Payday Caramel Corn
Caramel Corn that tastes like a Payday candy bar! With peanuts and candy corn!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 bags of popped corn (remove seeds), about 5qt popped
- 16oz pkg vanilla bark
- 21oz bag candy corn
- 1 1/4 cup salted, roasted peanuts
- Pop popcorn according to package. Place popped corn into a large mixing bowl (make sure to not add any seeds). Set aside.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter with sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla. Pour over popped corn. Mix well.
- Divide caramel corn mixture evenly into two foil lined broiler pans (or large disposable lasagna pans would work too) Bake in a 250 degree oven for one hour. Stir every 15 minutes, and rotate in oven.
- After one hour, remove from oven and pour into a large mixing bowl. Melt vanilla bark according to package directions and pour over caramel corn. Add in peanuts and candy corn. Pour onto parchment paper (I lay a big strip down on my counter top) and allow to set, about 30 minutes). Once chocolate is set, fill two large gallon sized ziploc bags and seal. ENJOY!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**