Spinach and Sausage Quiche

by aimee @ shugarysweets on May 6, 2014

This Spinach and Sausage Quiche is quick and easy thanks to a little help from Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust! I filled mine with spinach and sweet Italian sausage, but feel free to customize this recipe to your own liking!

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’

Sausage and Spinach Quiche: easy shortcut recipe that will impress your family and friends at breakfast!

I don’t make quiche very often. In my mind, it’s a “fancy” breakfast.

If that’s in your mind too, I’m here to break that thought. Right now.

Today’s recipe is so easy. Easy enough that you can leave the recipe printed on the counter, and even your husband and kids can make it. For you. For Mother’s Day.

You can even help them out by browning the sausage ahead of time. Or skip the sausage all together and just toss in some fresh mushrooms instead.

I would have used mushrooms, but my family may have revolted. I failed as a mother. As a parent. My kids hate mushrooms.

I’m hoping one or more of them will change their views as they become older, but it’s looking dismal. Big thanks to my mushroom hating husband on this one, they “inherited” his genes.

But, for Mother’s Day, I think I can ask for mushroom quiche, mushroom soup, mushroom pizza. You name it, I should get it. After all, I’ve omitted mushrooms from much of my diet thanks to the scowls and groans when I do have them in the house.

Let’s get back to the quiche….

This basic recipe is very versatile. Add cooked bacon. Add green peppers and onion. Take out the spinach and add asparagus. Take out the monterey jack cheese and add parmesan cheese. Or goat cheese.

Seriously guys. It’s easy.

Oh, and one more thing. I used a refrigerated pie crust. Unroll, place in pie plate. And DONE. You can also swap that out and use homemade pie crust. Or puff pastry.

I know. You’re welcome. I’m about to go swap out the laundry. Not as fun as swapping ingredients in this quiche. Clearly.

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the     button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!

Spinach and Sausage Quiche

Yield: serves 6

• 1 refrigerated pie crust (1/2 box Pillsbury)
  • 5 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp dried parsley
  • 1/2 tsp dried minced onion
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
  • 1/2 lb sausage, cooked and crumbled
  • 1 cup fresh spinach

1. Unroll pie crust and press into a pie plate. Set aside.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, cream, garlic powder, salt, pepper, parsley and onion. Whisk together until fully combined, and few streaks remain. Add cheeses, cooked sausage, and fresh spinach. Fold together. Pour into pie crust.
  3. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 35 minutes. Remove and allow to set about 10 minutes. Slice and enjoy!

Notes

**You can substitute cooked bacon for the sausage. Or any vegetable too! **oven temps may vary. Check your quiche at 30 minutes, cook until eggs are set and top begins to brown, up to 45 minutes.

LOVE Eggs for Breakfast?

Greek Omelettes

You may enjoy this Greek Omelette recipe for a quick and easy breakfast idea too!

75+breakfast-recipes

Not sure what to make? This list of over 75 breakfast recipes is sure to spark your creativity! Or your taste buds!

Need more breakfast ideas? Follow my BREAKFAST TABLE FOODS board on Pinterest below:

Follow Shugary Sweets’s board Breakfast Table Goodies on Pinterest.

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness May 6, 2014 at 7:29 am

My hubby has this weird thing about quiche, since his mom always made it for him. But with sausage? Pretty sure I can get him into this! If not…more for me! Pinned!

aimee @ shugarysweets May 6, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Boys and their moms! Thanks for pinning :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Spinach and Sausage QuicheMy Profile

Librarian Lavender May 6, 2014 at 8:10 am

I love quiche and it’s great to experiment with the ingredients, this recipe looks really delicious!
Librarian Lavender recently posted..The last of my Amazon books!My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 6, 2014 at 4:50 pm

aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Spinach and Sausage QuicheMy Profile

DessertForTwo May 6, 2014 at 8:16 am
Stephanie @ Plain Chicken May 6, 2014 at 9:42 am

Looks delicious! We are huge quiche fans. Can’t wait to try this one.
Stephanie @ Plain Chicken recently posted..Chicken & Pecan QuicheMy Profile

Averie @ Averie Cooks May 6, 2014 at 10:11 am

Love all your fun egg recipes lately! Pinned!

aimee @ shugarysweets May 6, 2014 at 4:50 pm

Thank you Averie, and thanks for pinning :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Spinach and Sausage QuicheMy Profile

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) May 6, 2014 at 10:54 am

This quiche looks incredible! Definitely a winner in my book!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) recently posted..Strawberry Lemonade CupcakesMy Profile

Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor May 6, 2014 at 11:14 am

Perfect for Mother’s Day brunch! I love spinach quiche and definitely need to try this recipe soon!
Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor recently posted..Very Berry Acai BowlMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 6, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Let me know if you do Ashley :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Spinach and Sausage QuicheMy Profile

Matt Robinson May 6, 2014 at 11:26 am

We love quiche in our home and this one looks absolutely perfect!

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet May 6, 2014 at 12:37 pm

I love quiche! This looks fabulous, Aimee!
Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet recently posted..Strawberry Swirl Sour Cream Bars RecipeMy Profile

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction May 6, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Perfect for Mother’s Day brunch! Your quiche looks so good!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction recently posted..Strawberry Lemonade Frosted Sugar Cookie BarsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 6, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Thank you Jessica!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Spinach and Sausage QuicheMy Profile

Pam Sohan May 6, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Hmmm I never thought of Quiche for breakfast. To me its lunch or dinner. Pinned the recipe, looks yummy !

aimee @ shugarysweets May 6, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Too funny, I always think of quiche as a breakfast food, because of the eggs!!! But really it’s great any time of day!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Spinach and Sausage QuicheMy Profile

Tahnycooks May 6, 2014 at 1:27 pm

It’s a quiche kinda a day! We must be on the same wave length…! Your recipe looks great, gonna have to try it! We love quiche over here in my household! Yum!
Tahnycooks recently posted..Asparagus and Spring Veggie QuicheMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 6, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Fist bump to the quiche twins!!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Spinach and Sausage QuicheMy Profile

Mary Frances May 6, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Just came from Tahny’s site – it IS a quiche day! Quiche always makes me thing fancier too … I love that is an easy fancy dish! Sausage and spinach is one of my favorite savory combos and makes breakfast that much more exciting!
Mary Frances recently posted..Fudgy Brownie Cake with Chocolate Pudding Frosting (dairy free!)My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 6, 2014 at 4:54 pm

You missed the memo? It’s quiche day!!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Spinach and Sausage QuicheMy Profile

Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice May 6, 2014 at 3:36 pm

This looks like a perfect quiche! What a great flavor combination, too. You definitely can’t go wrong with spinach and sausage. Pinned!
Gayle @ Pumpkin ‘N Spice recently posted..Doritos Taco SaladMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 6, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Thanks for pinning Gayle!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Spinach and Sausage QuicheMy Profile

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain May 6, 2014 at 9:40 pm

I feel like I always forget about quiche because it is totally a fancy breakfast. And it seems like so much work, but now….NOW there are so many quiche possibilities! THANK YOU AIMEE, FOR OPENING MY EYES TO WHOLE NEW BREAKFAST PERFECTION!
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..Tomato Baked Eggs with Step by Step PicturesMy Profile

paula lepley May 6, 2014 at 10:41 pm

I have sausage in the fridge, just waiting for an idea, but I wondered if you can use frozen spinach?

aimee @ shugarysweets May 8, 2014 at 9:54 am

You would have to make sure it’s thawed and you would have to REALLY squeeze the heck out of it. Otherwise you can end up with a runny quiche from the excess water.

Chloe @ foodlikecake May 7, 2014 at 6:24 am

I love quiches but I’ve always thought they look to hard! Not anymore :-)

Andi @ The Weary Chef May 7, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Spinach and sausage is one my favorite combos, and I love using Pillsbury pie crusts. (I’m far too weary to make my own!) Love this recipe, Aimee, and your photos look great!
Andi @ The Weary Chef recently posted..Loaded BBQ Chicken SaladMy Profile

John from the master cleanse reviews May 11, 2014 at 6:08 am

Preparing Thoughts
Hand out that together with croissants and seasonal fresh fruits. This approach recipe ingredients can even be adjusted for making very small tart quiches for appetizers.
John from the master cleanse reviews recently posted..Master Cleanse InstructionsMy Profile

Anonymous May 30, 2014 at 7:28 pm

Can you sub the heavy cream, or don’t mess with perfection?