Cranberry Orange Cookie Bars
Celebrate with these Cranberry Orange Cookie Bars. Chewy, delicious cookie bars with a creamy orange frosting!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox
It’s no secret I spend a lot of time in my kitchen. It’s the place where good things turn into great things.
For instance, these Cranberry Orange Cookie Bars. I baked a batch of these cookies (without the frosting). They were delicious, chewy and perfect.
So I thought.
A friend of mine came over and while we were sipping on some hot coffee and enjoying thesevcookie bars, she suggested I make a creamy frosting.
Seriously? How did I not think to add a frosting? It was one of those DUH moments. We talked a little bit about the flavor of the frosting, what would be delicious, what would be just okay. I also told her about my secret to making creamy frosting. You have to whip the butter, by itself with an electric mixer, for about 4-5 minutes before adding anything else. The butter will turn pale in color. Then add all your ingredients and whip again until smooth and blended. Oh my…that’s my secret friends!!!
The very next day I whipped up some Cranberry cookie bars WITH frosting. I tell you, friends can be the best influencers. There is nothing like sitting an enjoying a cup of coffee with someone. But when they help me to create an out of this world treat, well, they become BEST FRIENDS.
Do you ever find yourself in the kitchen with friends or family and having your whole conversation revolve around food? It’s pretty much my life in summary.
For the cookie bars:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 package (11oz) white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 orange, zested (about 1 Tbsp)
For the frosting:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp orange juice
- In a large mixing bowl, beat melted butter with sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fully combined. Add flour, baking soda, kosher salt, orange zest and beat until blended. Fold in dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Press cookie dough into a lightly greased 15x10x1inch baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 18-22 minutes. Remove and cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, beat butter, powdered sugar and orange juice for 3-5 minutes until fluffy. Spread evenly over cooled cookie bars.
- Cut and enjoy.
- Store in airtight container for up to 5 days.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 23mg Sodium: 43mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 15g Protein: 1g
Also, check out BonAppetit.com‘s “OUT OF THE KITCHEN,” an exploration of the coolest food artisans in America, from spice blenders to knife makers to cider brewers. See how they mastered their crafts—and learn how to apply their knowledge at home.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bon Appetit. The opinions and text are all mine.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**