Fluffernutter Caramel Corn
I love popcorn. Salty, buttery popcorn! But I have this other problem, I really love caramel corn. Because of this problem I tend to raid my candy shelf in the pantry and toss things into my caramel corn.
This time I made my caramel corn recipe, but instead of coating it in white chocolate, I mixed chocolate with peanut butter. And if that wasn’t enough, I tossed in some chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups and marshmallows!
This popcorn is so addicting, you can’t just eat one bite. But, you can package it up in cute little popcorn containers (I found mine in the dollar section at Target) and give it away as gifts. For a teacher, a friend, hubby on Valentine’s. Whoever you choose, just be warned : They will want you to make more!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 bags of popped corn, REMOVE SEEDS (5 qt popped)
- 16 oz. package chocolate coating, melted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups Mini Reese's Peanut Butter cups, chopped
- Pan melt butter, stir in sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla. Gradually pour over popped corn. Mix well. I use my broiler pans, but the disposable lasagna foil pans would work well too. Bake at 250 degrees for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Break apart and place in large bowl.
- Melt the chocolate coating completely (according to package directions). Mix in peanut butter until combined and pour over cooled caramel corn. Allow to cool about ten minutes. Add in marshmallows and chopped candy. Pour onto wax paper to harden. Store in airtight Ziploc or tupperware containers.
Aimee is a dessert lover (specifically rice krispie treats), workout enthusiast, self-taught foodie, and recipe creator. Her recipes have been featured in numerous magazines, and her passion is to share her love of cooking with the everyday home cook!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**