This quick and easy S’mores Dip is made with only 3 ingredients and the perfect indoor dessert. No fire pit needed for these gooey S’mores!
Table of Contents
Why this Recipe Works
The classic campfire treat is easy to enjoy any time of year when you turn it into a dip! This S’mores Dip is baked in the oven for an easy treat the whole family will devoir.
- Ooey-gooey s’mores taste.
- No fire pit or skewers needed.
- Makes enough for a crowd.
- An easy 3-ingredient dessert!
If you love no campfire smores, be sure to try this delicious Smores Bars Dessert recipe.
How to make indoor s’mores (dip)
If you love making indoor s’mores, this dip is for you. Easy and ready in minutes.
- First, heat milk chocolate chips in the oven until melted. We used a 9 inch cast iron skillet.
- Now, arrange marshmallows on top. Return the skillet to the oven and bake for a few more minutes, until the marshmallows are softened and toasted on top.
- Serve S’mores Dip warm with plenty of graham crackers for dipping!
Use this easy dip recipe as a canvas for changing up the flavors!
Feel free to use semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate morsels if you prefer those flavors.
Want a peanut butter dip? Try peanut butter chips in place of the chocolate OR use half chocolate morsels and half peanut butter. chocolate + peanut butter + marshmallow? Yes, please.
If you don’t have chocolate chips, you can also use a chocolate bar broken into bite size pieces. Hershey bars are the classic choice! I also love Dove milk chocolate for ‘smores.
Graham crackers are the obvious and delicious choice for this fondue. Marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers were made for each other.
Plain honey, cinnamon and chocolate graham crackers are all a hit with S’mores dip. We also enjoyed dipping pretzel sticks, apple slices, and animal crackers into the dip.
Scoop homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips in the dip for a fun twist!
You can absolutely make S’Mores Dip with mini marshmallows. Use enough miniature marshmallows to fully cover the chocolate.
This indoor S’mores Dip is best served warm within one hour of preparation. After an hour, reheat the dip in the microwave for about 30 seconds to soften it up again (on plates) or in oven.
An 8 or 9 inch square pan or even a pie plate would work beautifully for this dip recipe.
You can make this dip in the microwave, but the results aren’t quite the same. The microwave will soften the marshmallows but not toast them. If you want a true toasty s’mores flavor, the oven is the way to go!
More Potluck Recipes
- Oreo Peanut Butter Dip
- Jalapeno Corn Dip
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- Cheesecake Dip
- Walking Desserts
- Macaroni Salad
- 12 ounce milk chocolate morsels
- 30 marshmallows you’ll need a 10 ounce bag
- pretzels and graham crackers for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Pour the chocolate chips into a small 9-inch skillet (cast iron is perfect).
- Bake in oven for about 3 minutes, until chocolate is melted. Arrange the marshmallows on top (the 30 is an approximate, depending on the size of the skillet).
- Return to the oven and bake an additional 2-3 minutes, until marshmallows are toasted.
- Serve warm dip with graham crackers, pretzels, or fruit.
- Want a peanut butter dip? Try peanut butter chips in place of the chocolate OR use half chocolate morsels and half peanut butter.
- Use a pie plate if you don't have a skillet.
This easy 5-minute, 3 ingredient party dip will knock your socks off! S’mores Dip is the fast fuss free way to enjoy s’mores all year long.