Chewy, delicious Cranberry Orange Cookie bars are filled with tangy cranberries and topped with a creamy orange frosting! These make a delicious addition to any holiday celebration or weeknight treat.
Table of Contents
Why this Recipe Works
I’ve been a fan of Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars for years. Today’s cranberry bar recipe is just as delicious but with a zesty orange twist!
- The combination of dried red cranberries and white chocolate chips makes these bars look so pretty on a serving platter.
- The chewy cookie layer is packed with brown sugar sweetness and a hint of cranberry tartness.
- A smooth orange frosting adds an irresistible finish on top!
Cranberry Orange Cookie Bars are amazing around the winter holidays, but you can make them any time of year! They never go out of season.
We serve up some cranberry orange smoothies all winter long!
Orange Zest and Juice. You will use both the zest and juice from an orange in this cookie bar recipe. Zest the orange before juicing to release the most juice.
Melted butter. We prefer unsalted butter in our recipes. Salted butters can vary in saltiness from brand to brand so it’s more difficult to control the taste of the finished dessert. If using salted butter, skip the kosher salt in the recipe.
Sugars. A combination of granulated sugar and brown sugar in the cookie bars adds the perfect amount of chewiness.
Make the cookie layer.
Beat melted butter with white and brown sugars. Add eggs and vanilla extract, then dry ingredients and orange zest.
Fold in white chocolate morsels and dried cranberries. Press the batter into a prepared baking dish. Bake for about 20 minutes.
For the frosting recipe.
Beat butter with orange juice and powdered sugar until smooth and combined. When the cookie bars are fully cooled, spread the orange frosting evenly on top.
Slice into squares before serving.
Tips and Tricks
- Transfer leftover cookie bars to an airtight container. Store at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Grease your baking dish lightly or spray with baking spray before adding the cookie batter.
- Use store bought orange juice instead of squeezing your own, if preferred.
- Try our cream cheese frosting with zested oranges for a tangy twist. Or pair these bars with sour cream frosting!
- Love cranberry orange? Try our easy cranberry orange fudge next! Or whip up a few loaves of cranberry orange bread.
I use a microplane grater or zesting tool to zest my orange. Hold the orange over a bowl and run the grater over the skin to remove the zest. Make sure to use only the orange colored part of the skin, not the bitter white rind.
Yes, you can still enjoy these Cranberry Orange Bars! If using salted butter, do not add kosher salt to the cookie batter.
Yes, you can keep these in the freezer (frosted or unfrosted) for 2 to 3 months. Let thaw in the refrigerator before enjoying.
More Easy Bars and Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- 7 Layer Bars
- Smores Cookies
- Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
Cranberry Orange Cookie Bars
For the cookie bars:
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 package white chocolate chips 11 ounce
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 1 orange zested (about 1 Tablespoon)
For the frosting:
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice
- In a large mixing bowl, beat melted butter with sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fully combined. Add flour, baking soda, kosher salt, orange zest and beat until blended. Fold in dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Press cookie dough into a lightly greased 15x10x1inch baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 18-22 minutes. Remove and cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, beat butter, powdered sugar and orange juice for 3-5 minutes until fluffy. Spread evenly over cooled cookie bars.
- Cut and enjoy.
- Store in airtight container for up to 5 days.
Chewy and citrusy Cranberry Orange Cookie Bars are the perfect balance of sweet and tangy! You’ll love the easy orange glaze and morsels of white chocolate in every bite.