S’mores Cookie Bars
S’mores Cookie Bars are soft and chewy treats packed with graham crackers, marshmallow, and chocolate! These S’mores Bars are easy and delicious!
Click HERE to save recipe to PINTEREST
The flavors of this cookie bar comes from the s’more trinity.
You know what that is right?
Graham Crackers. Chocolate. Marshmallows.
You incorporate graham cracker crumbs into the cookie dough, which is the base and the crackly top of these bars.
Then you layer on full size milk chocolate bars and marshmallow creme. Believe me you’re still getting enough of the gooey-ness you love in a classic s’more, only these are way more portable.
Ready to dive in?
HOW TO MAKE SMORES BARS
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch (or 9-inch) baking pan with parchment paper.
PRO TIP: Use binder clips or clothespins to secure parchment paper to baking dish while adding ingredients. Be sure to remove them before baking.
STEP 2: In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar, and brown sugar until creamy. Add in egg and vanilla extract. Add flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt. Mix until blended.
STEP 3: Divide dough in half and press half of the cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Place full size chocolate bars over dough. You only need a single layer, so you may have extra chocolate.
Spread chocolate with marshmallow cream and place remaining dough on top.
STEP 4: Bake for 30-35 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
PRO TIP: We love these bars chilled, and it makes them easier to cut too. Cover and refrigerate to enjoy.
WHAT KIND OF CHOCOLATE TO USE FOR SMORES COOKIES
I prefer to use Hershey’s chocolate bars as they are easy to find, and taste great.
If you can’t find them, use a good quality milk chocolate. You can even use chocolate chips, making a single layer between cookie dough!
HOW TO STORE SMORES BARS
This s’mores bars recipe can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
You can also freeze these cookie bars by sliding into a ziploc freezer bag (or other freezer safe container). Thaw at room temperature overnight.
Personally though, I prefer to keep these gooey S’mores Bars in the refrigerator. I like enjoy them chilled.
PRO TIP: Want them warmed up? Place on a plate in microwave for 15-30 seconds for a gooey treat! Careful the chocolate can get hot fast!
TOOLS NEEDED FOR SMORES COOKIES
One thing I love about making cookie bars is how easy they are to make (no need to scoop individual cookies and repeat over and over).
Today’s recipes only needs a few simple tools that you should already have at home:
- 8-inch square baking dish: In a pinch, this also bakes up just fine in a 9-inch square baking dish! Use what you have. Glass or metal will work just fine.
- Large mixing bowl: I find using a KitchenAid mixer to be easiest (mine is always out on the counter). But if you want to use a hand mixer, that’s perfect too. Just make sure your bowl is large enough so the ingredients don’t go flying out!
- Parchment paper: One look around my website and you’ll see I use parchment paper everywhere. Quick tip: if you can, order it on amazon or buy it at a store like Sam’s or Costco. You’ll get more for your money! You could use foil, just give it a light coating of baking spray (or cooking spray)!
MORE SMORES DESSERT RECIPES
- Golden Grahams Smores Bars
- Smores Cupcakes
- Cookies and Cream Smores Bars
- S’mores Dip
- Smores Cheesecake
- Smores Coffee
- 50+ Smores Recipes
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4-6 full size milk chocolate bars*
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme (7 oz. container)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8-inch square baking pan with foil and grease lightly.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
- Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined. Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Place chocolate bars over dough. You may not need all of the chocolate, you only want a single layer, so break as needed to fit the pan.
- Spread chocolate with marshmallow creme.
- Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the marshmallow layer (most easily achieved by flattening the dough into small pieces and laying them together).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars. Makes 24 bars.
- The brand of chocolate bars you buy will determine how many you need, buy a 6 pack to make sure you have enough.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 98mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 13g Protein: 2g
Recipe originally published April 26, 2014. Photos updated April 2019
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**