Cucumber Dill Salad
You’ll love this garden fresh Cucumber Dill Salad! Serve it up with your next summer meal for a crisp, savory, flavorful bite!
Remember last week when I shared this Authentic Swedish Meatball recipe? Served along side those delicious meatballs was a dish of Cucumber Dill Salad.
This is the perfect salad to bring to a potluck or serve as a side dish to any summer meal! And, if you have a garden, it’s a great use of those fresh cucumbers and herbs you may have growing!
Growing up, we always had a cucumber salad with onions and sour cream (or sometimes it had Ranch Dressing mixed in). It was good…but the heaviness of the cream masked the freshness of the cucumbers.
While on my recent travels to Sweden, they served us a side of this Cucumber Dill Salad that was out of this world! And I think one of the tricks I loved was how thin they sliced the cucumbers and onion. I used my mandolin, but a food processor with the slicing blade would work, or some very good knife skills! You could even SPIRALIZE your cucumbers for this salad! However, it’s NOT mandatory. You can still LOVE this salad with normally sliced cucumbers, I promise!
I sliced my veggies early in the day, and put the ingredients for the dressing in a small glass in the refrigerator. Then, when it was time for dinner, I drizzled the dressing all over the salad. This allowed the cucumbers and onion to keep their crispness, and the dressing flavors still mingled with each other in the glass in the fridge. It was a win-win.
If you’re looking for something new to serve with burgers, ribs, hot dogs, or even Swedish Meatballs…whip up one of the Cucumber Dill Salads too!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
You'll love this garden fresh Cucumber Dill Salad! Serve it up with your next summer meal for a crisp, savory, flavorful bite!
- 3 cucumbers, sliced thin
- 1 small white onion, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Thinly slice cucumbers and onion using a mandoline, the slice blade on a food processor, or a knife. You could even use a spiralizer! Place in a medium sized bowl.
- In a small glass, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, fresh parsley and fresh dill. Pour over cucumber and dill, toss, and enjoy.
- If serving this salad later in the day, store the dressing in a glass in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Right before serving, drizzle over salad and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Spiralizer Ultimate 7-Blade Vegetable Slicer, Strongest-and-Heaviest Duty Vegetable Spiral Slicer, Best Veggie Pasta Spaghetti Maker for Keto/Paleo/Gluten-Free, With Extra Blade Caddy & 4 Recipe Ebook
- OXO Good Grips V-Blade Mandoline Slicer
- Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**