It doesn’t get any easier than these 3 ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies. Whip up a batch of delicious homemade peanut butter cookies that are naturally flour-free and dairy-free!
This 3 ingredient cookies recipe will blow you away. For more peanut butter goodness, try our Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies too! Or make a batch of this No Bake Peanut Butter Lasagna for the ultimate dessert.
Table of Contents
Why this Recipe Works
Including cooling time, these cookies will be ready to eat in under 30 minutes! I always keep the ingredients for these Peanut Butter Cookies on hand so I can make a fresh batch at a moment’s notice.
While my classic peanut butter cookie recipe is amazing, today’s cookie has value all on it’s own!
- Only three ingredients.
- No flour needed.
- Quick and easy.
- Classic criss-cross pattern.
- Amazing peanut butter flavor!
Peanut Butter Cookies. From scratch. In minutes. What could be better?
All you need to make peanut butter cookies:
- Peanut Butter. I use creamy, sweetened peanut butter. Do not use natural peanut butter. It makes cookies oily and crumbly.
- Granulated sugar.
Once you mix the ingredients together, just scoop onto a pan, bake, cool and enjoy!
- Chocolate chips. Fold morsels into the dough before baking for a tasty twist.
- Crunchy cookies. Fold chopped peanuts into the dough for a nutty crunch.
- Flavored peanut butter. Try different flavored peanut butters to change it up. Just make sure the peanut butter is not “natural style”.
Tips & Tricks
How to make the criss cross pattern. Press the flat side of a fork onto the top of each cookie before baking. Rotate the fork 90 degrees and press again. Make sure to use gentle pressure so you don’t tear the cookie.
Do not over bake. Cookies should be lightly browned on the bottom but not dark. These cookies can go from delightfully crispy to burnt in no time so keep an eye on that timer.
Cool completely. Resist the temptation to gobble the cookies down right away. They taste best when allowed to cool to room temperature.
Add Jelly. My peanut butter and jelly cookies are made using this easy peanut butter cookie recipe!
Freeze Cookies. Use my tips on how to freeze cookie dough for later.
Natural peanut butters (the kind you have to keep in the refrigerator) do not contain any stabilizers. As a result, the oils separate from the peanuts. That’s why you have to stir natural peanut butter before using. When used in baking, the oils rise to the surface of the cookie. The result is a greasy, crumbly cookie that won’t hold together.
When cookies get dry and crumbly, over baking is usually the culprit. Crunchy peanut butter will also make the cookies more crumbly.
Store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for about 3 days.
Yes, peanut butter cookies keep well in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate M&M Cookies
- Oatmeal Scotchies
- Cool Whip Cookies
- S’mores Cookies
- Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, sugar and egg. Mix until well combined. Scoop into 1 Tbsp balls and drop onto cookie sheet.
- Using the tines of a fork, flatten cookie dough with criss-cross of fork tines.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned. Allow to cool completely.
- I do not recommend natural peanut butter in this recipe, as it can be too oily.
- Mix-ins: add some chocolate chips for a tasty twist.
Everyone loves 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies! Simple delicious treats that are perfect paired with a glass of milk.