If you love sweet cheese ball recipes, this Oreo Cookies and Cream Cheese Ball Recipe for Game Day is going to knock your socks off! Perfect football game day snack!
Love football? Try our favorite Chocolate Oatmeal Cream pies shaped like footballs. SO fun and festive for game day. Serve up a big pot of chili and have a party!
Table of Contents
Why this Recipe is Best
As a good loyal football fan (haha) I enjoy making football treats. Remember these Pumpkin Football Blondies and these Peppermint Patty Footballs? Or how about these Cocoa Krispies Treats?
Don’t even get me started on all the snacks and dips for this time of year!
It’s no secret I love making cheese balls. Savory? Sure. But it’s the sweet cheese ball that has my heart.
Wondering why this is the best cheese ball for your party?
- Only 5 minutes prep
- Packed with Oreos
- Chills for an hour, OR can be eaten immediately
- Shaped like a football (but can also be served in a bowl for any time of year)
- Loved by kids and adults
More Cookies and Cream: Oreo Fudge | Oreo Cheesecake Bites
You’ll only need SIX ingredients for today’s football dessert.
- Butter- room temperature for easy blending. Use UNSALTED too.
- Cream Cheese- it’s what gives this dip it’s name “cheese ball”
- Oreos- smash them in a ziploc bag, keeping some chunks, you don’t want them to be fine crumbs. No need to scrape out the filling, use the whole Oreo.
- Chocolate Syrup- adds to the chocolate flavor, and helps bind it all together. Use our homemade chocolate syrup for the best flavor!
- Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Chips- I use mini semi-sweet for this dip, but milk chocolate works great too!
Step by Step Instructions
- Make the filling. Cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar together. Remove a spoonful for the “laces.” Put it aside in a ziploc bag.
- Add the Chocolate. Add the crushed oreos and chocolate syrup! Shape into a football. Refrigerate or if serving immediately, keep going!
- Shape. Using your hands, press the chocolate chips into the cheese ball.
- Laces. Using the ziploc bag, snip off the corner and pipe the white filling onto the cheese ball to resemble laces.
We love servings this sweet cheeseball with pretzels and nilla wafers.
You could also add some ritz crackers, for a sweet and salty twist!
Some apple slices and strawberries are also delicious with today’s cheeseball recipe.
Want to change up the flavor a little?
- Swap the Oreos for Nutter Butters and use peanut butter morsels as a topping (you could shape like a basketball for March Madness)!
- Add golden Oreos to the filling with toffee bits.
- Crush Chips Ahoy cookies for a chocolate chip cookie cheeseball!
This sweet Oreo Cheese Ball can be made 24 hours in advance!
The cream cheese in a cheeseball adds lots of flavor and tang. You could use all butter instead, or swap out the cream cheese for mascarpone cheese. Just be sure to adjust the sugar for proper consistency.
I don’t recommend freezing this cheeseball.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
- Turtle Cheese Ball: so many delicious ingredients in this one! Caramel, Pecans, Chocolate Chips!
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball: the sweet cherries in this cheese ball are spectacular! Perfect for Valentine’s Day too!
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
- Banana Pudding
- Rice Krispie Treats– shape like a football for game day!
Cookies and Cream Cheese Ball
- 1 package cream cheese, softened 8 ounce
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 18 Oreos crushed
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter for 3 minutes. Add powdered sugar and beat an additional 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Remove a spoonful (about 2-3 Tbsp) and place in a small ziploc bag. Seal and set aside.
- To the bowl of cream cheese, add chocolate syrup and crushed Oreo cookies. Blend completely.
- Line a large bowl with plastic wrap. Drop the cream cheese mixture into the plastic wrap lined bowl. Fold up the plastic around the cheese ball. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Remove plastic wrap and shape cheese ball into a football on a serving plate. Press chocolate chips into top and sides until completely covered. Using your reserved baggie of cream cheese mixture, snip off the corner and pipe “laces” onto your cheese ball.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Enjoy with pretzels, apples, or Nilla wafers.
- We love servings this sweet cheeseball with pretzels and nilla wafers. You could also add some ritz crackers, for a sweet and salty twist! Some apple slices and strawberries are also delicious with today’s cheeseball recipe.
- Want to change up the flavor a little? Swap the Oreos for Nutter Butters and use peanut butter morsels as a topping (you could shape like a basketball for March Madness)! Add golden Oreos to the filling with toffee bits. Crush Chips Ahoy cookies for a chocolate chip cookie cheeseball!
This was so easy to make but everyone at the Super Bowl party was so impressed! I doubled it because we had a large crowd and it was very tasty. I loved it with the pretzels!
I have made this recipe three times and everyone loves it!! It is super easy and delicious.
This was a huge hit! I’ll admit making a “cream cheese ball” kinda turned me off at first but just think of it as Oreo cheesecake dip…but better. I used green apples, strawberries and pretzels to dip. People were also just eating it by the spoonful that’s how good it was. And you can easily mold the dip into anything (I did a football for Super Bowl but plan to do a bunny for Easter!) for a fun holiday treat!
Ha! Love it 🙂
This was amazing and easy! My 9 year old daughter made it with me for our super bowl party. I think this will be a staple for all our game day celebrations. We used the pretzel chips located in the deli section of our grocery store.
I made this on three occasions and it was a hit every time.
First off, you had me at Oreo.
Secondly, this is the kind of cheese ball I would devour in a heartbeat! The fact that you’re basically dipping cookies into a ball of cookies sounds like pure heaven to me.
I’m SO on board with this recipe!
Gonna try it today only! wish me luck 😛
Do you crush Oreos after removing the cream?
Nope, I crush them with the filling too!
Hi what are the measurements for the powdered sugar and chocolate syrup? Looks so good