Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
Crunchy Biscotti with Cranberry, Pistachio and White Chocolate. I love keeping some biscotti on hand during the holiday season!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
How are you all with a sense of humor? Apparently some of my readers had a hard time with a cartoon I posted on facebook. Here’s the photo:
I found it funny, personally. I didn’t expect so many negative comments. But the best is the dozen emails/messages I received in private telling me how “sick I am” and how “anti Thanksgiving I must be.”
Ummm, PEOPLE. It’s a cartoon picture depicting CARTOON characters at dinner. They are puppets who can’t even eat. And I didn’t EAT Big Bird. He’s a cartoon character so that would be impossible.
But if he were real, imagine how many people he could feed.
So, this really has nothing to do with today’s recipe, except for the fact that I am sharing a non Thanksgiving recipe today. I mean, you are more than welcome to make this biscotti and enjoy it with your coffee on Thanksgiving morning, but it’s not mashed potatoes or turkey.
And it has nothing to do with the fact that I am anti-Thanksgiving. Or anti-Big Bird for that matter. Although I am more of an Elmo fan. And Oscar the Grouch. But I would never eat them. Cause they are cartoon characters.
Okay, so let’s chat one more time about Biscotti. I love cranberry and white chocolate together! I think they are a perfect pair.
Like peanut butter and jelly
…macaroni and cheese
…Big Bird and Snuffleupagus (sorry, had to go there).
I added in some chopped pistachios too. They add not only to the flavor of this biscotti, but I love the red/green color of the craisins and pistachios! Perfect for the holiday season!
And trust me when I say biscotti is easy to make. I don’t lie (I really did not EAT or never plan to EAT big bird).
It also keeps really well in an airtight ziploc bag too, so you can enjoy one every morning! You’re welcome!
We love Craisins! Here are a few of our favorite recipes….
Cranberry and White chocolate cookies. These are the bomb!
Not only do we love Craisins, but we LOVE Biscotti. It’s such an easy thing to create and keep on hand for breakfast! Especially perfect for holiday guests and gift giving!
My favorite coffee house flavor is now my favorite biscotti: Caramel Macchiato
Check out my Breakfast Table Goodies Pinterest Board for more delicious ideas!
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
Yield: 12 large biscotti
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (Craisins)
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- 8 oz white chocolate candy coating (vanilla Candiquik), melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar until combined, about 2 minutes. Add in eggs and vanilla. Slowly add flour and baking powder. Mix until thoroughly blended. Fold in cranberries and pistachios.
- On prepared baking sheet, shape dough into a 12 inch by 5 inch rectangle, that is about 1/2 inch thick. I use a little extra flour on my hands to keep the dough from sticking.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Using a pizza cutter or serrated knife, slice biscotti into 12, one inch wide slices. Lay each slice on it's side, separating them on the baking sheet.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes. Flip biscotti to opposite side and bake another 10minutes. Remove and cool completely before frosting.
- To garnish, dip bottom of cooled biscotti into melted vanilla candy coating. Set on parchment paper (candy coating side DOWN) and allow to dry/set. Once set (about 15 minutes) store in an airtight container or ziploc bag for up to two weeks.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
Today’s recipe was originally published on November 27, 2013 and has been republished in November 2018
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**