White Trash Candy. Open your pantry, dump a bunch of salty sweet snack foods in a bowl and cover it with white chocolate. Homemade candy at its easiest!
Why this Recipe Works
We call this white trash because most likely you’re using ingredients that would normally be tossed in the trash (the end of a bag of cereal, pretzels, etc) and then coating it in white chocolate.
This is the most versatile candy recipe you can make!
- White Trash Candy only takes 10 minutes to make. Kids love to help make this candy with all their favorite cereals!
- With so many options, you can make it dozens of times and never have it exactly the same way twice.
- This candy is colorful with the perfect balance of sweet and salty flavors.
When a batch of White Trash Candy is in the house, I can’t resist snacking on it by the handful. If you love this, you’re going to also love our easy bunny chow!
- White chocolate melting wafers. I use Ghirardelli brand. It’s specifically designed to melt smoothly and set up perfectly soft–and they taste amazing!
- Cereal. Froot Loops, Cheerios, and Cocoa Puffs are featured today. But feel free to swap these out for any combination of your favorite fruity and chocolatey varieties.
- Pretzels. Sticks or twists will work great here.
- Candy. M&M’s (any flavor), Reeses Pieces, chopped Twix, Snickers, Milky Way. So many posibilities! Toss in some homemade peanut butter cups!
You can make this easy microwave no bake treat and change up the flavors.
- Add Chex cereal, holiday colored m&m’s, cranberries and pistachios for a Christmas version.
- Spoon a big bunch of this white trash dessert into a clear plastic treat bag. Tie it up with ribbon and give it as a hostess gift, teacher gift, or party favor. Bring it to a bake sale, it is always is one of the first treats to sell!
- Make it in October. Halloween Trash Candy can be made using all the fun holiday cereals, like BooBerry, Count Chocula, etc.
- And all the peanut butter lovers unite by adding in Reese’s Puffs, peanut butter cups, and peanut butter chocolate chips!
Pick a favorite!
Tips and Tricks
- Place the cereal, pretzels and chocolate candies in a bowl before melting the white chocolate so it’s ready to go.
- Pour the candy on parchment paper to let it set for quick and easy clean up.
- Store White Trash Candy in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Do not freeze. The cereal and pretzels will become mushy when thawed.
You can use white chocolate chips, but they won’t melt as smooth or set up as well unless you temper it first.
White Trash Candy is a treat made by adding melted white chocolate to a combination of sweet cereals, candy and salty snacks.
This is best enjoyed within a week or so. It’s addictingly delicious, so you won’t have any trouble finishing it off!
More Easy Desserts
- Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- White Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Dipped Potato Chip Cookies
- Homemade Cracker Jack
- Puppy Chow
- Christmas crack – can be made any season!
Empty out the pantry and make a batch of White Trash Candy. Just be prepared–it’s hard to stop eating this once you start!