Nobody will guess that this sweet toffee starts with graham crackers. Brickle Bars are the next best thing to homemade candy!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
I had a friend coming over for coffee at lunch today, and having no baked goods in the house, this is what I made! These only take 10-13 minutes to cook, and in less than 20 minutes I had a very yummy treat to put out for us.
Unfortunately she only ate one, now I have about 3 dozen more to eat. Good thing there are plenty of people who happily take extra treats off my hands!
How to make Brickle Bars (Graham Cracker Toffee):
- Line your sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Break your graham crackers into fourths, along their natural perforated marks. Line your sheet pan with crackers.
- In a small saucepan, bring your butter and sugar to a full rolling boil. Pour over crackers. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately use a small spatula to transfer hot toffee to a piece of parchment paper on the counter.
- Melt chocolate according to package, spread over toffee. Allow to set and cool (about 15 minutes).
What tools do you need to make cracker toffee:
- A large baking sheet, approximately 15×10-1-inch. Make sure it has the 1 inch sides, so your gooey caramel doesn’t drip into your oven! Our family calls this a jelly roll pan!
- I use this small serve spatula to remove the toffee from the sheet pan.
- Parchment paper. Do not skip this step or you won’t be able to remove your crackers from the pan. You could use foil as well, but I don’t like that it will sometimes rip. I buy my parchment paper in bulk either on amazon or at Sam’s/Costco.
If you love this Brickle Bar recipe, you’ll also enjoy these toffee recipes:
- S’mores cracker toffee is a little bit of summer on a slice of toffee! So easy and delicious.
- Here’s my classic recipe for Saltine Toffee. You decide which type of cracker YOU prefer 🙂
- Want traditional toffee? My English Toffee recipe is just perfect, everyone begs for the recipe!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Brickle Bars recipe:
- 12 full size graham cracker, broken into fourths
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet morsels, melted
- Break grahams into fourths. Line 15x10x1inch pan with crackers. Pan melt butter and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, remove immediately and pour over crackers. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to parchment paper. The best way to do this is using two butter knives, or a small spatula. Scoop each graham cracker individually and transfer to parchment.
- Repeat until all grahams are moved to paper.
- Spread melted chocolate over each brickle bar. Allow to set. Store in airtight container.
**This Brickle Bars recipe was originally published on Shugary Sweets on January 27, 2011, the photos were updated in October 2014 and the recipe was republished in April 2018.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**