Easter Blondies filled with pastel candy! Chewy blondie recipe with festive m&m’s or mini eggs! Easy one pan recipe.
Table of Contents
Why Bake Blondies
These thick, chewy blondies are so delicious and will looks beautiful on your Easter dessert table!
Fudgy brownies tend to get all the attention (for a good reason) but I often forget how much I love blondies!
- Texture. With a texture that’s somewhere between thick fudgy brownies and chewy cookies, blondies are especially wonderful when they have candy folded in.
- Easy. I’m a big fan of easy desserts that don’t take a lot of steps and blondies definitely fit the bill. It’s as easy as making drop cookies but you don’t even have to scoop the dough into balls! Just press everything in the dish and bake.
Love chewy blondies? Try our pumpkin blondies next!
Ingredients for Blondie Bars
Here’s what you need to make delicious chewy blondies: Be sure to scroll down to our recipe card for measurements and directions.
- Brown sugar– gives these blondies the chewy texture like brownies.
- Butter – Melting the butter achieves a chewy texture as well.
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Vanilla – be sure to use pure vanilla extract, or try our homemade vanilla extract.
- Salt – Here’s why I always use kosher salt in my baking.
- Pastel Candy- whether you choose holiday M&M’s or Hershey eggs, toss in your favorites.
Mix In Ideas
Blondies are easy to make an so adaptable to all kinds of add ins and toppings. This recipe makes perfect blondies for any time of year, not just Easter!
You can skip adding the candy altogether for a straightforward basic blondie, or substitute with another chocolate coated candy. Here are some other delicious ideas to add to your blondies:
- Chocolate chips – Milk chocolate, dark chocolate or semi-sweet
- Peanut butter cups – Mini sized or full sized chopped into pieces
- M&Ms – Red and green M&Ms turn these into holiday treats!
- Reese’s pieces
- Peanut butter chips
- Butterscotch chips
- White chocolate chunks (with or without and macadamia nuts!)
Get creative and have fun making your own crowd pleasing blondies!
Store: I keep my cut blondies bars in an airtight container at room temperature. They’ll last about a week, but mine always disappear within a day or two because we love them so much.
Can you freeze blondies?
Yes! These bars freeze beautifully. Cut into bars, then freeze with sheets of wax paper between layers of bars to keep them from sticking together. Let thaw and enjoy.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
- Try these Pecan Pie Blondies and these Nutella Swirled Blondies next.
- Prefer a dark chocolate brownie? I’ve got ya covered!
- Chocolate Zucchini Brownies are the decadent chocolatey way to use up that garden squash.
- Looking for the best peanut butter cookies? I’ve got you.
- Chocolate Chip cookie pie is a delicious option when you’re craving cookies AND pie.
- Bunny butt cheese ball is the perfect holiday treat.
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups M&M’s candy any variety
- Combine brown sugar, butter eggs and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Fold in candy. Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Press dough into pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes. Remove and cool completely. Cut into 16 bars.
- If you’d like more of the M&M’s to be inside the blondies, put ¾ cup of M&M’s into the batter, then sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup on top. I actually did half and half because some M&M’s sink into the batter while cooking and this shows more of them on the top.
- Store: I keep my cut blondies bars in an airtight container at room temperature. They’ll last about a week, but mine always disappear within a day or two because we love them so much.
- Can you freeze blondies? Yes! These bars freeze beautifully. Cut into bars, then freeze with sheets of wax paper between layers of bars to keep them from sticking together. Let thaw and enjoy.
Blondies made with love are extra appealing with the addition of chocolate Easter eggs! Make these for your next springtime party or as the finale for your family’s Easter dinner .