Chewy, fudgy chocolate chip cookie bars topped with chocolate fudge and rainbow M&M’S. Only 4 ingredients needed to make Rainbow Fudge Cookie Bars!
Table of Contents
Four Ingredient Cookie Bars
Sometimes you don’t want to run all over the store tracking down the ingredients you need to make a delicious dessert.
When you don’t have the time or the energy for a complicated cookie bar recipe, these easy four ingredient fudge cookie bars are the solution! Not to be confused with these 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies!
Starting with a roll of cookie dough, you can make a layered cookie bar that’s full of chocolate and topped with a crunchy layer of M&Ms.
The colorful candies add a rainbow splash to these cookie bars that’s just right for a birthday party!
Here’s all you need to make fudge cookie bars:
- Cookie dough – Use a 30 ounce package of your favorite chilled chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Chocolate chips – I used milk chocolate, but semi sweet would work too for a darker chocolate flavor.
- Mini M&Ms – Use the package of baking M&Ms for best results or swap full sized M&Ms if preferred.
How to Make Rainbow Cookie Bars
First, bake the cookie bars.
You can make the fudge layer for these bars using your microwave! I heat the condensed milk and the chocolate morsels together in the microwave for 30 second increments.
Stir between each interval and repeat until the fudge mixture is smooth and all the chocolate is fully melted. For me, this takes about 90 – 120 seconds total of microwave time.
Then, you pour the fudge layer over a baked layer of cookie dough, top with M&Ms and let the bars chill in the fridge until the fudge layer is set. This takes at least 2 hours but you could also make them in advance to let the fudge chill over night.
Slice the bars and store in an airtight container until ready to eat.
Sure thing! Make sure to make the equivalent of 30 ounces of dough so you have enough for the bottom layer of these bars.
I made mine in a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking sheet.
No. Once the fudge is set they keep just fine at room temperature!
A chewy layer of chocolate chip cookies, a rich layer of fudge and colorful M&Ms make these Rainbow Fudge Cookie Bars so delightful.
More Birthday Desserts
- Some version of an Ice Cream Cake tends to be the “treat of choice” for several of my children each year!
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cake: a show stopper of a cake, that tastes like our favorite ice cream!
- Dark Chocolate Cake with Vanilla frosting. The world’s most perfect chocolate cake recipe.
- Birthday Cake Biscotti: this is the perfect way to send your favorite person a birthday wish. Bake a batch of biscotti and ship it! It keeps well when shipping!
- Rainbow Buttercream board.
- Birthday Cake. Our classic yellow cake with chocolate frosting is a great way to celebrate the big day!
Rainbow Fudge Cookie Bars
- 1 package 30 ounce refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 can 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package 11 ounce milk chocolate morsels
- 1 package 12 ounce m&m minis (for baking)
- Press cookie dough into a lightly greased 15x10x1-inch baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. Remove and cool slightly.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk with chocolate morsels. Heat for 30 seconds, stir, and heat an additional 30 seconds. Stir until smooth and creamy. Spread evenly over baked cookie bars.
- Sprinkle immediately with m&m minis. You can use regular sized candies if you prefer.
- Refrigerate until fudge layer sets up (about 2 hours, or overnight). Store in airtight container. ENJOY
- Can I use homemade cookie dough? Sure thing! Make sure to make the equivalent of 30 ounces of dough so you have enough for the bottom layer of these bars.
- I made mine in a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking sheet.
- Once the fudge is set they keep just fine at room temperature!