Fill a glass with this beautiful NO BAKE Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Parfait! Layer after layer, it’s a delicious dessert recipe any time of year!
Mashing up desserts is one of my favorite tricks to dessert making. For instance, our chocolate chip cookie pie is a classic, and reader favorite too!
Table of Contents
Why this Recipe is Best
Easy desserts are my jam. I mean sure, I love baking a decadent, over the top cake from time to time. But most nights? We go the easy route.
And sometimes, I remember to plan ahead and whip up a no bake cheesecake parfait!
This is the perfect recipe to hang on to for summer. If you’re like me, you probably avoid turning on the oven as much as possible.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies – You need crunchy cookies for the crust and the garnish so they hold up. I use Chips Ahoy, but a similar style cookie will work.
- Cream Cheese – Make sure to use the full fat variety and let it soften on the counter for a few minutes so it’s easier to blend. It also helps to use the block-style cream cheese, instead of the tub kind.
- Cool Whip – The whipped topping is added to the cream cheese for a lighter cheesecake consistency. My homemade Stabilized Whipped Cream works if you don’t want to use the store bought version.
- Mini Chocolate Chips – These are folded into the cheesecake layer AND used to garnish the top of the parfaits.
Make the cookie layer. Crush the chocolate chip cookies in a ziploc bag using a rolling pin and then divide between your bowls/jars/glasses.
Make the cheesecake layer. Beat the cream cheese and brown sugar until fluffy, with no lumps. Add in the vanilla extract then fold in 8 oz. of the Cool Whip and half of the mini chocolate chips.
Assemble parfaits. Spoon the cheesecake over the cookie crust in your bowl or glass. Top with remaining Cool Whip and mini chocolate chips. Top with a small cookie (or a broken piece of a full cookie).
Refrigerate then serve. Refrigerate the parfaits for at least 1 hour to allow the cheesecake layer to chill and set up. Serve and enjoy!
Yes, you can assemble the parfaits a few hours in advance and keep them refrigerated until you’re ready to serve. I don’t recommend storing them for more than a few hours, however. The cookie crust layers will get soft and loose their crunch.
Sure! You could also make these parfaits with chocolate or vanilla sandwich cookies, such as Oreos, graham crackers or vanilla wafers. Or another favorite type of crunchy cookie.
The parfait needs to be refrigerated. It will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 hours.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Parfait
- 15 chocolate chip cookies I used Chips Ahoy
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounce Cool Whip thawed, divided
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips divided
- Crush chocolate chip cookies with rolling pin in a ziploc bag. In a bowl, combine melted butter with crushed cookies using a fork. Divide evenly between 4-6 bowls (cups, jars, etc)
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese with brown sugar. Beat on high speed for about 3-4 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl several times. Make sure there are NO lumps. Add in vanilla extract.
- Fold in 8 oz of the Cool Whip and 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips using a wooden spoon. Spoon over crust in jars. Top with remaining Cool Whip and mini chocolate chips. Top with a small chocolate chip cookie (or break a whole one into fourths).
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, giving the cheesecake filling time to chill. ENJOY.
- Roughly crush the cookies. You want them broken down, but not completely in crumbs. A few chunky pieces are OK.
- Make sure to let the cream cheese soften at room temperature for at least 15 minutes before you start the recipe. This helps it whip up better for the cheesecake layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. You want the cheesecake layer to chill and set up before serving.
- The recipe is written to make 4 parfaits, but you can halve or double the recipe as needed.
- Have fun with the toppings! Use extra mini chocolate chips, crushed or whole cookie pieces, chopped candy pieces, a drizzle of chocolate syrup or caramel sauce, sprinkles or any of your favorite garnishes!
- See blog post for more recipe tips and tricks.