The BEST Easy Seven Layer Cookie Bars Recipe
7 Layer Cookie Bars Recipe topped with coconut, pecans, chocolate and butterscotch. You’ll love this easy Magic Bar recipe any time of year!
You all may remember a few weeks ago when I shared this delicious Magic Bars recipe.
Well today friends, I’ve got the perfect 7 Layer Bars treat just for you.
Today’s version of Seven Layer Bars is a little more classic, packed with coconut, pecans, and flavorful morsels, I think you’re going to love this one!
The best thing is though, it’s so easy to make swaps. don’t like butterscotch? Add caramel morsels, or white chocolate chips, or M&M’s candy!
Whatever you do, don’t be like me and wait 45 years to try your first Seven Layer Cookie Bar!
How to Make 7 Layer Bars
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13×9-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
STEP 2: Process graham crackers in a food processor until fine crumbs (or beat with meat tenderizer until fine crumbs). Combine with melted better using a fork and pour into the prepared 9×13 baking dish.
Press with the palm of your hand into the bottom of the dish, until a crust forms.
STEP 3: Top crust with semi-sweet chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, sweetened shredded coconut, and pecan chips (or chopped pecans).
STEP 4: Pour one can of sweetened condensed milk over the top.
STEP 5: Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool completely. Slice and enjoy!
How to store Seven Layer Bars
Well, now you have a large pan of 7 layer cookie bars, now what? Cut into squares and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
These cookie bars are also delicious chilled, so you can store them in the refrigerator for up to a week as well.
Can you Freeze 7 Layer Cookie Bars?
I find the best way to freeze these cookie bars is to slice them into the pieces you choose, then slide them into a freeze safe ziploc bag (or container). Freeze for up to 3 months.
When ready to enjoy, thaw overnight at room temperature (or in the refrigerator). ENJOY.
What You’ll Need to Make Seven Layer Cookie Bars
- 13×9 baking pan
- Parchment Paper or Aluminum Foil – for lining the pan!
- Food Processor to make graham cracker crumbs (or use pre-crushed crumbs)
- Small bowl and fork for mixing crust layer
- Unsalted Butter
- Graham Crackers
- Sweetened Condensed Milk- I love using Eagle Brand
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- Butterscotch Chips
FAQ about Magic Bars (7 Layer Bars)
Q: Can I use something instead of coconut?
A: Absolutely. Swap out the coconut for 1/2 cup of quick cook oats! You’ll love the flavor and texture!
Q: Can these be made with Peanut Butter?
A: Instead of butterscotch chips, use peanut butter morsels. Swap out the pecans for mini Reese’s Peanut butter cups (or Reese’s Pieces). SO GOOD.
Q: Can I use wax paper instead of parchment paper?
A. NO. Please no. It’s not the same. Wax paper works great when making these No Bake Oatmeal Cookies to set them up, but not so great in the oven. Use aluminum foil or parchment paper to line your baking dish!
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
If you LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #shugarysweets so I can see it!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
MORE COOKIE BARS
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
- Peanut Butter Revel Bars
- Butterscotch Marshmallow Bars
- Butterscotch Revel Bars
- Raspberry Shortbread Bars
- M&M Cookie Bars
- Oreo Fudge Bars
- MORE Cookie Bar Recipes
7 Layer Cookie Bars Recipe
7 Layer Cookie Bars Recipe topped with coconut, pecans, chocolate and butterscotch. You'll love this easy Magic Bar recipe any time of year!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (12 full size crackers)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch morsels
- 1 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup pecan chips (or chopped pecans)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9 baking dish with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
- Process graham crackers using a food processor to make fine crumbs. Add in melted butter. Mix with a fork until crumbly.
- Press crumbs into the bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Top crust with chocolate chips, butterscotch morsels, coconut, and pecans. Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature or refrigerator (MY CHOICE).
Cuisinart FP-8SV Elemental 8 Cup Food Processor, 8 Cup, 8 Cup
Pyrex Basics 3 Quart Glass Oblong Baking Dish with Red Plastic Lid - 9 inch x 13 Inch
Reynolds Kitchens Parchment Paper (SmartGrid, Non-Stick, 50 Square Foot Roll, 3 Count)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 12mg Sodium: 81mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 15g Protein: 1g
The Best Seven Layer Cookie Bars recipe is topped with chocolate, butterscotch, coconut, and pecans. You’ll love this decadent dessert!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**