Oreo Cheesecake Cookies. Cream cheese and white cake mix combine to create a soft, heavenly cookie. Fold in crushed Oreos and you have an incredible cookies and cream treat!
Once you learn how to make Cream Cheese Cookies, you won’t be able to stop. They’re perfect for adding all your favorite mix-ins–like in today’s Oreo Cheesecake Cookie recipe. We also love these cream cheese sugar cookies for a fun and festive cut out cookie!
Table of Contents
Why this Recipe Works
This recipe creates a tender and soft cookie that’s flecked with Oreos!
The cream cheese helps balance the sweetness of the white cake and the Oreo cookies. Then, the egg whites hold everything together while keeping the cookies light, puffy and soft.
Adding crushed Oreo cookie pieces to a basic cheesecake cookie was too tempting to pass up! You’ll love the cookies and cream flavor in these impressively delicious cookies.
If you love stuffing desserts with oreos, you’ve got to try our easy slutty brownies next!
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Cream cheese. Full fat cream cheese is best. Do not use spreadable cream cheese in this recipe.
- Oreo cookies. I use original Oreos. Double stuffed Oreos or chocolate creme filled Oreos would be delicious too.
- White cake mix. Any brand you like!
- Egg whites. Save the yolks for making Easy Homemade Lemon Curd later.
- Vanilla. Use my recipe for homemade Vanilla Extract for tastiest vanilla flavor.
First, crush the Oreos. You don’t need to make fine crumbs. Just place the cookies in a zipped plastic bag and use a mallet to smash them. One “smash” per cookie should do it!
Beat butter and cream cheese together, then mix in egg whites and vanilla. Beat in the cake mix until just combined.
Fold in crushed Oreos and scoop dough onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle the tops with a few more crushed Oreos.
Bake until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly browned, about 12 – 14 minutes. Transfer the Oreo Cheesecake Cookies to a wire rack to cool.
These taste delicious the same day but they keep their soft, melt-in-your mouth quality even the next day!
Tips and Tricks
- Do not overmix. After adding the cake mix, stir the dough until all ingredients are just combined. Over mixing will result in dense cookies. You want them light and fluffy!
- Do not over bake. When in doubt, err on the side of under baking for these cookies for best results. They will still look soft when you remove them from the oven.
- Storing: Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature and enjoy within 3 days.
- Freezing: Oreo Cheesecake Cookies keep well in the freezer for about 3 months.
- No Bake dessert. Be sure to give our easy no bake mini oreo cheesecakes a try next!
Not exactly. They have a subtle cream cheese flavor and a soft consistency. But they are definitely cookies in taste and texture. For an Oreo Cheesecake recipe, try my No Bake Oreo Cheesecake!
If the middle of the cookie is underbaked but the outside is golden brown, you may be using too much dough per cookie.
You can also flatten the tops just a bit with your hand right before baking. This will help the center cook through more evenly.
This recipe yields about 3 dozen cookies.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- Subway Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Recipe
- Peanut butter cookie recipe
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Cookies
Oreo Cheesecake Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box white cake mix
- 15 Oreo cookies crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Crush Oreos in a ziploc bag, just one smash per Oreo with a meat tenderizer should be enough (you don’t need to make fine crumbs here).
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and cream cheese together. Beat in egg whites and vanilla extract.
- Add white cake mix and beat just until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Fold in all but a couple tablespoons of the crushed Oreo cookies.
- Using a 2 Tbsp cookie scoop, spoon dough onto cookie sheet about 2-inches apart. Press a few of the reserved crumbs onto the tops of each cookie.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, just until the bottoms become lightly browned. Don’t overbake!
- Remove from oven and cool cookies on a wire rack.
- Cream Cheese- do not use spreadable cream cheese here.
- Vanilla extract- my homemade vanilla extract is perfect for today’s recipe!
- Do not Overbake or overmix these cookies. They should be light and fluffy.
- STORAGE: store cooled cookies in airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Or freeze cookies in airtight freezer safe container for up to three months.
Cheesecake cookies are even better when you pack them with Oreo pieces! These bite sized treats are addictively good. You won’t be able to stop at just one!