Thick and Chewy Brown Sugar Butterscotch Blondies
Chewy and delicious, these brown sugar Butterscotch Blondies are the perfect dessert!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
There’s a lot of confusion when it comes to blondies. Some people claim they are just vanilla brownies. Some say they are just plain cookie bars.
Personally, I think they are their own unique dessert. Made with brown sugar and vanilla, they have a very chewy texture. For today’s recipe, I added in Butterscotch morsels to accentuate the caramelized flavor in these delicious treats!
My big question is just like with a brownie, do you prefer the chewy corner or the gooey center?
How to make Butterscotch Blondies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter with brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Slowly add dry ingredients and fold in butterscotch chips.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown. Cool completely before cutting.
FAQ about blondies:
- Q: What makes blondies chewy?
A: Much like a brownie, blondies are made with brown sugar which adds the chewy texture to them!
- Q: Can you freeze blondies?
A: Absolutely! After baking and cooling, lift the blondies out of the pan with the parchment paper. You can then slide the whole blondie into a gallon sized ziploc bag. Or cut it into pieces first.
- Q: Can I make blondies without butter and use margarine instead?
A: Well, yes, but I wouldn’t recommend it! I’m all for using generic or substitutions when possible…but the butter in a blondie gives it such a rich texture!
Love today’s Blondie recipe? Here are some similar recipes:
- Easy, chewy, Nutella Swirled Blondies. Topped with ice cream, melted Nutella and sprinkles! Perfect way to celebrate that special occasion!
- Delicious, chewy Candy Bar Blondies! This easy dessert recipe is made in one bowl, no mixer required! Add in your favorite candy bars!
- These White Chocolate Brownies are the opposite of a traditional Brownie, but different than a Blondie….see the recipe for yourself!
- Chewy, nutty Pecan Pie Blondies are the perfect Fall treat! Or bake them all year long!
- Fireworks Blondies from Crazy for Crust– this EASY blondie recipe is the BEST EVER COOKIE BAR! It’s so soft and perfect with any additions, but especially with 4th of July M&Ms and sprinkles!
- Blueberry White Chocolate Blondies Recipe from A Spicy Perspective- Decadent homemade blondies speckled with fresh blueberries and white chocolate chips.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Butterscotch Blondies Recipe:
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**