Creamy, melt in your mouth Butterscotch Fudge is an easy recipe to make any time of year! This fudge requires NO candy thermometer!
Sometimes it’s the most simple of flavors that tempt our taste buds. For me, that flavor is BUTTERSCOTCH.
I don’t bake nearly often enough with this flavor. If I did, I probably would weigh twice as what I do now because I have zero self control when it comes to butterscotch flavored desserts.
As I was wracking my brain about what my next fudge recipe should be…BUTTERSCOTCH FUDGE just kept jumping out at me.
I wanted to come up with something fun, and festive, and maybe add nuts, or chocolate, or sprinkles…but you know what? This simple (possibly boring looking) fudge is perfect. Seriously. It doesn’t need anything drizzled over the top. No chunky nuts to chew on. And it definitely doesn’t need sprinkles. The rich flavor of butterscotch is absolutely perfect.
I may or may not have had a slight problem with over eating when it came to this treat…which is why I enlisted my friends on facebook to help out! One simple shout out “FREE FUDGE TO GOOD HOME” was all I needed to do to share the love of this delicious dessert with my friends. Within the hour I was able to rid my home of this treat…but between you and I, (well, and I guess the internet) I kept a little bowl in the back of my fridge for later.
Knowing How to Make Fudge is a simple trick that will make you the hit of every party! Making fudge is easier than you think and it is so easy to personalize with your favorite ingredients and flavor combinations.
How to make Butterscotch Fudge
- Have all your ingredients on hand before starting. Line an 8inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add your butterscotch morsels and marshmallow cream to a mixing bowl before starting (no need to stir, just dump them in there).
- When you boil your sugar, cream and butter mixture bring it to a ROLLING BOIL. No need for a candy thermometer, just set a timer for 4 minutes. Stirring constantly, continue to boil.
- After 4 minutes, pour this hot mixture over your butterscotch and marshmallow. Using an electric mixer, blend until smooth (and butterscotch is melted). Mine takes about 1 minute. Immediately pour into prepared baking dish.
- REFRIGERATE for 3-4 hours until firm. Slice and enjoy. This can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature, however, I LOVE the butterscotch flavor chilled!
Who will YOU make this fudge for today?
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**