Peanut Butter Revel Bars
Peanut Butter Revel Bars are a sweet, chewy cookie bar, perfect for potlucks, holidays, and bake sales. Also freezes well for later!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!
Click HERE TO PIN IT for later!
As if eating a peanut butter cookie bar isn’t enough, I’ve added a sweet layer of peanut butter fudge swirled in the the center!
I don’t know if you’re like me, and you have one million cookbooks on your shelf, but still find yourself thumbing through the same ones over and over?
When I got married (21 years ago!!) I was given a Better Homes and Garden Cookbook. If you don’t have it yet, I’m sure you’ve seen it on the shelves, with that iconic red/white checkered pattern on the front?
Well, years ago I made the Chocolate Revel Bars from this cookbook. Then I changed them a little (adding some butterscotch) by making these Triple Chip Revel Bars. A couple months ago I used ONLY butterscotch in the filling and made some Butterscotch Revel Bars. Today, I’ve taken that same recipe and made Peanut Butter Revel Bars.
Why, you ask, do I keep going back to this recipe and changing it up? Because it’s good you guys. And it makes a huge amount, which is perfect for potlucks, barbeques, holidays, bake sales, and freezing for later!
The basic cookie dough is packed with butter, sugar, peanut butter, and oats! It makes a good sturdy cookie base for the peanut butter fudge filling you will add to the center. You’ll save some of the cookie dough and dollop it on top of the fudge layer before baking. The result?
A gorgeous peanut butter flavored cookie that is a hit with everyone!!
Got peanut butter allergies? This is awesome with Biscoff too!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Peanut Butter Revel Bars
Yield: 36 bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25-28 minutes
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (divided)
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups quick-cook oatmeal
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (11 oz) peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat 14 Tbsp of butter (reserving the extra two for later), brown sugar, and peanut butter until well blended. Add in baking soda, eggs and vanilla extract. Beat until combined. Add flour and oats and mix until blended. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk and 2 Tbsp butter. Heat over low heat until butter is melted. Fold in peanut butter morsels and stir constantly until melted and smooth.
- Press 2/3 of cookie dough into bottom of baking sheet. Keep pressing with your fingertips, it will fit, honest!! Pour peanut butter mixture over top of cookie dough and spread evenly. Drop remaining dough by teaspoon over the top (will not cover completely, that's okay).
- Bake for 25-28 minutes until browned. Cool completely. Cut and enjoy. Store in airtight container (best when chilled)!
If you love making easy cookie bars…here are some recipes you may enjoy:
Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars: when you don’t have time to make those cut outs!
Candy Cane Oreo Bars: delicious, easy, peppermint cookie bars with OREOS!
Butterfinger Fudge Cookie Bars: easy cookie bars with crushed Butterfinger candy!
Love today’s Peanut Butter Revel Bars? Check out these recipes from my friends:
- Salted Butterscotch Bars from Inside BruCrew Life
- Oatmeal Cream Pie Cookie Bars from Averie Cooks
- Peanut Butter Fig Bars from The Unlikely Baker
- Snickerdoodle Bars from Back for Seconds
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**