!
If you love nutella, you must try our nutella brownies next. Thick and fudgy with swirls of nutella baked right in! Or give our nutella swirled banana bread recipe a try next.
Table of Contents
What is Nutella
If you’ve tasted Nutella, you already know that today’s blondies are going to be amazing.
For those not familiar, Nutella is a spread made from chocolate and hazelnuts.
It has the consistency of peanut butter with a sweet, nutty chocolate flavor. You can spread it on toast, serve it as a dip, or eat it on a sandwich.
But my favorite way to eat Nutella (aside from straight from the jar with a spoon) is to bake it into all kinds of delicious desserts.
From Nutella No Bake Cookies to Nutella Stuffed Donut Holes, I’ve never met a Nutella filled treat I didn’t want to devour. This Banana Cake with Nutella Frosting is the stuff dreams are made of.
But today, I’m talking about blondies. Not just any blondies. Nutella swirled blondies.
Here’s why this recipe works:
- The thick blondie batter bakes up perfectly fudgy.
- Nutella spread is swirled right into the batter!
- It’s a showstopping combo of vanilla, chocolate and hazelnut flavors.
- Delicious on their own. . . or as the base for a Nutella ice cream sundae!
This recipe starts with a simple blondie batter made with a handful of ingredients:
- Melted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Kosher salt
We could stop there and have some pretty good blondies. But today we’re going the extra mile and adding. . .
Nutella – This is swirled over the blondie batter before baking. You can use any variety of chocolate hazelnut spread; it doesn’t have to be name brand.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Tips and Tricks
You can enjoy the blondies as bars, or do what I do and topping them with vanilla ice cream.
- I prefer the taste of these blondies the second day. They get chewier with a more intense flavor.
- Warm up leftover blondies in the microwave for a few seconds. Then add a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. My Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream is my favorite! I also have a no-churn ice cream if you don’t have an ice cream maker.
- Melt Nutella in the microwave. Drizzle it over the ice cream. For the final step, add some sprinkles too. Because, why not?!
Yes, salted butter will work just fine! If using salted butter, omit the added kosher salt from the recipe.
Store these in an airtight container at room temperature. They taste even better the second day!
Properly stored, Nutella blondies will keep for about 1 week.
Place the Nutella spread in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 20-30 second increments and stir. If the spread still looks too thick, continue heating in 10-15 second increments until it achieves a pourable consistency.
Any kind of sprinkles! I used Jimmies sprinkles today. But you can just nonpareils, confetti sprinkles, sugar sprinkles or any other version you like to eat on your ice cream.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
Nutella Swirled Blondies
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Nutella hazelnut spread
- ice cream Nutella, and sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine melted butter with brown sugar. Add in egg, vanilla and salt. Add flour and mix just until combined. Press batter into bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Spread Nutella on top of batter, in about 4 lines, using a knife to make swirls.
- Bake for about 22 minutes, remove from oven and cool.
- To serve, enjoy as a bar, or make a decadent treat by warming it up and topping it with ice cream, melted Nutella and sprinkles!
- Store in airtight container. I prefer these the second day, I think the flavor is more intense and the blondie is chewier!
- See blog post for more recipe tips and tricks.
HI! I didn’t have any light brown sugar so I used dark brown. My dough came out runny, and not like the consistency in your video. Would the dark brown made it like that?
But it turned okay.
Will try again when I have a light brown sugar.
This looks amazing
Happy 5th Blog Birthday friend. Cheers to many more. Scheduled to share on FB because everyone needs these. Yummed & pinned.
Thanks Sandra, I couldn’t have done this without all my friends 🙂
This looks amazing…
Hahaha “real life” according to food bloggers! These made me giggle…mostly because every single one applied to me too. Happy Blog Birthday! It’s been so much fun getting to know you over the years, and I puffy heart love that our love of baking and blogging brought us a special friendship! Just be glad I’m not there right now to squeeze your guts out! XOXO!!!
Miss you girl 🙂 You’re one of the best things that has come into my life because of blogging!
suuuch a GORGEOUSly thick swirl of nutella!!!
Bahaha!! Loved the you might be a food blogger if… so totally true!! These blondies look so good and love the nutella swirl!
I like your blog and I like nutella swirled blondies very much. I will soon try these 🙂 Thanks for sharing
Happy Blogiversary! And can I faceplant in those blondies?!
Congrats on 5 delicious years, Aimee! You were one of the very first bloggers to comment on my site and I will never forget it. ???? These blondies look like an amazing way to celebrate with those gorgeous Nutella swirls — I need about a dozen please!
Omg want want want!! Those brownies look so delicious. Definitely going to add it to my list of food to make 🙂
I loved reading each and every one of those because they are SO true! Happy 5 years to you!
Thank you Nancy 🙂 🙂 🙂
These blondies look epic! Loved that list of food blogger tropes- so accurate! I was especially laughing at “your house is a mess but you have dessert for 3 days”. So true 🙂
That one hits home as well 🙂
YAY for five years! These look like the perfect treat to celebrate with. Loved your “You might be a food blogger if…”!
Wow these look so good, I love anything with Nutella in it!!
Congratulations on five years of blogging, Aimee! That is so wonderful and exciting! And I whole-heartedly agree with EVERY SINGLE ONE of those blogger statements. I have so many food props, no matching sets, I get mad at my husband if he eats my work, the list goes on! And what a great way to celebrate with these blondies! Yum!
Thank you Gayle!! It is a long list of oddities, haha 🙂
Yep, yep, yep…I can relate to ALL OF THE ABOVE. These look SO good. Love that gorgeous swirl!!
Thanks Kristan! The joys of blogging 🙂
Love the contributions from friends, Aimee! All so true, especially Lisa’s. I have so many more pics of food than my family. But that’s reality. Oh, and how about feeling really self-conscious at the checkout line because your basket is full of candy and chocolate while other people are buying, like, real food?
I asked to join your group, BTW. 🙂
And love these Nutella blondies. The ice cream on top is a perfect touch!
Ahhh, the life of a food blogger 🙂 AND YES, totally have looked at the contents of my basket and have even tossed in some salad mix because I feel guilty for the junk food, haha!