7 Layer Cookie Bars Recipe topped with coconut, pecans, chocolate and butterscotch. You’ll love this easy Magic Bar recipe any time of year!
Table of Contents
Easy Magic Bar Recipe
You all may remember a few weeks ago when I shared this delicious Magic Bars recipe.
Well today friends, I’ve got the perfect 7 Layer Bars treat just for you.
Today’s version of Seven Layer Bars is a little more classic, packed with coconut, pecans, and flavorful morsels, I think you’re going to love this one!
The best thing is though, it’s so easy to make swaps. don’t like butterscotch? Add caramel morsels, or white chocolate chips, or M&M’s candy!
Whatever you do, don’t be like me and wait 45 years to try your first Seven Layer Cookie Bar!
- Graham Cracker Crust– you’ll need graham crackers and butter to create a crust as the first layer.
- Chocolate Chip and Butterscotch Chips– the combo of these chips is what give magic bars their unique flavor.
- Pecans and Coconut– there are so many substitution options, but these two ingredient are part of the classic recipe.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk– just pour it over the top!
How to Make 7 Layer Bars
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13×9-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
PRO TIP: Use binder clips to hold parchment paper in place in the baking dish.
STEP 2: Process graham crackers in a food processor until fine crumbs (or beat with meat tenderizer until fine crumbs). Combine with melted better using a fork and pour into the prepared 9×13 baking dish.
Press with the palm of your hand into the bottom of the dish, until a crust forms.
STEP 3: Top crust with semi-sweet chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, sweetened shredded coconut, and pecan chips (or chopped pecans).
STEP 4: Pour one can of sweetened condensed milk over the top.
STEP 5: Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool completely. Slice and enjoy!
How to store Seven Layer Bars
Well, now you have a large pan of 7 layer cookie bars, now what? Cut into squares and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
These cookie bars are also delicious chilled, so you can store them in the refrigerator for up to a week as well.
Can you Freeze 7 Layer Cookie Bars?
I find the best way to freeze these cookie bars is to slice them into the pieces you choose, then slide them into a freeze safe ziploc bag (or container). Freeze for up to 3 months.
When ready to enjoy, thaw overnight at room temperature (or in the refrigerator). ENJOY.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely. Swap out the coconut for 1/2 cup of quick cook oats! You’ll love the flavor and texture!
Instead of butterscotch chips, use peanut butter morsels. Swap out the pecans for mini Reese’s Peanut butter cups (or Reese’s Pieces). SO GOOD.
NO. Please no. It’s not the same. Wax paper works great when making these No Bake Oatmeal Cookies to set them up, but not so great in the oven. Use Parchment paper to line your baking dish!
More Easy dessert recipes
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
- Peanut Butter Revel Bars
- Butterscotch Marshmallow Bars
- Butterscotch Revel Bars
- Raspberry Shortbread Bars
- M&M Cookie Bars
- Oreo Fudge Bars
Seven Layer Cookie Bars Recipe
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs 12 full size crackers
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch morsels
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- ½ cup pecan chips or chopped pecans
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 ounce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13×9 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Process graham crackers using a food processor to make fine crumbs. Add in melted butter. Mix with a fork until crumbly.
- Press crumbs into the bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Top crust with chocolate chips, butterscotch morsels, coconut, and pecans. Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature or refrigerator (MY CHOICE).
- I find the best way to freeze these cookie bars is to slice them into the pieces you choose, then slide them into a freeze safe ziploc bag (or container). Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Instead of butterscotch chips, use peanut butter morsels. Swap out the pecans for mini Reese’s Peanut butter cups (or Reese’s Pieces). SO GOOD.
The Best Seven Layer Cookie Bars recipe is topped with chocolate, butterscotch, coconut, and pecans. You’ll love this decadent dessert!