If you’ve never tried Saltine Toffee, now is the time! Crispy, buttery, toffee with pecans and chocolate. So easy to make, too!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!
Years ago I remember being at a family reunion and I tried a graham cracker toffee bar. It was amazing and delicious, and I was SHOCKED that the base was a graham cracker. I had to keep eating, bar after bar, for taste testing purposes.
Years later I shared the recipe for those Brickle Bars on my blog. They are still one of our family’s favorite treats. And they are so easy too. From the time I start making them until the time I eat them it’s less than half an hour!
A big plate of those bars goes fast with my family.
Recently as I perusing pinterest, I saw a photo for “SALTINE TOFFEE.” My mouth gaped open (seriously). Why had I not thought to make my brickle bars with saltines???
Well my friends, today, it has happened. I am happy to say the brickle bars can now be made using saltines. And the result is amazing.
The saltines have a saltier base (DUH) than a graham cracker, so the sweet and salty combo shines through on these bars!
A few notes about making Saltine Toffee:
- Pan melt your butter, then add your sugar. Bring this mixture to a rolling boil.
- Line 40 saltine crackers on a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking sheet.
- Pour mixture over crackers, slowly, making sure that all the crackers have been covered in butter
- Sprinkle generously with chopped pecans
- Bake this for about 15 minutes. You want to make sure that the crackers look brown and caramelized.
- Use a small spatula to remove the hot cracker toffee from the pan and place it on parchment paper (or wax paper).
- Melt your chocolate chips and spread over each cracker. I pour my melted chocolate into a large Ziploc bag, then snip the corner and drizzle generously over each cracker. Works like a charm.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, store these in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. ENJOY!
These Brickle Bars are a graham cracker version of saltine toffee:
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**