Pizza Stuffed Pasta Shells
If you love easy, delicious dinner ideas, these Pizza Stuffed Pasta Shells are for you! All the great flavor of a pizza, in a make ahead (freezer friendly) pasta dish!
Be sure to sign up for my free email subscription…new recipes in your inbox
A cool Spring day earlier this year I made a big batch of these Pizza Stuffed Pasta Shells. I also made a batch of these stuffed Taco Shells and these Sausage Shells. There’s nothing better than having a crazy weeknight, and being able to grab a bag of these frozen stuffed pasta shells for a quick dinner fix.
This is great as a winter recipe, but on a hot summer night after being outside all day long, the last thing I want to do is fix up dinner. I don’t mind running the oven those nights, since I know my A/C is cranking just fine. And sometimes on those busy summer nights it’s great to have comfort food that isn’t a hot dog or a burger!
You can pull these straight from the freezer and put them in a baking dish (that has a jar of pizza sauce poured in the the bottom). Top with a little mozzarella cheese and bake. Done. Just like that. ENJOY 🙂
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Pizza Stuffed Pasta Shells
Yield: about 3 dozen shells
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: **see recipe
- 1 box (12 oz) jumbo pasta shells
- 1 lb italian sausage (removed from casings)
- 3 oz pepperoni, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can (2.25 oz) diced black olives, drained
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 jar pizza sauce (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Cook large shells pasta according to package directions. Once cooked, separate and place on parchment paper on counter. Set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, brown italian sausage in a large skillet. Once browned, drain grease and return meat to skillet. Add in pepperoni, green pepper, and onion. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add oregano, basil, and crushed tomatoes. Over low heat, simmer until sauce is warm. Stir in 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Using a large spoon, stuff each shell with pizza mixture, until all shells are stuffed.
- If baking immediately, pour about 1 1/2 cups of pizza sauce in bottom of a baking dish. Choose a dish size that will fit the number of shells you are going to be cooking. For my family, we each eat about 2-3 shells per meal. On top of sauce, add shells. Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes in a 350F oven. Remove foil, top with remaining cheese and bake an additional 5-15 minutes, until cheese is melted, sauce on bottom is bubbly and mixture inside shells is fully heated.
- To freeze: place uncooked stuffed shells onto a baking sheet. Place in freezer for about 30 minutes. Transfer to a freezer safe ziploc bag and store frozen. When ready to bake, follow step 5 above, but add an additional 15 minutes to the baking time...making it 45 minutes in a 350F oven (with an additionaly 5-15 to melt cheese on top). ENJOY.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
Love today’s easy weeknight dinner? Here are a few favorites…
Layered Chicken Taco Salad: this is great with leftover cooked chicken, or make it easy with a rotisserie chicken!
Chicken Kisses: we love these easy kisses all year long! Stuffed with a creamy chicken filling and topped with a chicken gravy, ENJOY.
Greek Chicken Skewers with an avocado tzatziki. Enough said!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**