Love Chocolate Chip Cookies? Love Coffee? You’re going to flip for this new creamer recipe! Chocolate Chip Cookie Coffee Creamer is a tasty way to start your morning.
I may or may not be addicted to homemade coffee creamers! It all started with this Pumpkin Coffee Creamer. Our traditional french vanilla coffee creamer soon followed, have you tried it yet?
Table of Contents
Why this Recipe is Best
Since I found out how to make coffee creamer, I’ve created dozens of variations.
From Almond Joy Coffee Creamer to simple French Vanilla Coffee Creamer, they’ve saved me so much money and time!
This Chocolate Chip Cookie Coffee Creamer is no different. I took the brown sugar, vanilla and chocolate flavors I love in the classic chocolate chip cookies and blended them into a rich creamer.
Using a combination of sweetened condensed milk and regular milk gives the creamer a delicious consistency. It’s sweet without being cloying.
Perfect for adding to hot or iced coffee!
- Milk. You can use any kind of milk for today’s coffee creamer recipe. I usually opt for skim (or fat free). Whole milk will make it even richer and creamier. Nonfat would work too!
- Vanilla extract. Make sure to use a real pure vanilla here. I love adding my homemade Vanilla Extract to creamers.
- Brown Sugar. Adds the perfect sweetness and gives it a caramelized flavor like a cookie!
- Sweetened condensed milk. Sweet and rich.
- Cocoa Powder. Use unsweetened cocoa powder for this recipe. Ghirardelli is my favorite, as it blends well and has a rich flavor.
Tips and Tricks
- Always use a small saucepan with milk over low heat when you’re combining milk with cocoa powder. It only takes a few extra minutes, but it makes a world of a difference. You don’t really want a chalky cocoa powder taste to your creamer, right?
- Add the vanilla extract to the creamer after removing it from heat. Make sure to whisk in the vanilla until well combined.
- Store your creamer in a mason jar or covered container. You’re going to want to be able to give it a good shake before using. The sweet milk (and the chocolate) tends to settle to the bottom. Shake Shake Shake.
- When determining your “use by” date, go by the date of your milk. I can use a batch of this creamer in about a week and a half by myself. But I drink a lot of coffee. If you need to know how long this creamer will last, check your date on your milk. That’s the date to determine your expiration on this creamer.
- Feel free to use fat free condensed milk and fat free milk to make this creamer a little bit healthier. Or, go fully indulgent and use regular sweetened condensed milk with whole milk (or even heavy cream). YUM.
- Serve over iced coffee for a refreshing treat!
- MORE Creamers: Try our refreshing cinnamon coffee creamer or chocolate marshmallow coffee creamer next!
Yes, you can. Dark brown sugar has a deeper molasses flavor and darker color so it will affect the flavor and color of the creamer accordingly.
I don’t recommend the microwave for this recipe. Whisking the cocoa powder into the milk while it heats helps it get fully incorporated so it’s smooth and not lumpy. It’s also more difficult to control the temperature of your milk if you microwave it. Scalding the milk by accident can result in an “off” flavor in your creamer.
I haven’t found any substitutes for the sweetened condensed milk that give the creamer the same heavenly taste. Although, I have used fat free versions of condensed milk with great results!
More Easy Recipes
Chocolate Chip Cookie Coffee Creamer
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 ounce
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, milk, cocoa powder, and brown sugar.
- Heat over low heat, whisking until all ingredients are well blended.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
- Store in refrigerator until chilled.
Have your chocolate chip cookies and drink them too! A splash of Chocolate Chip Cookie Coffee Creamer turns your morning caffeine boost into a special treat.
MMM yummy, the best coffee clreamer. I think that it will last longer if you skip the milk and use only condensed one.
Well doesn’t this just sound AMAZING!!! Definitely giving this a try. Two of my favorites in one!
Oh my gawd!! This looks luscious 😀
Thanks girl 🙂
I have not seen this coffee creamer in any of the stores around me, but um..it doesn’t matter because now I have one of the best things that I think I just read tonight! Thanks so much for sharing this! Will be making for sure 🙂
Aww you flatter me. Best things you read tonight? Don’t burst my bubble though and tell me it’s the only thing you read 😉 hehe!! ENJOY
You do have the best homemade creamer recipes, girl! And I love that A. you baked cookies just for props and B. that you used comics as your background!!!
Thanks for my prop love 🙂 I learn from the best!
What a fun way to enjoy all that chocolate chip cookie flavor!! YUM!!
Cookie flavor is one of the best flavors!!
You make the best coffee creamers! I need to add this one to the list to make!
Aimee, really? Chocolate Chip Coffee Creamer? Just genius! I haven’t seen this at the store yet, but I’m definitely going to make it at home with your recipe. You have totally spoiled plain creamer for my family! Not that we’re complaining… Love how you used the comics for one of your props:)
I would use comics all the time as a backdrop, but then it would get boring for you all. I love it…toss them if you spill 🙂 Enjoy the creamer!!
Oh my!!! I JUST made your crème brulee creamer this AM, now I almost wish I had waited 30 mins to see this first. It’ll be next on my list for sure, yummy!!!
So glad you are making the homemade creamers. They are so easy, and that creme brulee version is a favorite! Oh who am I kidding I love them all. Guess you’ll have to try this one next!
Pretty sure I could drink this with or without coffee 😉
It’s hard to resist, cause it smells like cookies too 🙂
I saw the chocolate chip creamer in the store too, and I really wanted to buy it…but I didn’t. I LOVE that you have now shown me how to make it myself!!!
Let me know what you think!! Enjoy 🙂
Um you’re brilliant 😀 I used to drink coffee creamer all the time during college but stopped due to cost (and some of the artificial tastes really got to me). Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite cookie ever, so I’m excited to make my coffee taste like them!
Enjoy Carla. This one if for you 🙂
I love that you baked cookies just for this post…. SO worth it!!
It’s a rough job, but someone has to do it 🙂
I’ll be over right away for cookies and coffee!
I’m waiting 🙂
My coffee feels a little lame right now. I need this creamer in my life! Pinned!
Nothing worse than lame coffee, haha!! Thanks for pinning Jen!
Oh my – I’m picturing myself drinking some coffee with this yummy Chocolate Chip Cookie Coffee Creamer AND eating a plateful of chocolate chip cookies. HEAVEN! 🙂
Yeah, I sure hope heaven has this 🙂
Every time you post a new coffee creamer, I think “this would be my favorite”! THIS could really be my favorite! LOVE it! Pinned!
This might be my favorite too. Maybe. Oh it is so hard to choose!! Thanks for pinning.
I hardly need any coffee with my creamer 🙂 I could pretty much drink this! Looks like another hit!!!
I will admit to taking a little swig. Quite tasty 🙂
I love all of your creamer recipes, but this one has me drooling. I’m wishing I had a big splash for my coffee right now! Pinned.
I wish you had some for your coffee too! Thanks for pinning 🙂