Chewy, sweet Butterscotch Marshmallow Bars. Packed with brown sugar, butterscotch, chocolate chips and marshmallow, it’s like a s’mores dessert!
Why this Recipe Works
Butterscotch is like the forgotten flavor.
It’s so rich and delicious, but people always tend to choose chocolate, peanut butter, or lemon desserts over butterscotch.
But can I be honest here? I think Butterscotch is my favorite of all flavors. Today’s Butterscotch Marshmallow Bars are a hidden gem of a dessert.
It’s what you get when you want a Butterscotch s’more. Something sweet and gooey…that’s not all chocolate.
And when you eat these chilled out of the refrigerator? Whole new level of flavor!
How to make Butterscotch Marshmallow Bars
Prep. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13×9 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
Melt Butterscotch. In a small glass bowl (or other microwave safe bowl), melt butterscotch morsels with butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, heat an additional 30 seconds. Stir, if not smooth yet, heat an additional 15 seconds.
Fold in marshmallows and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
Bake for 18-22 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely.
Refrigerate at least one hour. Cut into bars and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Parchment Paper. Definitely use it. It will keep these gooey, sticky bars from sticking to the pan. Don’t accidentally use foil or wax paper, won’t have the same results.
- Storage. These bars taste best when chilled, but can be stored in airtight container at room temperature.
- Freeze. You can freeze these bars by wrapping in plastic wrap then sliding into freezer safe ziploc or airtight container. Freee for up to 3 months.
- Substitutions. Swap out the butterscotch morsels for peanut butter morsels. You’re welcome!
More Butterscotch Desserts
- These are what you get when butterscotch meets Snickerdoodle. Chewy on the inside, crunchy on the outside, these Butterscotch Cookies only get better with time! You’ll love the sugar coating!
- No Bake Haystack Cookies are just the thing to satisfy your intense sweet tooth cravings. It’s the ideal recipe for little hands to help, too! And is packed with butterscotch flavor!
- Creamy, melt in your mouth Butterscotch Fudge is an easy recipe to make any time of year! This fudge requires NO candy thermometer!
- Chewy and sweet, these Butterscotch Revel Bars are a wonderful dessert to make for your next potluck, bake sale or party. They are also a great treat to bake and freeze for school lunches!
- Thick and delicious, these chewy brown sugar Butterscotch Blondies are the perfect dessert!