Love PayDay candy bars? Try making these PayDay truffles at home! These delicious copycat candies are the perfect bite sized treat.
Everyone loves Chocolate Truffles. But sometimes it’s nice to change it up!
Why This Candy is Best
PayDays have always been one of my favorite candies
. I admit to even snooping through my kids trick-or-treat haul to claim those sweet peanutty treats for myself.
It’s amazing how much these PayDay truffles taste just like the original candy bar!
- Sweet and salty, with crunchy peanuts in every bite.
- Creamy white chocolate candy coating.
- Easy to make without any special equipment.
- A great homemade gift idea for any occasion.
Peanut lovers can’t get enough of these truffles.Serve them at a party and watch how quickly they disappear.
Everything you need to make copycat bite sized PayDay candies:
- Mini marshmallows
- Peanut butter – Use the creamy shelf-stable peanut butter (not natural) for best results.
- Dulce de leche – This thick canned caramel sauce sweetens the center of the truffles and gives it the perfect consistency.
- Peanuts – Use dry roasted, salted peanuts for best sweet and salty peanut flavor.
- White chocolate melting wafers – I use the Ghirardelli brand for dipping these truffles. It melts easily, sets up smooth and shiny and tastes delicious!
Tips and Tricks
- Make the candy base for the truffles by melting butter and marshmallows together over low heat. Stir in the dulce de leche and peanut butter. Remove from heat then fold in your peanuts.
- Scoop this mixture onto a lined baking sheet by the tablespoon. Cover and freeze until solid. This can take anywhere from 2 to 4 hours.
- Once frozen, dip each truffle into melted white chocolate using a toothpick. Then press a peanut on top of the truffle, covering the toothpick hole.
- Let the white chocolate set for about 10-15 minutes. You can eat these truffles right away or store them for later!
You can store in a food safe airtight container at room temperature. They stay good for up to 2 weeks.
I use Nestle’s La Lechera dulce de leche. It comes in a can from the grocery store. You can also make your own dulce de leche from sweetened condensed milk, if you prefer.
You can use melted vanilla almond bark or vanilla candy melts instead.
Melting white chocolate chips can be used, but they don’t set up as well on the truffles. I find the texture of melted and re-hardened chocolate chips can be a little chalky and crumbly.
If you love PayDays as much as I do, these candies might just become your new favorite truffles!
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 cups Miniature Marshmallows
- ½ cup creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 can Dulce De Leche 14 ounce
- 4 ½ cups Dry Roasted Salted Peanuts divided
- 2 packages Ghirardelli white chocolate wafers 16 ounce each
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until smooth. Add in peanut butter and dulce de leche. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Fold in 4 cups peanuts.
- Scoop by large tablespoon onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 2-4 hours.
- Melt white chocolate wafers according to package directions in a clear glass bowl.
- Using a toothpick, dip each frozen truffle into the melted white chocolate, tapping side of the bowl to remove excess. Return to parchment paper lined baking sheet and immediately press on a peanut (or two) to cover the toothpick holes. Repeat until all truffles have been dipped.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
- We love using Ghirardelli melting wafers in place of white chocolate chips. They melt smoother and taste amazing.
- Substitute the white chocolate wafers for milk, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate wafers instead!