M&M’S® Peanut Butter Caramel Corn
Snack time just got tastier with this homemade M&M’S® Peanut Butter Caramel Corn! Make a batch today!
**This post is sponsored by M&M’S®. I am excited to partner with them in creating delicious recipes, all opinions are 100% my own***
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox
My husband and I had an interview last week. We were invited to join in a group of friends who make regular dates at a local theater. However, while one of the couples is one of our best friends…we didn’t really know the other people going.
Here’s where the “interview” came into play! We had dinner at our friends house and the other people were there. The criteria of acceptance was all based on what kind of snack I bring.
Obviously, I’m kidding. Sorta. I mean, they did want to “meet us” and they did know that I have a dessert blog. But I’m pretty sure that we were “in” without the interview.
Either way, I made a batch of this M&M’S® Peanut Butter Caramel Corn for dessert. There’s no way they would kick us out after trying this treat.
It starts with my favorite homemade caramel corn recipe as a base. But I take it a step further by coating the crunchy caramel corn with a white chocolate and peanut butter coating. I then folded in some M&M’S® Peanut Butter candies and this treat had all the makings of a great snack.
It would be perfect for game day get-togethers, picnics, potlucks, and lunches!
I’ve partnered up with M&M’S® to help create delicious content for their new Pinterest page! If you have some great cookie or pie (or any dessert) recipe and you want to kick it up a notch, consider adding M&M’S® to your recipe!
In the meantime, whip up a batch of this homemade caramel corn for dessert tonight. Here are a few tips:
- When making the popcorn, whether it be air popped or bagged, make sure after you have popped it all (about 18 cups) you want to remove any seeds!
- You’re going to bring your butter, sugar, corn syrup and salt mixture to a boil on the stove top. Let it boil for a full minute, remove from heat, THEN add the baking soda and vanilla. This will turn the mixture into a frothy light brown color. You want to immediately pour this over the popped popcorn and fold it gently until all the kernels are covered in caramel.
- I prefer to line my broiler pans with foil. You can also use 15x10x1 inch pans or disposable lasagna pans. You’re going to need TWO pans. Pour your caramel corn onto the two pans and spread it out so it’s mostly in a single layer.
- Bake for an hour, but after every 15 minutes, remove the pans and stir gently, spooning up the excess caramel on the bottom so it coats the popcorn.
- After baking, remove from the oven and pour caramel corn into a VERY LARGE BOWL. Or several bowls. To this you are going to add your melted white chocolate (or almond bark) and your creamy peanut butter mixture. Stir until everything is coated evenly. Add Peanut Butter M&M’S and dump mixture onto a wax paper (or parchment paper) lined counter top. This allows you to spread it out and it will set up quickly.
- Once it’s all set up (meaning the chocolate peanut butter mixture has dried) break into chunks and store in a couple gallon sized plastic bags. ENJOY!!
Connect with M&M’S®:
- 18 cups popped popcorn (remove seeds)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 16 oz white almond bark (or vanilla melting chocolate or white chocolate)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 package (12.7oz) M&M'S® Peanut Butter (about 1 3/4 cup)
- Line two baking pans with foil (preferably deeper pans like broiler pans, or disposable lasagna pans). Set aside. Preheat oven to 250F.
- In a large bowl, add popped popcorn (make sure all seeds are removed) . Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and kosher salt. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Stirring constantly, boil for one full minute.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and baking soda. Mixture will become frothy. Pour over popcorn. Stir by folding gently until all kernels are covered. Divide evenly and pour onto two prepared baking pans.
- Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven, pour into large bowl.
- In a small microwave safe dish, combine white almond bark and peanut butter. Heat for one minute, stirring until smooth (you may need to heat an additional 30 seconds if almond bark isn't completely melted).
- Pour over caramel corn, until evenly coated. Add in peanut butter M&M'S® and pour mixture onto parchment paper (or wax paper) on the counter. Allow to set (about 10 minutes.
- Store in airtight container or plastic freezer bags. ENJOY!
Love adding M&M’S® to dessert? Here are a few more ideas…
Chocolate Cupcakes with M&M Frosting: you’ll love the crunch in the frosting from the candy!
M&M Fudge: creamy vanilla fudge loaded with delicious holiday M&M’S
Rainbow Fudge Cookie Bars: only a few ingredients and you can have a batch of these today!
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with M&M’s. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Shugary Sweets possible.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**