Chewy and delicious, these brown sugar Butterscotch Blondies are the perfect dessert!
There’s a lot of confusion when it comes to blondies. Some people claim they are just vanilla brownies. Some say they are just plain cookie bars.
Personally, I think they are their own unique dessert.
Made with brown sugar and vanilla, they have a very chewy texture. For today’s recipe, I added in Butterscotch morsels to accentuate the caramelized flavor in these delicious treats!
My big question is just like with a brownie, do you prefer the chewy corner or the gooey center?
How to make Butterscotch Blondies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter with brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Slowly add dry ingredients and fold in butterscotch chips.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown. Cool completely before cutting.
- Q: What makes blondies chewy?
A: Much like a brownie, blondies are made with brown sugar which adds the chewy texture to them!
- Q: Can you freeze blondies?
A: Absolutely! After baking and cooling, lift the blondies out of the pan with the parchment paper. You can then slide the whole blondie into a gallon sized ziploc bag. Or cut it into pieces first.
- Q: Can I make blondies without butter and use margarine instead?
A: Well, yes, but I wouldn’t recommend it! I’m all for using generic or substitutions when possible…but the butter in a blondie gives it such a rich texture!
More Blondie Recipes
- Easy, chewy, Nutella Swirled Blondies. Topped with ice cream, melted Nutella and sprinkles! Perfect way to celebrate that special occasion!
- Delicious, chewy Candy Bar Blondies! This easy dessert recipe is made in one bowl, no mixer required! Add in your favorite candy bars!
- These White Chocolate Brownies are the opposite of a traditional Brownie, but different than a Blondie….see the recipe for yourself!
- Chewy, nutty Pecan Pie Blondies are the perfect Fall treat! Or bake them all year long!
- Blueberry White Chocolate Blondies Recipe from A Spicy Perspective- Decadent homemade blondies speckled with fresh blueberries and white chocolate chips.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Swedish Heirloom Cookies
- Brown Sugar Pound Cake
- Apple Crumble Recipe