These Pumpkin Hand Pies are the perfect fall treat! The flaky crust and nutty pumpkin pie filling are the perfect combo in a hand pie, plus they’ve got a wonderful maple walnut glaze!
**This post is sponsored by Fisher Nuts. I am excited to be partnering with them this year and bringing you all some delicious recipes! **
While you may be thinking, yes, Aimee, today is Labor Day…no more white pants!
I am actually thinking, yes, Aimee, the day it is socially acceptable to begin sharing pumpkin recipes on the blog!
While you may be thinking, pumpkin recipes already?
I am actually thinking, YES, just like my zucchini crazed August, prepare for a pumpkin crazed September!
But in all seriousness, we foodies tend to put parameters around when it’s okay to begin sharing certain flavors. Pumpkin in September, Peppermint after Thanksgiving, etc etc. In all honesty, I don’t usually follow those rules, but I know on facebook, ya’ll yelled at me in August when I began sharing pumpkin!
Let’s talk about today’s recipe and forget all rules, mkay? Because when it comes to these hand pies, there are NO rules.
- I used a box of refrigerated pie crust for this recipe, to make things easy. You can make your own pie crust if you prefer, totes cool with me.
- For the filling, I thought it would be awesome to add some chopped walnuts. I used Fisher Nuts Walnuts for today’s treat, because I love that they are preservative free and they taste amazing! I also saved some to sprinkle on top!!
- Once these baked up, I gave them a dunk in a sweet, maple glaze. Drop them into the glaze, then use two forks to flip it over and let the excess glaze drip off. The double side of glaze is amazing, but you’re welcome to only dunk the tops if you prefer.
- These are fantastic warm. BUT, after eating a couple warm I placed the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Oh my, they are also wonderful cold (with a dollop of homemade whipped cream)! ENJOY.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
MORE FISHER NUTS RECIPES:
- Coconut Almond Bars
- Pecan Pie Bundt Cake
- Strawberry Almond Bars
- Healthy Chicken Salad
- Mandarin Orange Pretzel Bars
- Nutty Caramel Snack Mix
- Strawberry Cheesecake Napoleons
- Almond Pesto Salmon
- Berry French Toast Casserole
- Blueberry Cheesecake
Love Fisher Nuts? Here are a few of my favorite recipes:
Pecan Pie Cake: a completely, from scratch cake recipe with a delicious, nutty filling!
Strawberry Pecan Salad with a homemade poppy seed dressing!
Butter Pecan Frosted Pumpkin Bars: no words needed to describe this wonderful treat!
**This is a sponsored post on behalf of Fisher Nuts. I was compensated for my time, however all opinions expressed are 100% my own!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fisher. The opinions and text are all mine.