Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

Looking for the perfect Tilapia recipe? This Parmesan Crusted Tilapia is not only delicious, but it’s an easy, baked recipe too!

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia: an easy, healthy dinner idea!

I’m getting a little more confident these days in my fish preparations. Yes. You read that right. Fish preparations. Such an odd sentence I wrote there….

Years ago making a fish dinner was an awful task. I never cooked it right, so I would end up buying some frozen prepped version (Gortons? hehe) and called it a meal.

But I can honestly say, I’m learning to love making fish. Tilapia and Salmon are usually our favorite varieties. And I’m very fortunate I know to have kids who will eat fish!

I mentioned earlier this week that I’m doing a 40 day lenten challenge of simplifying my home, by collection 40 bags of stuff (to donate or trash). So far it’s going GREAT. Not sure if that’s really a good thing or a bad thing, to know that my family has so much excess.

One of the other lenten challenges I am doing is 40 minutes of exercise for 40 days. This one is a bit trickier, obviously, cause it entails working out! Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind exercising, I do it 3-4 times a week. But the challenge is to now do it 6 days a week. I’m quite the scheduler, and this is definitely interfering with my plans, haha!

But, in the long run, I know it’s the least I can do to keep my body healthy.

Today’s tilapia recipe is a bit lighter (yes, it’s got cheese) but I baked it (not fried it)! Also, parmesan cheese provides about 11g protein and 1 g carbs. Not a bad ratio for this weight training girl! I’ve also learned that parmesan cheese is a low lactose cheese..which means it’s friendly to our digestive system (enough about THAT)!

This “fish friday” recipe will keep you healthy and trim! ENJOY!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the     button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

Yield: serves 5

• 5 large tilapia fillets (about 1.5 lbs)
  • 1 cup crunchy panko crumbs
  • 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
  • 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning mix
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • pinch of crushed red pepper
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 Tbsp water

1. In a small shallow bowl, whisk egg white with water until frothy. Set aside.
  2. In a second small shallow bowl, combine panko with parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and crushed red pepper.
  3. Dip each piece of tilapia in whisked egg whites, then coat completely in parmesan crust. Place on a foil lined baking sheet, repeat for remaining fillets.
  4. Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 12-14 minutes, until fish flakes with fork. ENJOY

**cooking time may vary depending on size/thickness of fish

Love Seafood? I’ve got some great recipes for you….

Almond Pesto Salmon

Spicy Grilled Tilapia with Citrus Slaw

Love Tilapia? Here are a few of my favorite recipes from my favorite blogs….

22 Responses to “Parmesan Crusted Tilapia”

1. posted Mar 14, 2014 at 7:06 am

I eat tilapia multiple times a week…but always the same way because I’m boring like that.
    This looks like a super simple way to get a little more variety in my life…you can never go wrong with cheese!

• posted Mar 17, 2014 at 3:47 pm

Thanks for pinning Taylor, give it a try, it’s quite delish :)

2. posted Mar 14, 2014 at 7:53 am

I want to make this but does it smell up your kitchen? I’ve made salmon inside on my stove top and it took two weeks to get the fishy smell out of my apartment. Maybe tilapia doesn’t smell as bad?!

• posted Mar 17, 2014 at 3:47 pm

I’m not sure, I love the smell of ANY dinner cooking :)

• Marilou
      posted Mar 29, 2014 at 12:00 am

to get rid of unwanted smell, boil in a pan (rolling then simmer) about 3-4 cups of white vinegar for about 15 minutes…you can add more vinegar or a little bit of water to it too in case you want to extend.

3. posted Mar 14, 2014 at 7:59 am

I’ve never eaten tilapia! Maybe now is my time to start…

4. posted Mar 14, 2014 at 8:19 am

Looks amazing!

5. posted Mar 14, 2014 at 9:42 am

This sounds so good! I’m also trying to better myself for Lent. Currently on a diet that is, on a daily basis, driving me *just* to the point of turning green and ripping my clothes off in an angered rage.

But I can do it. I said I would and I have to. Because of Lent…

But this fish sounds awesome. Perfect as you said for Friday meals. Can’t wait to pitch it to the wife who isn’t a fan of fish.

• posted Mar 17, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Haha!! If you’re looking for a new fish recipe, the almond crusted salmon is hands down my favorite!!!

6. posted Mar 14, 2014 at 10:43 am

We have been eating a lot more healthy meals lately too. Hahaha you would never know from what I blog though 😉 I love this crusted tilapia idea! Sounds delicious!!!

7. posted Mar 14, 2014 at 10:47 am

Tilapia is our family’s favorite dish. Pamesan is one of our favorite cheeses. This could be nothing less than delicious!

8. posted Mar 14, 2014 at 12:01 pm

This tilapia looks amazing! I would eat this every night for dinner if I could.

9. posted Mar 14, 2014 at 2:08 pm

This tilapia looks amazing! I miss having fish! The breading looks amazing. Thanks for sharing!

10. posted Mar 14, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Delicious. Almost makes me want to postpone pizza night tonight! But this looks perfect for a Saturday dinner.

11. posted Mar 16, 2014 at 7:12 am

I love tilapia and salmon too and this tilapia sounds amazing with the parmesan panko crust! I am always looking for new ways to prepare fish so can’t wait to give this a try – pinning :) Good luck with your new 40 days of exercise Aimee!

• posted Mar 17, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Thanks for pinning Kelly!! Give this a try, it’s pretty delicious!

12. posted Mar 17, 2014 at 7:03 am

Mmm, this tilapia looks wonderful. My husband would love this. I don’t mind working out either, I usually struggle to find the time. Pinning!

13. Janine Pope
    posted Mar 26, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Made this last weekend for my hubby- he absolutely LOVED it! I’ll be making this again for sure!

14. Pingback: Bacon Cheeseburger Soup - Shugary Sweets