White Trash Candy…open your pantry, dump a bunch of salty and sweets together, cover in white chocolate and BOOM. Candy.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
This is the most versatile candy you can make. Basically, open up your pantry and see what you have, coat it in white chocolate, put it in a bowl, and tell everyone to come eat some candy.
Of course, don’t grab pasta noodles and rice, that might not taste so good.
Here is what I put in my no bake candy….although I will tell you I never make it the same way twice!
How to make White Trash Candy
In a very large mixing bowl combine cereal and candy.
I like to use Froot Loops, pretzels, Cheerios, Cocoa Puffs, and M&M’s.
Melt white chocolate according to package directions. I usually opt for Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting wafers. They taste amazing and melt beautifully.
Pour melted chocolate over the cereal mixture. Gently mix until covered.
Pour onto parchment paper on the counter top. Let harden (about 15 minute). Store in airtight container at room temperature.
More Fun Treats
You can make this easy microwave treat and change up the flavors.
Add chex cereal, holiday colored m&m’s, cranberries and pistachios for a Christmas version.
Spoon a big bunch of this white trash dessert into a clear plastic treat bag. Tie it up with ribbon and give it as a hostess gift, teacher gift, or party favor. Bring it to a bake sale, it is always is one of the first treats to sell!
Make it in October. This Halloween Trash Candy recipe is packed with flavor, and all the fun Halloween cereals!
Easter or Spring want in on the action. This fun Bunny Chow is disguised as White Trash candy!
And all the peanut butter lovers unite with this Peanut Butter Lover’s Trash Candy recipe.
Pick a favorite!
Pin this now to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite Board
More Easy Desserts
- Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- White Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Dipped Potato Chip Cookies
- Homemade Cracker Jack
- Christmas crack – can be made any season!
Easy WHITE TRASH CANDY recipe. Toss together sweet and salty snacks with melted white chocolate for a delicious treat!
- 1 cup Honey Nut Cheerios
- ½ cup Cocoa Puffs
- 1 cup Froot Loops
- 1 cup M&M's and Hershey eggs (enough together to make one cup)
- 1 cup broken pretzel sticks
- 10 oz Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting Wafers (or vanilla bark)
- In a very large mixing bowl combine cereal and candy.
- I like to use Froot Loops, pretzels, Cheerios, Cocoa Puffs, and M&M's.
- Melt white chocolate according to package directions. I usually opt for Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting wafers. They taste amazing and melt beautifully.
- Pour melted chocolate over the cereal mixture. Gently mix until covered.
- Pour onto parchment paper on the counter top. Let harden (about 15 minute). Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Serving Size:1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.
**Recipe originally published April 11, 2011. Photos updated April 2017**