The BEST, Easy Magic Cookie Bars recipe is now at your fingertips. You’ll love this 7 layer, chewy treat, that’s so versatile for holidays or any day!
I have a confession.
It took me 45 years to try my first Magic Cookie Bar. And I’m not stopping now!
Have you tried these, or are you wondering, “what is a magic cookie bar?”
Magic Cookies Bars are layers of delicious ingredients that create a chewy, decadent bar….like magic.
I had a bag of pastel M&M’s candies left over in my pantry from Easter, so thought I would use it in this Magic Bar recipe.
How to make Magic Cookie Bars
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13×9 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
STEP 2: Melt butter and combine with graham cracker crumbs. Mix until crumbly.
I used my food processor with 12 full size graham crackers to create fine crumbs. I prefer the flavor over store bought graham cracker crumbs.
STEP 3: Press graham cracker crumbs into bottom of pan. Use the palm of your hand to press firmly.
STEP 4: Top the graham cracker crust with milk chocolate chips, quick cook oats, butterscotch chips, and M&M’S candies (any variety).
STEP 5: Pour one can of sweetened condensed milk all over the top.
STEP 6: Bake for 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool completely.
How to store Magic Bars
I prefer my magic cookie bars chilled. As a newbie who now LOVES this chewy cookie, the butterscotch flavor really shines when chilled.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
How long do Magic Cookie Bars Keep?
I find they are freshest within one week.
Just be sure to keep them in an airtight container.
Can you freeze Magic Bars
After baking and cooling your magic bars recipe, cut into small squares for serving. Slide into a ziploc freezer bag (or freezer safe container) and store for up to 3 months.
Thaw at room temperature overnight and enjoy!
FAQ about Magic Cookie Bars
- Can I add chopped nuts?
YES! Walnuts or Pecans go really well with this magic cookie bar recipe. Just add them on top when you add your chocolate chips!
- Why are these magic bars without coconut?
My husband is not a coconut fan, so I used quick cook oats instead. You can add 1 cup of sweetened, shredded coconut if you prefer (keep or remove the oats, your choice)!
- Can I use steel cut oats instead of the quick cook oats?
That is up to you. Personally I find the steel cut oats too chewy for this recipe, but I’m not a big oatmeal fan.
What you’ll need for Magic Bars
I’m here to convince you that not only are 7 layer bars incredibly delicious, but they’re also easy to make!
Here’s a quick peek at what you’ll need to make these easy cookie bars. Want the full recipe? Scroll down to the end of the post for the printable recipe!
- 13×9 baking pan
- Parchment Paper or Aluminum Foil – for lining the pan!
- Food Processor to make graham cracker crumbs (or use pre-crushed crumbs)
- Small bowl and fork for mixing crust layer
- Unsalted Butter
- Graham Crackers
- Sweetened Condensed Milk- I love using Eagle Brand
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Quick Cook Oats
- Butterscotch Chips
- M&M’S candies (any variety!)
More mix-in ideas: (OPTIONAL)
- peanut butter chips
- white chocolate chips
- Reese’s peanut butter cups
- pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cups of light brown sugar
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
If you LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #shugarysweets so I can see it!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
MORE COOKIE BARS
- Coconut Almond Bars
- Smores Cookie Bars – also with a graham cracker crust!
- Raspberry Shortbread Bars
- Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars
- Gingerbread Cookie Bars
- Cranberry Orange Cookie Bars
- Rainbow Bars
Magic Cookie Bars Recipe:
The BEST, Easy Magic Cookie Bars recipe is now at your fingertips. You'll love this 7 layer, chewy treat, that's so versatile for holidays or any day!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (12 full size crackers)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup quick cook oats
- 1 cup butterscotch morsels
- 1 cup M&M's candies (any variety)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9 baking dish with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
- Process graham crackers using a food processor to make fine crumbs. Add in melted butter. Mix with a fork until crumbly.
- Press crumbs into the bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Top crust with chocolate chips, oats, butterscotch, and M&M'S. Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature or refrigerator (MY CHOICE).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 77mg Carbohydrates: 27g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 21g Protein: 2g
Magic Cookie Bars are an easy, 7 layer cookie dessert. Chewy and decadent, you’ll love these for holidays or bake sales!