Mouthwatering and perfect, this S’mores Cheesecake recipe is made with marshmallow cream and homemade chocolate ganache. Make the cheesecake ahead of time and top it when you’re ready to enjoy!
Love S’mores? Try our favorite S’mores Stuffed Cookies next! Or give these easy no bake S’mores a try soon.
Why Make S’mores Cheesecake
Many years ago I shared some mini S’more Cheesecakes here on Shugary Sweets. They were made in a cupcake tin, and the flavor was spot on!
Well, fast forward five years, and I thought it was time to use my Cheesecake recipe and make a homemade S’mores Cheesecake.
I put marshmallow cream between the cheesecake and the chocolate ganache. Which was the perfect decision. Although, I have a few tricks on getting it to look amazing!
- Start by baking up one of my Perfect Vanilla Cheesecakes. To get the perfect slice, I recommend baking the cheesecake in advance and FREEZING it. We sliced our cheesecake while frozen to create perfect slivers! We used a graham cracker crust!
- Once you’ve baked, and chilled your cheesecake. Cover it with about 1 cup of marshmallow cream. BUT, be careful. Do not spread it all the way to the edges. I spread it to about 1/2 inch from the edge. It tends to “fluff” up once your pour your ganache over the top, and if the marshmallow goes all the way to the edge, it will ooze all the way over the sides.
- Prepare your ganache according the the recipe and carefully pour it over the top. Make sure NO marshmallow cream is showing. This helps “contain” the marshmallow and limit the chances of it oozing over the edges.
- Immediately press in some mini marshmallows and pieces of chocolate bar for your finishing touch. If desired, give the marshmallow a little “toasting” using a Creme Brulee Torch.
- Keep your cheesecake chilled until ready to serve. ENJOY!
- I like using a 9-inch springform pan. This works great when making cheesecake cakes too, since my cake pans are 9-inch as well!
- Creme Brulee Torch. You’ll want this for toasting up those marshmallows!
- Kitchen Aid Mixer. When it comes to beating cream cheese, I like to set my mixer and walk away while getting other ingredients ready. My kitchen aid is a lifesaver in my kitchen!
- Have you tried this layered Pistachio Cherry Cheesecake? Not only is it a great holiday treat (red/green) but we love it all year long because it’s so dang good!
- Get your chocolate fix with this Triple Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake that will wow the crowd for any special occasion! -courtesy of The Bakermama
- Love no bake cheesecakes? This No Bake Banana Cream Cheesecake recipe is one of our family favorites around here! SO DELICIOUS.
- Speaking of no bake, this No-Bake Baileys Cheesecake is a rich and decadent chocolate cheesecake, but still very light in texture. The cheesecake is flavored with a mixture of cocoa powder and melted chocolate plus Baileys Irish Cream liquor. -courtesy of Beyond Frosting
- In a hurry? Fill a glass with this beautiful NO BAKE Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Parfait! Layer after layer, it’s a delicious dessert recipe any time of year!
Holy moly! Talk about a rich dessert. I don’t know how, but you combined my two all time favorite desserts into one!
Can I just say that I’m drooling over here!!! This looks amazing! I need to make it this Thanksgiving.
Wow, this looks like the best mashup of two of my dessert favorites! Can’t wait to take my first bite.
My two favorite things in one! Delish!
This has my mouth watering! You had me at s’mores!
Smores and cheesecake – it sounds too good to be true but it is SO delicious! We love this recipe.
I can never have enough s’mores! This looks incredible!