Pistachio Cherry Cheesecake
Delicious, No Bake Pistachio Cherry Cheesecake. You’ll love the layers of cookie crust, creamy pistachio cheesecake, cherry pie filling and whipped cream! The perfect holiday dessert idea!
Be sure to sign up for my free email subscription…new recipes in your inbox
This Pistachio Cherry Cheesecake was one of those recipes that sounded perfect in my head, but took a couple tries to perfect.
I thought by substituting a few ingredients every thing would be magically ideal, but that totally did not happen. If you follow me on Instagram (<—-be sure to follow me 😉 ) you may have seen on my instastories a few weeks ago that I made this, and it failed. Upon releasing the springform pan, the upper layers collapsed and fell. The taste was amazing, but it just didn’t HOLD UP.
So, I went back to the drawing board and tweaked my original recipe. With delicious, perfect results. If you love no bake cheesecake, like this Banana Cream Cheesecake, then today’s Pistachio version is going to make you smile. I could live on pistachio desserts. I know, it’s one of those acquired tastes. Not everyone loves them. For instance, this Watergate Cake is one of my favorite cakes. It’s green and packed with nuts, and makes the kids grown and frown because they just don’t “get it.” But one bite, oh lordy, it’s so good.
When making today’s cheesecake, using good quality ingredients made all the difference. No off brands for me, as I think sometimes you need to use reliable trustworthy brands. For me, that includes original Nilla Wafers cookies (I think they just have a better taste than off brand), Philadelphia Cream Cheese (beats up fluffy EVERY time, without fail), and Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling (I find it less watery and packed with more cherries than the off brand version). Just an FYI, this is NOT a sponsored recipe, just sharing what I love 🙂
With that said, go whip up this delicious, creamy cheesecake for your holidays!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
For the Crust:
- 1 box (11 oz) Nilla wafers cookies
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the cheesecake layer:
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 box (3.4 oz) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 can (20 oz) Cherry Pie filling
For the topping:
- 8 oz Cool Whip, thawed
- 4 crushed Nilla wafer cookies, for garnish
- Spray the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor, grind the vanilla wafer (reserving about 4 of them for the garnish) into a fine crumb. Add in the granulated sugar and melted butter and combine together with a fork. Press crust mixture into the bottom of the springform pan. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar for 3-4 minutes until fluffy. Add in whipping cream and pistachio pudding mix. Blend until creamy. Pour onto crust.
- Top with Cherry Pie filling, spreading evenly over the pistachio cheesecake layer. Top with Cool Whip. Crush remaining 4 cookies and sprinkle over the top.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours (or overnight). Remove springform pan right before serving and enjoy!
Hiware 9 Inch Non-stick Cheesecake Pan Springform Pan with Removable Bottom/Leakproof Cake Pan Bakeware with Cleaning Cloth
Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel
KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
More holiday dessert recipes:
- This Grinch Peppermint Fudge is easy to make with no candy thermometer. Plus, it’s super cute too!
- You’ll love this festive Christmas Lasagna Dessert from Erin at Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts. It’s beautifully layered with a pudding filling!
- These Rice Krispies Christmas Wreaths from Kathryn at Family Food on the Table are easy enough for the kids to help! And who doesn’t love a chewy treat??
- Start your holiday with this Cherry Cheesecake Dip. Is it an appetizer or dessert???
- Impress your family and friends with this perfect Christmas Cake Roll from Dorothy at Crazy for Crust. It’s a great way to end your holiday!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**